Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beanpants
Oct 27, 2004

The Witcher 2: Even our dice rolls have dice rolls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beanpants
Oct 27, 2004

Samurai Sanders posted:

If you have your medallion active (pushing the left stick in on the 360 controller dunno about anything else) and walk into a place of power it should get its effect, unless you have another affect from a different place of power active already.

I think that star you are seeing is actually a plus and means you can level up.

You actually can stack place of power effects.

Beanpants
Oct 27, 2004

Even if you chose to do the Iorveth path for Chapter 2, it's better to sock him in the face during the Letho confrontation. You can still free him and go with him to Vergen, and you still get the celebration instead of the whole killing of all the non-humans in town thing.

Beanpants
Oct 27, 2004

Stroth posted:

Sorceresses can permanently change the way they look with magic, that's why they're all beautiful. Pick out a new face, change your name, set up shop in a different country. The only hard part is building up your reputation again.

If I recall from the books (Yennefer related book spoilers) Yennefer was a hunchback when she was younger before she became a full sorceress and changed it with magic.

Beanpants
Oct 27, 2004

Cityinthesea posted:

Foltest has a legitimate daughter, Adda, and two bastards (at least?). If you saved his daughter in witcher 1, she's married to the King of Redania, which means she's taken off the line of succession. I think the 360 version has her dead, though I'm not sure.

Yeah, the default has her dead, though I can see why. It took a pretty obtuse method in The Witcher 1 to keep her alive instead of killing her outright.

I remember there being a bug in one of the early versions of TW2 where the chief of Lobindon is telling the story of Geralt and Adda's first encounter, and he always mentioned that she was killed, despite her being alive and well in my game.

folgore posted:

Is parry/block worth using? I didn't bother with it at all in my original playthrough, but I'm thinking of trying it again on dark mode now that quen is nerfed and the whole fatigue thing is in.

Definitely, but keep in mind that there is no counter prompt in Dark mode. You have to base your timing on your opponent's attack.

Beanpants
Oct 27, 2004

Aurubin posted:

Has CDProjeckt said anything about the third game? They ended 1 on a huge twist then never said a drat thing till that internal video got leaked.

If you see the new ending scene after the credits, it pretty much spells out that there is going to be a third game. A crazy, crazy third game.

Beanpants
Oct 27, 2004

Rookersh posted:

I really wonder how Witcher 3 will handle choices.

I don't think the Witcher 3 will delve into the details of northern politics too deeply.

It will probably be located mainly in Nilfgaard itself as Geralt seeks out Yennefer and deals with Emhyr, who used to be his friend. The player's choices in 2 will most likely have to do with who is in what position to deal with the invasion on a broad level, much like how TW1's story feeds into TW2.

Beanpants
Oct 27, 2004

pogothemonkey0 posted:

Maybe I'm dense (very likely) but what specifically stood out to you as anti-bioware? The morality issue was the only thing that really stood out to me.

It was mostly a burn on Dragon Age II and their whole "press button, something awesome happens" marketing snafu.

Beanpants
Oct 27, 2004

You try wearing heavy fabrics in a seaside swamp.

EDIT: "You have to understand a little something about medieval fashion to understand what's going on here. They didn't actually invent pants as we know them today till quite late. Until then, they wore those baggy shorts called Braies and would actually tie leggings called Chauses, one for each leg (which it became fashionable to mix and match so you often saw people with one blue legging and one red) on to them. They've simply neglected to tie their chauses on to their braies because they're simple folk. You can see the chauses properly tied on with some of the character models in the game, mostly noblemen. Though usually they would wear a tunic that was long enough to cover the bries."

–Via http://www.gog.com/en/forum/the_witcher_2/no_pants

Beanpants fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Apr 25, 2012

Beanpants
Oct 27, 2004

Ravenfood posted:

How does "Taster" work? Are you still limited by the toxicity amount but can suddenly drink 4 potions instead of three? Or does it increase your Toxicity cap too?

The toxicity cap doesn't increase, but if you go whole hog into Alchemy, it pays to be poisoned going into combat due to the buffs you get for it. My poisoned Geralt is a wrecking ball, especially when he hits mutant mode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beanpants
Oct 27, 2004

Setzer Gabbiani posted:

But these are devs behind The Witcher, a game that would not exist if coded by people who weren't anything but alpha #1. There's a good chance that their party-friendly office has seen Dandelion-amounts of superior Polish weed and women on weekends

I love that they have a Princess and the Frog standee in their reading area.

• Locked thread