Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PleasantDilemma
Dec 5, 2006

The Last Hope for Peace
anyone here have experience with Ubuntu cloud? I was playing around with the cloud live CD last night but having some issues. in the control panel it wouldn't create any volumes. I assume that's because it was running off USB. I was able to load the cirros image, but couldn't SSH into it from another computer in my LAN even though it was set as public.
is there an easy way to just install that live image, or do I have to install server edition on several computers and choose the MAAS option?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PleasantDilemma
Dec 5, 2006

The Last Hope for Peace
Hey I'm running Ubuntu 12.10. I installed Amarok because it is way better than rythmbox, and it integrates the little control when you click the speaker icon on the top menu. However, I ran apt-get autoremove and now Amarok does not work. If i click on the icon for it in the launcher it will blink for a few seconds like it is going to start up but Amarok does not launch. The controls for Amarok aren't in the widget in the top menu, but there is an icon for Amarok that also fails to launch it.

I have used the Ubuntu Software Center to uninstall and then install Amarok again, but that hasn't helped. Any other ideas on how I can get it to work again? I really hate how Rythmbox manages the play queue and overall don't like its UI/UX.

PleasantDilemma
Dec 5, 2006

The Last Hope for Peace
Hey I installed Ubuntu 12.04 back when it came out and it turned my two 80GB drives into a Raid 1 and called them /dev/mapper_asdfasdf or some gibberish. Anyway I want to wipe that thing out and install the newer version, but the Ubuntu installer fails saying I have too many primary partitions on the drive. I booted gParted and tried to delete the partitions using that, but it gave different errors about running a command that i can't remember the name of but was apparently related to lvm. I got it to delete the swap partitions but nothing else would work. Did I totally mess up my drives or could there be a physical problem with my hard drives? The drives are pretty old and I have not booted to them in about a year.

• Locked thread