Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Butt Soup Barnes
Nov 25, 2008

Ughhhhhh.

I'm trying to build Android source so I installed Ubuntu 12.04. Found out that there are issues with that so I installed 11.10. Finally finished setting everything up and downloading the files only to get an error about being on a 32-bit processor. I knew that it required 64-bit but somehow forgot to make sure I had downloaded a 64-bit version.

So now I'm looking around for a 64-bit version but I can only seem to find it for AMD processors. Is there a 64-bit version of 11.10 for i386?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butt Soup Barnes
Nov 25, 2008

Longinus00 posted:

You are mixing up a whole lot of terms here. What processor/computer are you trying to install onto? The last mainstream intel processors to not support x64 were core duos I think and those are on the order of 8 years old now.

Sorry I wasn't more specific, it was late and I was frustrated after spending all day trying to get everything setup.

The processor is an Intel Q6600. The fact that all the builds were called AMD64 and not x64 is what threw me off. I have it installing now.

Thanks for the help guys.

• Locked thread