Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

King Burgundy posted:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/iambigbird/i-am-big-bird

I AM BIG BIRD

This is looking to be an awesome documentary about Caroll Spinney. This guy has been Big Bird and Oscar the Grouch since 1969. It is about two thirds funded with nine days to go. I'd really love to see this get funded. There are multiple videos posted on the page now and they are well worth watching if you don't have coal where your heart should be.
Fully funded now, and still going with six days left. Seriously, if you back any Kickstarter projects at all and haven't thrown a couple of dollars at these guys, you should be thoroughly ashamed of yourself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Why is one person going to buy 100 lens caps?

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

ultrafilter posted:

For resale?
Pretty much. So by only offering those kinds of rewards, you're immediately and drastically cutting down the likelihood of anyone bothering to pledge. I know it sucks, but most people are self-interested, greedy assholes. If they're not getting something out of it, they're not going to be interested. That's basically the entire reason behind the reward system - "what's in it for me?"

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

I feel like I'm being stealth goatmanned.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

sirbeefalot posted:

What color did you get? I saw in the last update they had just started making the red faces, I'm hoping my grey watch isn't going to get here in the fall. :(
I ordered a red one, so theoretically it should be here sometime in the next few weeks, but honestly, I'm sticking with the same attitude I've had about that thing for the past like 10 months - I'll believe they even exist the moment I see one and not a second earlier. At this stage, I'll just be glad to get one before the heat death of the universe.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Saint Darwin posted:

edit: VVVVV Following their progress and an interview they did with a bunch of other Kickstarter projects, the most successful ones seem to be the most screwed for time because they never planned to do a tenth of the reward "preorders" they got, let alone adding in an actual production run to sell later. Even companies which have put out products for decades said "it's literal insanity trying to deal with that many people, that much money, and that much production in the timeframe we estimated."
I can understand and appreciate that, but the Pebble team handled backer communication absolutely terribly. They were hands-down the worst at that out of any project I've backed. I've had other projects delayed by months, but those teams/people were completely open and transparent about what was going on, what the plan for the future was, and when the product would see the light of day; as a result, backers were almost entirely cool with the delays. The Pebble team acted like backers should consider themselves honored to get any information at all. I'm sure the end product is/will be just fine, but I'll be buggered if they're ever seeing another dollar from me.

NitroSpazzz posted:

Pocket TV - pretty cool and well designed but other than the first weekend it showed up I haven't used it much. My computer is already hooked up to my TV so it's just a slower android PC for my TV. At some point I'll find a use for it or just continue to use it for occasional gaming.
Yeah, I had the same experience with the Equiso. The remote control for it is pretty cool - it tracks well, and having the keyboard just right on the back of it is great - but in the time between backing it and receiving it I ended up hooking my PC up to my TV anyway, so it's kind of redundant now.

As for some other stuff:
The three pen projects I backed - Eco Essential, STP, and PHX - are all pretty great. The Eco pen is a little too light for my liking, but otherwise that and the STP are great dual pen/stylus things. If you like a nice pen, I seriously recommend the STP one in particular - it's got a nice finish, accepts a wide range of refills, and has about the right amount of heft to it. I'd be totally happy to back just about anything else those guys do. They were one of the projects I mentioned above, where they had some production issues and had to delay shipping, but since they were completely open and transparent about it, basically every backer actively paying attention to the project was fine with it.

Remee still seems like a cool idea, but I always seem to end up just pulling the thing off in my sleep, so it really hasn't done poo poo for me.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Twitch posted:

9 Jerkcity books left, I just got an email from them saying stickers for everyone, I can't loving wait.
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck two left, I could get in but they won't ship outside the US!

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

poo poo, if they can make a loving TV show out of poo poo My Dad Says, they better find a way to make a film about Iron Sheik's tweets.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

1) Jesus, leave that poo poo for a couple days after roasting, show some respect for yourself and the coffee. If you're in that much of a hurry go to Starbucks.
2) "Their overwhelming feedback gave us the confidence to go viral." gently caress you, that is not what viral means.

sub supau has a new favorite as of 11:53 on Dec 2, 2013

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

The documentary's got to be better than the movie, at least.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

That game looks super confusing.

Also I don't understand how David Sirlin developed a game that's supposed to be fun. I thought Sirlin was of the opinion that having fun with games is for scrublords.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Mister Sinewave posted:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1085386850/my-n3rd-connect-and-control-anything-from-anywhere

I like the fact that it's made with a simple goal (internet-enabled via smartphone "switch" for anything) but also the fact that you can configure it to connect to wi-fi stuff like usual wi-fi connected stuff, but with the added perk that if there's no wi-fi available it can create and act as it's own wireless access point so it can always be reached.
That looks pretty cool, but I don't understand how it's supposed to connect to ordinary appliances, like a coffee machine or whatever. It looks simple enough in that fireplace video, but what about poo poo you can't just pry open like that?

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

transfatphobic posted:

Is this seriously a result of Doobie?
For gently caress's sake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

I think the food's more likely to ruin lives than the physical "restaurant".

• Locked thread