Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
brick cow
Oct 22, 2008
I've been spending a lot of time on kickstarter lately. I'm considering putting one together- until that happens:

Cool stuff that's already backed and/or mentioned in the thread:

Public Lab DIY Spectrometry Kit
A build your own, buy one of ours or convert your cell phone to a spectrometer. Really cool, really nerdy idea. I want this even though I can think of absolutely zero practical uses I would have for it.

Space Elevator Science - Climb to the Sky - A Tethered Tower
Fund some robots climbing 2k into the sky. The thing I like about this is the optimism in the project. It's a little heart warming to watch the video, the guys restrained but you can tell he's passionate.

Grin - The Unauthorized Biography of a Cheshire Cat
by Adam Danielski

I'm a sucker for everything Alice in Wonderland. Even fan fiction.

Stuff that hasn't been mentioned/needs backers:

Bike Luminance: Lighting and turn signals that will be seen!
Turning and stop indicator lights in a bike helmet that react depending on the tilt of your head. Pretty sweet, but, they also make you a blinking target if drivers are trying to hit you. I can finally find out if that is the case.

Hotel Noir
A movie! It's done! It's in black and white! It's an old-timey detective story! They need money for distribution. It also has all these actors I've never heard of: Carla Gugino, Danny DeVito, Rosario Dawson, Rufus Sewell, Malin Akerman, Robert Forster, Mandy Moore and Kevin Connolly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brick cow
Oct 22, 2008

Except Danny DeVito is :arghfist::stonk::fh:

I'm really looking forward to this film. The ten minute preview was great, not as dark as I expected but really funny. Mandy Moore is... it's been emotisized already.

I'm also looking forward to the day I marry Malin Akerman but that will probably happen after this premiers.

brick cow
Oct 22, 2008

This is pretty cool but how is it not a trademark violation?

• Locked thread