Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

OrangeKing posted:

I have a Kickstarter project that I launched about a day and a half ago. It's a book titled So Bad, It's Good, and it's all about the joy of watching enjoyably bad movies. The book profiles dozens of the "best" bad movies from a variety of time periods and genres.

There are a number of reward levels available, and the funding is off to a good start...but I've still got a ways to go in order to get to my goal. Check it out of the topic interests you - thanks!

I have to ask: Why didn't you pitch this to a traditional publisher? As it is you'll play hell getting it the kind of publicity it should have. I'm also not sure if you've got anywhere near enough money to secure the rights to things like photographs and stills. $600 for an editor is on the low side for a project like this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

Humboldt squid posted:

This looks really cool, as I understand it, it's a lightweight, low cost ion thruster for micro-satellites.
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/597141632/cat-a-thruster-for-interplanetary-cubesats?ref=home_popular

It probably won't get funded, because it's not a iphone accessory, video game or a tiny plastic boobie-girl figurine though :(

They should have looked at DOD grants, too.

• Locked thread