Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dirby
Sep 21, 2004

Helping goons with math
I probably wouldn't personally use it, but this looks amazing. Basically, you can print (monochrome) on lots of things without needing a darkroom.
Print on a shirt (so you don't need to go to Cafepress):

Print on wood:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dirby
Sep 21, 2004

Helping goons with math

brick cow posted:

Hotel Noir
A movie! It's done! It's in black and white! It's an old-timey detective story! They need money for distribution. It also has all these actors I've never heard of: Carla Gugino, Danny DeVito, Rosario Dawson, Rufus Sewell, Malin Akerman, Robert Forster, Mandy Moore and Kevin Connolly.

They've met their goal and have posted the first ten minutes of the film on Youtube. My worry is that they're not asking enough for physical rewards compared to many other kickstarters. I hope they're getting enough income/go far enough past their goal that it doesn't matter (as long as they're not losing money on each reward).

dirby
Sep 21, 2004

Helping goons with math

jonjonaug posted:

Production I.G. just started a Kickstarter
Whenever real companies make Kickstarter projects like this, that when I start to think Kickstarter is actually revolutionizing something.

quote:

Masaaki Yuasa
:swoon: I haven't seen a Masaaki Yuasa-directed thing I didn't like, and I've seen all of them. (Edit: Well, almost; he's directed a couple of obscure things.)

quote:

Funding the hell out of this one
-

Robots are cool too.

dirby has a new favorite as of 22:17 on Oct 1, 2012

dirby
Sep 21, 2004

Helping goons with math

jonjonaug posted:

Production I.G. just started a Kickstarter for a 10 minute animated film directed by Masaaki Yuasa, who directed Mind Game.

Funding the hell out of this one, Yuasa is really good and deserves the work.

For the people here who care but haven't seen the thread for it, the pricing/contents on the rewards recently went from "they want how much?" to "that's quite reasonable".

dirby
Sep 21, 2004

Helping goons with math

Saint Darwin posted:

So the creator of Dinosaur Comics is doing a Kickstarter for a choose-your-own-adventure Shakespere book. There's a huge list of artists who are involved including Kate Beaton (which you will notice from the Kickstarter art)

Every internet famous artist and like 20 non-famous artists are working on it, and it's spearheaded by Ryan North? I'm sold.

dirby
Sep 21, 2004

Helping goons with math

tinaun posted:

Go throw money at this if you haven't already.

If it gets about $66,000 more in the next 37 hours, Ryan North will literally explode (according to the stretch goals).

dirby
Sep 21, 2004

Helping goons with math

Analytic Engine posted:

What a fantadtic project! drat, if I'd read this thread last week then all that swag would've been coming my way... Does anyone know when the book is being printed for latecomers?
You actually have a little more than a week to get in on some of the Kickstarter rewards at this link (on the right side of the page).

dirby
Sep 21, 2004

Helping goons with math

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Edit: goon comic project Jaybird only has 9 days left as well.
I almost didn't see this, but it should be mentioned (even though it says on the page) that you get a book even if it doesn't make its goal, despite the fact that it's flexible funding. But klaivu will make more money (not lose money? :ohdear:) if it does make its goal. Also, here's the thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dirby
Sep 21, 2004

Helping goons with math
Having already blown past the amounts raised for the Kick-Heart and the Time of Eve Kickstarters in a couple of days, there is a Kickstarter to extend the length of Little Witch Academia 2. If you haven't seen Little Witch Academia 1, it's on youtube officially and is worth the half hour:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBlqxEIJ_Cg

• Locked thread