Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Clang
A bunch of guys in Seattle are trying to create a more realistic version of swordfighting in computer games. I have no idea if it'll be any good but the pitch video (starring scfi writer Neal Stephenson) is pretty hilarious.

The "blacksmith" in that video working on a crowbar and mentioning that things take a long time to make is my favorite part.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

They've got 35 hours to go and as of right now they've raised almost 98% of their goal, it's going to go down to the wire but it looks like they're going to make it!

With 9 hours to go, it looks like Clang will hit its target. (The donation from Razer's CEO was nice, though I don't know if that's what put it over the top.)

I can't wait to see what the Chairman does with it now.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

How is the Penny Arcade thing even remotely within the terms of service? "Pay our bills for a year" doesn't seem terribly kosher.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

I really like the idea behind Moon Intern

larrypixel posted:

Moon Intern is a serialized side-scrolling action RPG set on a Moon Colony played almost like a comic book with each day acting like a single issue or a single episode. Our game is light hearted with a lot of love, action and adventure starring you, the backers! Navigate between the various areas of the Moon Colony as you preform odd jobs and random tasks in order to pay your rent (you're an intern after all).

It will be curious to see if they can pay off the serialized / different-gameplay-based-on-your-performance thing, plus tell an interesting story at the same time. Plus, some variety in the reward tiers. Somebody has already ponied up the cash to make their likeness into the Moon President...

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Unexploded Cow
Cheapass Games is trying to make a comeback, so they have a Kickstarter up for a deluxe edition of Unexploded Cow.

Cheapass Games posted:

Europe. Summer. 1997. You and your so-called "friends" have discovered two problems with a common solution: mad cows in England, and unexploded bombs in France. In Unexploded Cow, you will round up mad cows, march them through the French countryside, and make a buck blowing them up.

Most of the cheaper tiers that allow you to name a cow are gone, but this could be fun.

Planetary Annihilation
Uber Entertainment has some of the team that made Total Annihilation and other games. They want to bring you the "spiritual successor" Planetary Annihilation

Uber Entertainment posted:

We all know that the RTS genre has taken a hit. There just aren’t that many quality original RTS games coming out. If you love to play games like Total Annihilation your options are pretty limited. This is where Planetary Annihilation comes in. It is meant to be a truly innovative spin on what RTS games can and should be.

They're promising a "planetary spin" on the RTS game, and the pitch video includes building a rocket to launch your commander to the moon, building seed vehicles on the moon to spawn asteroid bases, and turning those new asteroid bases into kinetic weapons. Plus, they have the original narrator from Total Annihilation doing the pitch video, I would recognize that bombastic voice anywhere even before he introduced himself.

This is way more promising than the disappointment that was Supreme Commander 2. (Though I did like Forged Alliance...)

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

helopticor posted:

Every internet famous artist and like 20 non-famous artists are working on it, and it's spearheaded by Ryan North? I'm sold.

Same here. It's already way beyond their initial ask, but it's such a great project.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

I really like this drawing project: Draw Like a Boss

A drawing course presented a bit like a game, acquiring skills and tools to defeat the final boss. Great promotional video. Plus, the Ryan North and Kate Beaton endorsements made me laugh.

I also wish that more Kickstarter projects were as well-prepared as this one is, with a pie-chart that breaks down expenses, and everybody who backs the project is added to this image the update on a daily basis.

Yes, it is in GBP but don't let that stop you from learning to draw insanely cute little rats.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

JWFIV posted:

Cthulhu Wars

Sandy Petersen has developed a board game along the lines of Risk, but set in a world where the Great Old Ones from H.P. Lovecraft's Mythos have run amok and are vying against each other for domination of the earth. I got to play a few rounds of it back in March while it was still in the test phase with Sandy, and it's definitely an amazing game for those interested in strategy heavy, competitive board games. One of the biggest draws, though, are the nearly 140 miniatures that will be part of the base game and subsequent expansions. Kickstarter will end on July 7th for anybody interested!

This is amazing. And I thought that Talisman required a lot of figures to play... Glad to see they are destroying all the stretch goals.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/newscribbler/cinefex-classic-collection

Digitize a bunch of back issues of Cinefex magazine to put them in an iOS app. Not quite sure why they need funding for this as I'm sure they'll sell online fine, but some of the levels net a deal on themed sets of issues like "all Star Trek issues" or "all Star Wars issues ever."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Concert of Akira Ifukube's music for the Godzilla films.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1094605844/ifukube-and-godzilla-a-musical-celebration

Love that Godzilla march! (Though it's odd to me that the two guys in the film don't pronounce his name the same way)

• Locked thread