Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«19 »
LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

Forum: http://www.kineticvoid.com/forum
Pre-Order: http://www.kineticvoid.com/pre-order

Kinetic Void is a 3D space adventure with a focus on customization and enjoyable simulation.
Our in game ship builder allows players to construct their ship piece by piece. Each module can
be destroyed individually and if a ship's engines are destroyed, it will be left drifting.
If the hull piece containing a reactor is knocked out, everything that reactor powered will be
useless (unless another reactor can pick up the slack). While in space flight, interactions
between objects are governed by the physics engine. Running into an asteroid at high speed will
damage your ship and could send you careening off into space. Slowly approaching the asteroid
and then throttling up will allow you to accelerate the asteroid. And if that asteroid just
happens to be heading toward a space station... well, the results should be spectacular.
But be careful who you anger. The faction who owned the station will remember your little stunt
and may be gunning for you in the future. On the other hand, their enemies may appreciate your
resourcefulness and be more open toward you.

We have a shipyard demo that is out right now, we update it weekly adding more features and
gameplay.
Check it out!

Our Kickstarter ended on May 30th successfully raising $66,000. At this time we are now in full time production.

Late to the show? You can still get in on the pledge tiers by going to our Pre-order, after Jun 17th however the tiers will be removed and we will go to a more standardized pre-order. Act now and get a copy at 1/3 the cost.
http://www.kineticvoid.com/pre-order

Fully detailed and customizable space ships. Tailor your ship for any role. Make a
sleek fighter, a bulky freighter, or a mighty carrier. Your ship’s capabilities and appearance
are completely up to you. Using Kinetic Void’s ship builder you can make exactly the ship you
want. Customize every part of your ship from cockpits, hulls, engines, weapons, and aesthetic
modules. Each module has its own statistics that affect the total performance of your ship.
Every module can be further customized by slotting in subsystems.

Take direct control of your ship. Kinetic Void offers two control modes. Cursor-mode,
where the player can control the ship through keyboard commands, and pan the camera with the
mouse in any direction for quick tactical overview; or Mouse Flight-mode, allowing direct
control of the ship through mouse movements. Control your battleship’s turrets from a sweeping
orbital camera or slip between asteroids in a dogfight while piloting your heavy-fighter using
mouse flight mode. Switch between modes at any time to best suit the situation.
The Mouse Flight-mode will also be controllable with joysticks making the flight jockeys out
there feel right at home in the stars.

A new galaxy every time. When a new game is started the galaxy map, the contents of each
sector, and the factions involved will be generated from scratch. This will ensure that each
play-through is a totally new experience, with unpredictable events and political climate.
There will also be a choice to save galaxies so that the player may start over with a new captain,
in an already established galaxy.

Freedom to choose your fate. Be the scourge of the galaxy, or its savior.
A life of combat and struggle not your thing? Become an intergalactic trader and influence the
galaxy one deal at a time. Not interested in being a ‘good guy’? Take on a life of piracy and
plunder your way through sectors creating havoc wherever you go, docking at pirate stations
for supplies and crew as needed.

Intense active combat. Target enemy ships and maneuver in real time to align devastating
broad-sides or crippling strafing runs. In Kinetic Void, your skills as a pilot are just as
important as the components that make up your ship.

Know your neighbors. In Kinetic Void the galaxy is a living, breathing thing, not all
factions get along, not all of them hate each other. As factions interact, agreements and
treaties will be made and broken. Trade, combat and piracy will affect how the factions see
each other based on their own internal standings.

The player will be able to complete assignments or jobs on behalf of factions, and in this
way can manipulate the political climate. Be careful if you decide to double cross someone,
though! Factions will remember your deeds and act appropriately. If you want to avoid such
complications, stay out of politics altogether and go it alone.

Can you hear this?! Artem Bank is composing and producing the music for Kinetic Void
Sample his work at his site located here http://artembank.bandcamp.com/

We post weekly development videos for all to see. You can find these videos in two places
Combat Update (Monday May 21st)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNcsw_i40Qk

Shipyard Walkthrough
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YTqwBvxVWw
GameTrailers

First we are all goons, horrible isn't it?
Badland Studio is a small independent team of highly motivated developers. Our primary
philosophy towards development is an “open forum” approach, each team member, no matter
their specialty, has input on the project. Our team is currently made up of three individuals.

Sean Pollman "LumberingTroll": South Dakota, Sioux Falls
Project Manager / Game Designer
Programmer / Texture Artist

Matthew Hardy "Harabeck": Arkansas, Springdale
Lead Programmer

Kevin Czajkowski :MrTargetPractice": Florida, Orlando
3D Artist
Texture Artist

Fernando Pires "Enentor": Rio, Brazil
Texture Artist / Shader Developer
2D Artist

we need all the assistance we can, tell your friends, post on forums, talk to random
strangers on the street! We have a lot of really excited people behind us, and I know that
we can make this happen!

LumberingTroll fucked around with this message at Aug 8, 2012 around 00:10

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YOURFRIEND
Feb 3, 2009

You're an asshole, Mr. Grinch
You really are a cunt
You're as cuddly as a cockring
and charming being a shitheel

FUCK YOURFRIEND!

All of your links are broken. I'm actually really curious as to how much you're asking for.

Harabeck
Feb 9, 2012

And here we go...

YOURFRIEND posted:

All of your links are broken. I'm actually really curious as to how much you're asking for.

$60,000

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

Updates inbound

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

LumberingTroll posted:

Quote is not edit.

Also, if I had the money I'd kick some in. At the very least I'll pimp the kickstarter out to my friends, I loved what I saw in the ship builder. Good luck!

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

Also, Shipyard Demo 0.0.16 is now live.

Phosgene
Apr 16, 2008

Been waiting for your Kickstarter for days. The shipyard is good stuff, best of luck in your funding and can't wait to see how this develops.

Harabeck
Feb 9, 2012

Tsurupettan posted:

At the very least I'll pimp the kickstarter out to my friends, I loved what I saw in the ship builder. Good luck!

Please do, that would help a ton!

Verizian
Dec 18, 2004
The spiky one.

In the time It took me to go through the pledging process the amount of backers has doubled.

Tyberius
Oct 21, 2006

That won't be necessary.

How I missed the shipyard demo is beyond me, checking this bad boy out now.

lethial
Apr 29, 2009

The game looks great! Even though I am not a big fan of space sims, your presentation sold the game for me. Edit: where are my manners, best of luck guys, and I am glad to be a supporter.

lethial fucked around with this message at May 1, 2012 around 01:47

rentilius
Apr 21, 2010

I wish you guys the best of luck. From everything I've heard, it sounds like this is exactly the ideal type of Kickstarter project. There's progress already done, clear dedication, direction, and there's definitely a real effort. I'm happy to support this.

Mr.48
May 1, 2007

Will there be an option to build your own armada and eventually control entire regions of space/run your own faction somewhat like Mount and Blade?

Tinhorn
Dec 12, 2004

Your money or your life I'll have, it's all the same to me;
it's hanging for a sheep or murder in the first degree

Donated, because I loved TCOM and hell this looks pretty drat cool too.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

Mr.48 posted:

Will there be an option to build your own armada and eventually control entire regions of space/run your own faction somewhat like Mount and Blade?

We would like to, we have all kinds of ideas, and possible stretch goals, but our main concern is making sure we dont over extend ourselves.

Mr.48
May 1, 2007

LumberingTroll posted:

We would like to, we have all kinds of ideas, and possible stretch goals, but our main concern is making sure we dont over extend ourselves.

Dudes, do it. Seriously, I will jump on your kickstarter when I get my next paycheck at the end of May. I just want to play M&B in a spaceship

Electric Pope
Oct 29, 2011

Mr.48 posted:

Dudes, do it. Seriously, I will jump on your kickstarter when I get my next paycheck at the end of May. I just want to play M&B in a spaceship

You could play X3 in the meantime, then. Although all else being equal, I think I'll take customizable ships over X3s graphics.

fondue
Jul 14, 2002

Oh well, what the hey? Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Getting on board; good luck!

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Finally! Let's get this done.

Bruxism
Apr 29, 2009

Absolutely not anxious about anything.

Just donated. Followed the previous thread closely and very hopeful that this effort succeeds. Make it happen dudes.

Wee Tinkle Wand
Sep 28, 2004

I'M GETTING FUCKED UP THE ASS OVER HERE

Mr.48 posted:

I just want to play M&B in a spaceship

That exists but it's 2D: http://forums.somethingawful.com/sh...hreadid=3465556 Sort of like if you mashed together Gratuitous Space Battles and M&B.

I get much more of an X3 vibe off of this but with more customization which is awesome.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

Thanks a bunch guys! Appreciate all the support we are getting. If I may, please help by spreading the word any way you can think of! the number one way these seem to succeed is word of mouth. We are doing our best to get journalists interested etc, but we need you just as much!

As for post release content, we are fully prepared to put out content patches without charge, and make a comeback to the days of purchase expansions that are packed with new content and mechanics, we already have a few great ideas on what will be in these, its just not reasonable to try and squeeze them into the initial release. But rest assured, we have a LOT of plans.

Death Himself posted:

That exists but it's 2D: http://forums.somethingawful.com/sh...hreadid=3465556 Sort of like if you mashed together Gratuitous Space Battles and M&B.

I get much more of an X3 vibe off of this but with more customization which is awesome.

The X Universe games are one of our driving inspirations for sure, but you can also see Freelancer, and Freespace in there as well. we also enjoy the space sections of STO, and to some extent Eve.

Mr. Samuel Shitley
Jun 15, 2007

by XyloJW

Put down a couple bucks. Been following this since it came around a few months ago, and I think you guys are definitely on the right track. The frequent updates help a lot, I think.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Congrats on the KickStarter, you've got my backing. I'll be sharing it with my friends as well. Good luck!

fake edit: getting word out to journalists is what can really clench this thing for you, so if there's anything we can do to help bump up your Google footprint, it might be worth looking into. Blog stuff tends to get high priority with the Google crawler, so I don't know if writing some blog posts might help. Just an idea.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

We are looking into anything and everything!

also here is the image for our SA banner

tehsid
Dec 24, 2007

Nobility is sadly overrated.

Good luck goons. I've just kicked in $100. Best of luck to the whole team at Badland Studios.

tehsid fucked around with this message at May 1, 2012 around 03:35

speng31b
May 8, 2010

One tiny thing I'd recommend is that you edit the KickStarter into the top of your Indie DB entry. Your IndieDB is the first Google search result for "Kinetic Void," people who click that link shouldn't have to scroll down to get to your KickStarter. It should be right there.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

octoroon posted:

One tiny thing I'd recommend is that you edit the KickStarter into the top of your Indie DB entry. Your IndieDB is the first Google search result for "Kinetic Void," people who click that link shouldn't have to scroll down to get to your KickStarter. It should be right there.

Thanks Ill do that right now!

e: and done.

LumberingTroll fucked around with this message at May 1, 2012 around 04:08

The_Censorship_Nazi
Jan 1, 2008
Banned in over 52 nations since 1946!

Well, glad to see the Kickstarter up and running! From what I've seen this should be quite a fun game. I put in $20 on this one - looking forward to the results!

Best of luck hitting that $60k goal. I'll be sure to point some peeps that way.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

Thanks a lot to all of you! This has been very encouraging, in less than 6 hours, we have raised almost $1100! I consider that a great thing, especially when the time we listed is accounted for, and the fact that we are relatively unknown.

As an example of how awesome the community is here at Somethingawful check out this image from our Kickstarters dashboard

68.54% of our pledges already, are from SA! Pretty drat amazing really!

dihaploidy
Oct 31, 2010

You've got my and I'll try to send some friends your way too. Hope it goes well for you guys!

Kaninrail
Dec 9, 2007

The most dreaded of all hobos are the squeegee-wielders. Run them over.

As promised, my dollars are yours. Well, fifty of them, anyways. I'll do what I can to get some friends to back this as well. Good luck!

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

I believe... this are truly something awful.

The old thread is pretty cool to see development progress and it's been going on since February. I can say Lumbering Troll is REALLY dedicated about this project.

JamieTheD
Nov 4, 2011

LPer, Reviewer, Mad Welshman

(Yes, that's a self portrait)

While I'm too poor to donate much, I'll see what I can do this Friday. Also, how coincidental, I'm a goon games journo. I'll check out the demo when I've got a spare moment, I'll keep an eye on the thread, and you can get in touch in my official capacity at jamietd@game-boyz.com

Treytor
Feb 8, 2003

Enjoy, uh... refreshing time!

Backing this, looks really interesting. Good luck!

Alan Smithee
Jan 3, 2005
"Sunset found her squatting in the grass, groaning. Every stool was looser than the one before, and smelled fouler.

By the time the moon came up she was shitting brown water. The more she drank, the more she shat, but the more she shat, the thirstier she grew."

by GRRM;
the American Tolkien.

Not sure if this is my type of game but best wishes good sir

Tres Burritos
Sep 3, 2009

Donated my $50. gently caress yes spaceships.

Bat Ham
Apr 22, 2008

Bat Nan

Just donated. It's pretty ambitious, just what you've already got planned, but it's also the game I've been asking for for years.

Is modding going to be difficult? Having the odd mod or ability to import my own ship modules seem like good features for a game with a scope as big as this.

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

Don't get your pen, son, you won't be needing that. My order's simple, a shitload of dim sims. And I want a bucket of soya sauce.

I'll throw some of my hard earned dollars your way as soon as I get paid. This is exactly the game I've been waiting for since I played Frontier: Elite 2 on my Amiga all those years ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

Kicked in some money. Good luck!

Bat Ham posted:

Just donated. It's pretty ambitious, just what you've already got planned, but it's also the game I've been asking for for years.

Is modding going to be difficult? Having the odd mod or ability to import my own ship modules seem like good features for a game with a scope as big as this.

LT has said that he at least wants a mod SDK to be a stretch goal. And in general the features that make a game easy to mod also make it easier to develop, so I'm hoping that at least the ability to easily add new parts will be there on release - it's done wonders for KSP, which is using the same engine, so it's at least possible.

LT would be able to give you an actual answer as opposed to wild speculation, though.

«19 »