Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

SOON :stare:

Nice, that Niemi auto is a case hit, so a pretty good box of S2. If you got the patch too (1-2 case) that is a great box :toot:

Who did you get for the Canvases? If you got any retired players, those can be quite valuable too.

Oh also if you are looking for Miele, you can buy his Panini Elite rookie auto (hard signed) for ~$6. I'd pick it up that way, it will save you the disappointment of buying that product. Also his first hard-signed autos, the H&P and SPGU versions are sticker autos.

Last, there are a few redemption cards floating around for the Passing the Torch Shane Doan/Andy Miele dual autograph out there that can probably be had fairly cheap ($20-$30). But it is a redemption and who knows when it will be in/if they ship it to Sweden

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ashekaban
Aug 30, 2011
My card guys at the expo this weekend. and buying me 2 boxes of product (So i get two redemptions from the show), but i do get to open two fresh boxes he is bringing back, (And selling me anything lehtonen that comes through as a hit). one of my redemptions is a 1/3 something, and a 1/1 something. So im kind of excited to see what exactly i got. I wanted it to be a surprise, but he told me what to expect.

He is interested in the 1/3 whatever it is.

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

Ashekaban posted:

My card guys at the expo this weekend. and buying me 2 boxes of product (So i get two redemptions from the show), but i do get to open two fresh boxes he is bringing back, (And selling me anything lehtonen that comes through as a hit). one of my redemptions is a 1/3 something, and a 1/1 something. So im kind of excited to see what exactly i got. I wanted it to be a surprise, but he told me what to expect.

He is interested in the 1/3 whatever it is.

ITG is always good about putting low numbered and oddball numbered (1 of 9, 1 of 3) stuff in their product. I get the feeling this weekend we are going to see something numbered to 5 of less :)

Maybe not from ITG, but from something.

Rutkowski
Apr 28, 2008

CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS GUY?

darkwolf220 posted:

Nice, that Niemi auto is a case hit, so a pretty good box of S2. If you got the patch too (1-2 case) that is a great box :toot:

Who did you get for the Canvases? If you got any retired players, those can be quite valuable too.
At least two patches(Krüger and Carter and maybe one or two more) + the Niemi, yeah. On top of that I got a couple of Canvas, including Crosby, and two retired players(will check when I've finished this bloodbowl game).

But yeah, I'm pretty happy with the box.

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

Rutkowski posted:

At least two patches(Krüger and Carter and maybe one or two more) + the Niemi, yeah. On top of that I got a couple of Canvas, including Crosby, and two retired players(will check when I've finished this bloodbowl game).

But yeah, I'm pretty happy with the box.

Yeah that sounds like a pretty nutty box then. Post pics :)

Here is what I hit last night:

Reimer masked marvels prime /25, Fabric of the Game Carey Price /99 and Andrei Markov gold /25. Not too bad

While at Target today I noticed Topps had put out an US Olympics set. I thought I'd grab a pack just to see what it is all about. Plus a portion of the sales support the US Olympic team so why not. So yeah, 1 pack out of a retail box from Target...

Holy gently caress. Sue Bird (I actually know who this is too) jumbo American Flag patch. 1 in 4 retail box pull, so not as rare as I had thought when I opened it, but still :stare:

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

I got that same Sue Bird card at my Target :psyduck:

They also had 08-09 BAP blasters for $12. I picked one up and got a Jay Bouwmeester auto.

Boinks fucked around with this message at 23:13 on May 5, 2012

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

HOLY poo poo. I'm going to target!

My Jeff Carter City Lights Auto redemption /100 came in today. Not even a month after redeeming it. Now if only my Green that I put in a month ago or the Brassard I put in 5 months ago would arrive.

Rutkowski
Apr 28, 2008

Alright, I got in my Upper Deck Series 2 box:

Leland Irving, Young Guns
Marcus Krüger, Rookie Materials patch(plain red)
Stan Mikita, Hockey Heroes
Jeff Carter, Game Jersey patch(plain white with some stitching at the very edge of it)
Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, MVP Rookie Auto
Tomas Fleischmann, MVP Auto
Mattias Tedenby, UD Canvas
Carl Hagelin, Young Guns
Brad Park, Hockey Heroes
Sidney Crosby, UD Canvas
Simon Despres, Young Guns UD Canvas
Antti Niemi, Sticker Auto 67/99
Colton Orr, UD Canvas
Alexander Burmistrov, UD Canvas

So yeah the retired players weren't canvassed as I thought but meh I'm pretty happy with this loot even though it was "only" one numbered hit.

Sharp_angus
Aug 10, 2005

I just love the game. I can't get enough of hackey!

Rutkowski posted:

Alright, I got in my Upper Deck Series 2 box:

Leland Irving, Young Guns
Marcus Krüger, Rookie Materials patch(plain red)
Stan Mikita, Hockey Heroes
Jeff Carter, Game Jersey patch(plain white with some stitching at the very edge of it)
Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, MVP Rookie Auto
Tomas Fleischmann, MVP Auto
Mattias Tedenby, UD Canvas
Carl Hagelin, Young Guns
Brad Park, Hockey Heroes
Sidney Crosby, UD Canvas
Simon Despres, Young Guns UD Canvas
Antti Niemi, Sticker Auto 67/99
Colton Orr, UD Canvas
Alexander Burmistrov, UD Canvas

So yeah the retired players weren't canvassed as I thought but meh I'm pretty happy with this loot even though it was "only" one numbered hit.

How does the Nuge auto look?

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

Sharp_angus posted:

How does the Nuge auto look?
'

(actually gold colored foil, not black)

All MVP cards have foil autos stamped on them, so it isn't quite the same as a hand autographed card. None the less the RNH is by far the most desired and valuable of the MVP rookies and MVP rookies are 1 per box, so it is pretty awesome.

You made out really well in that box. Case hit of the autograph, one of the top Young Guns of Carl Hagelin, Crosby canvas is great, Young Guns Canvas are like 5 per case.

Nice box, lets hope your luck carries over to tomorrow :)

Surmy
May 25, 2010

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
Going to try to start cutting back on general card spending and start setting some aside. Based on the talk of the spring expo I have determined that I have to make it out to the fall expo.

Sharp_angus
Aug 10, 2005

I just love the game. I can't get enough of hackey!

Surmy posted:

Going to try to start cutting back on general card spending and start setting some aside. Based on the talk of the spring expo I have determined that I have to make it out to the fall expo.

Go on... :munch:

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

Fall expo is going to be a fun time and you will certainly find some cool singles and stuff to buy. Just keep in mind if you are going to be buying boxes, you will probably pay full blown retail there.

Also, reminder: 7:30 PM tonight! http://www.blogtv.com/people/darkwolf220

darkwolf220 fucked around with this message at 18:52 on May 6, 2012

Surmy
May 25, 2010

darkwolf220 posted:

Fall expo is going to be a fun time and you will certainly find some cool singles and stuff to buy. Just keep in mind if you are going to be buying boxes, you will probably pay full blown retail there.

Also, reminder: 7:30 PM tonight! http://www.blogtv.com/people/darkwolf220

I pay above retail at my local shop, still going to be an improvement as sad as it is. I'd mainly be going for single hunting, and just to experience it though

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
As someone who's done the expo as both an attendant (many times) and dealer (twice) It certainly is an awesome experience.

Make sure you bring enough cash, you'll find TONS of bargains and good deals. You'll also see high dollar pieces (cards, memorabilia) that will make your jaw drop.

Ashekaban
Aug 30, 2011

Surmy posted:

I pay above retail at my local shop, still going to be an improvement as sad as it is. I'd mainly be going for single hunting, and just to experience it though

One guy here is all like 30 over retail, the guy I have whose never in matches pricing I find online on canadacardworld. Then our other "sports store" does nothing but magic and yugioh cards.

Surmy did you find me sweet lehtonen cards yet?

Surmy
May 25, 2010

Ashekaban posted:

One guy here is all like 30 over retail, the guy I have whose never in matches pricing I find online on canadacardworld. Then our other "sports store" does nothing but magic and yugioh cards.

Surmy did you find me sweet lehtonen cards yet?

Didint go by the card shop. Hopefully this week I will.

Also, I need to debate how much to set aside to bring to the expo. I don't want to go broke, but I do want to buy some fun stuff.

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?

Surmy posted:

Also, I need to debate how much to set aside to bring to the expo. I don't want to go broke, but I do want to buy some fun stuff.

You can find some higher price bargain cards too. Last time I was there, in spring of 2009, my brother spent $50 for a hard-signed Malkin auto for UD Ultimate Collection. I got a Schremp press-plate auto for $20. It's one of those places where you have to do a quick sweep to compare prices and only pick up the big stuff if you've been looking forever. You just have to be prepared that EVERY card you've ever been looking for is going to be there.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Surmy posted:

Go the first day, and last day.

On the first day, you can quickly sweep around for all the best deals, and all the things you're specifically looking for. On the last day, you can get things super cheap since lots of guys would rather sell something for cheap than have to drag it home.

Ashekaban
Aug 30, 2011
Got a 1/3 Halak Redemption jersey (boo only jersey)
And a 1/1 Annti Niemi 3 color Swatch.

Opened one box of BTP so far,

Got a Bryz 2 color Prime(orange White)
Glen Hanlon Auto(canucks)
and Louis Domingue auto(ramparts)
other random OHL goalie jersey

pretty stoked on the box, the die cuts look nice.

lloyol
Jun 23, 2005

NARFZ

AsInHowe posted:

$20 plus shipping.

Well, I had no luck on my auctions, so if you're still unloading a Scheifele RC, let me know, and any site that you own that has your inventory for a possible bundle of Jets stuff.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

lloyol posted:

Well, I had no luck on my auctions, so if you're still unloading a Scheifele RC, let me know, and any site that you own that has your inventory for a possible bundle of Jets stuff.

I'm still trying to move that Crown Royale, and my major list is coming up another day. Today was too busy. Email me at gordie dot fall at gmail dot com to arrange shipping.

Surmy
May 25, 2010

Just found a Burmistrov collection up for sale, including a dozen 1/1s.... He wants 3500$.....

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

Surmy posted:

Just found a Burmistrov collection up for sale, including a dozen 1/1s.... He wants 3500$.....

It is a nice collection and really not /too/ over priced. I am just not sure Burmi is going to be worth the investment. But really, all those auto plates are worth 75-150 each, so like I said, not too far off.

Surmy
May 25, 2010

darkwolf220 posted:

It is a nice collection and really not /too/ over priced. I am just not sure Burmi is going to be worth the investment. But really, all those auto plates are worth 75-150 each, so like I said, not too far off.

Yeah, maybe i'm cheap, but investing 3500-4000$ on my favorite player seems insane :\
Also, assuming you saw it on the same site as me (CnC) are there any other good hockey forums? I still think they're quasi jerks for what happens to Eric's breaks, but on the forum itself they've seemed decent

Philouza
Jul 20, 2005
My shop just got SPx in. It's usually a fav of mine, it supposed to be any good this year?

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?

Surmy posted:

Yeah, maybe i'm cheap, but investing 3500-4000$ on my favorite player seems insane :\
Also, assuming you saw it on the same site as me (CnC) are there any other good hockey forums? I still think they're quasi jerks for what happens to Eric's breaks, but on the forum itself they've seemed decent

I never understood why people did this. Realistically, what are the odds he's going to sell the entire collection? It would make much more sense to piece it out.

Of course maybe it's some guy whose wife/girlfriend wants him to sell it and he's just not trying very hard.

Surmy
May 25, 2010

Philouza posted:

My shop just got SPx in. It's usually a fav of mine, it supposed to be any good this year?

Anyone got a checklist for this by chance?

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Surmy posted:

Anyone got a checklist for this by chance?

No one has a checklist for this anywhere, because UD is incompetent.

Also, don't buy loose packs of SPX! Because UD is incompetent.

Surmy
May 25, 2010

AsInHowe posted:

No one has a checklist for this anywhere, because UD is incompetent.

Also, don't buy loose packs of SPX! Because UD is incompetent.

Supprise!

Got in on a case break for ITG Captains, got a super late pick and went capitals, got absolutely nothing. Not even a base card

Gunjin
Apr 27, 2004

Om nom nom
What up with loose packs, is there a way to reliably pick out the hits from SPX?

Sucks about your lack of Capitals hits, seems they manage to dissapoint fans and nonfans alike.

Surmy
May 25, 2010

http://www.sportscardradio.com/index.php/product-previews-a-reviews/1142-2011-12-upper-deck-spx-hockey-checklist

Very partial checklist up.

Ashekaban
Aug 30, 2011

Was just coming to post this! it looks very..meh to me from whats up there so far.

gently caress SPX.

Surmy
May 25, 2010

Ashekaban posted:

Was just coming to post this! it looks very..meh to me from whats up there so far.

gently caress SPX.

Eh, looks better than the last few releases in elite and SP

Ashekaban
Aug 30, 2011

Surmy posted:

Eh, looks better than the last few releases in elite and SP

gently caress elite so hard.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Gunjin posted:

What up with loose packs, is there a way to reliably pick out the hits from SPX?

Sucks about your lack of Capitals hits, seems they manage to dissapoint fans and nonfans alike.

Upper Deck, in their infinite wisdom, has apparently placed all the hits directly on top of the box.

Also, one guy pulled a Finite Miele card from a box, in case anyone wants it.

Rutkowski
Apr 28, 2008

AsInHowe posted:

Upper Deck, in their infinite wisdom, has apparently placed all the hits directly on top of the box.

How much?

Gunjin
Apr 27, 2004

Om nom nom

AsInHowe posted:

You're making GBS threads me, that's asinine.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
Can Upper Deck go bankrupt and let Panini buy the leftover cutup jerseys and sticker autos please?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Rutkowski posted:

How much?

It'll probably be a couple bucks. $3 shipped.

Gunjin posted:

You're making GBS threads me, that's asinine.

It IS asinine. Last year's SPX had all the hits in certain spots on the box, so we made sure to shuffle all the packs from open boxes. This year, instead of making it challenging, everything was right on top.

Also, the reason why that checklist is patchy is that whomever on that site is hand-researching it from eBay and case crackers. Because UD isn't ready with a checklist.

ElwoodCuse posted:

Can Upper Deck go bankrupt and let Panini buy the leftover cutup jerseys and sticker autos please?

They possibly are. Rumors are surfacing that the NHL will give UD's license to Topps, putting Topps back in the hockey card market.

• Locked thread