Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ashekaban
Aug 30, 2011
we random, plan to go til shyduck shows up. shyduck picks second, is late.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

SOON :stare:

Thanks for the great break tonight guys. Here are the best hits of the break!

Hickey prime /50, Delveccio /99, Raantta YG Canvas, Schwartz autographics, Grabner Prizm rainbow auto /20. Backes MVP Prosign auto, Jurco Dominion auto/patch /199, Taylor, Williams, Clifford royal lineage prime /50 and H Lindholm Dominion patch/auto redemption /199

Packages should go out monday or tuesday. Look for a new break to be posted the first week or so of September, scheduled to be on the last weekend of September!

Nitramster
Mar 10, 2006
THERE'S NO TIME!!!
I was pretty concerned about how I was going to feel after it was all said and done. Did I get my moneys worth? Yes, yes I feel I did and more, can't wait to get them in the mail! I wasn't sure what team to pick as my second choice but the Devils came through.

Thanks for putting it together on the cheap side for the noobs. I'll definitely be in for more expensive breaks, and your next one for sure. I've become obsessed with all things hockey and with the season not too far off I'm getting hyped.

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?
Sorry I couldn't make it tonight. Hope everyone had fun. What teams did I end up with if it isn't too much trouble?

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

Schremp Howard posted:

Sorry I couldn't make it tonight. Hope everyone had fun. What teams did I end up with if it isn't too much trouble?

You got picks 1 and 3, ended up with Pittsburgh, Colorado, Arizona and uh uh uh.... Carolina? Not sure on that last one. I know that you got a ton of not-MacKinnon Colorado rookies, a David Rundblad auto. I get the feeling there was something else too, but I can not think of it off the top of my head. When I sort stuff I will have a list for you.

Oh year, just remembered, a Tyson Barrie crown royale auto.

Eating the Pudding
Apr 28, 2009

Fun break!

I also got a OPC blank back tarasenko for <$5 shipped! I know Dark's with me on the blank back appreciation.

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

Eating the Pudding posted:

Fun break!

I also got a OPC blank back tarasenko for <$5 shipped! I know Dark's with me on the blank back appreciation.

What the hell, amazing steal imo. I think I paid $10 for my OEL and it is not even rookie year.

anotherblownsave
Feb 26, 2008

The sponsors will like you better this way, trust me.

Darkwolf, are all the crown base cards (if there are any) die cut? If so what can I do to get you to include those in my package? Love those cards

Darius099
Dec 18, 2005

Ogion went on a halfmile or so, and said at last, 'To hear, one must be silent'.
I do not have words for how jealous I am and how much I wish I had been in the break. An amazing Jurco patch AND Delveccio?

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

Darius099 posted:

I do not have words for how jealous I am and how much I wish I had been in the break. An amazing Jurco patch AND Delveccio?

And a rookie jersey auto of Xavier Oulett (Professor X) that did not make the cut ;)

And abs, they are yours

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

All of the packages went out today! :toot: You guys should see them in 1-10 days depending on your locale.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
Happy National Treasures day!!

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

sba posted:

Happy National Treasures day!!

Haha check out the price of any Avalanche break for this set. No wonder, since it's packed with crazy MacKinnon stuff.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
I did a rainbow thing:

Quite proud of this one...I'm going to miss Panini

Base

Platinum Red /100

Platinum Blue /50

Platinum Gold /25

Platinum Emerald /5

Mirror Platinum Purple (wrapper redemption) /35

Mirror Platinum Red /25

Mirror Platinum Blue /10

Mirror Platinum Gold /5

aaaaand....

Mirror Platinum Emerald 1/1

Nitramster
Mar 10, 2006
THERE'S NO TIME!!!
Are they doing that for every base card in the set?

I'm pretty new to the game here but that seems like overkill, and covering up a lack of ideas.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

Nitramster posted:

I'm pretty new to the game here but that seems like overkill, and covering up a lack of ideas.

Companies have been doing this forever.

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

Nitramster posted:

Yup, every card, but at least the /5 base parallels do not count for their case numbers. (Explanation: Every case of Totally Certified is guaranteed to have at least 1 card numbered to 5 or less. Base/rookie parallels do not count for this, so the /5 card will always be a mem or auto). In our 2 cases, we got a Boone Jenner auto /5 and a Mikhail Grigerenko patch /5. Quantrill got them both :argh: . So yeah, it is fluff, but it is kinda bonus fluff, all they really replaced with them is some other parallel. It makes it fun for collectors to get all the variations.

Also, of note, Totally Certified (and Certified for that matter) has parallels as it's hallmark. Most sets have 2, maybe 3 parallels (/100, /10, /1). No set is as parallel heavy as TC where the only difference is color. I think the closest Upper Deck product that does that is Artifacts or Black Diamond, but still not to that extent.

anotherblownsave
Feb 26, 2008

Got my cards today Darkwolf! That hickey card is the balls

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Got my cards :toot:

Turns out that Andrew Shaw card I got is a stick card. A first for me!

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

shyduck posted:

Got my cards :toot:

Turns out that Andrew Shaw card I got is a stick card. A first for me!

Really, a stick? It felt like rubber. Oh well, we got 3 stick cards then :toot:

Quantrill
Nov 18, 2005

My cards came yesterday. Thanks Dark for all the extra cards because man, it was not a great break for me.

Ashekaban
Aug 30, 2011

Quantrill posted:

My cards came yesterday. Thanks Dark for all the extra cards because man, it was not a great break for me.

join the club. eek

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

You win some, you lose some. Unless you are Surmy, then you lose some and you lose some :(

Surmy
May 25, 2010

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!

darkwolf220 posted:

You win some, you lose some. Unless you are Surmy, then you lose some and you lose some :(

And you lose more. The only time you don't lose is when you buy the entire box.

I think I have the worst luck of our group breakers here...

Nitramster
Mar 10, 2006
THERE'S NO TIME!!!
Got mine too!

I'm terrible at panning my phone for panoramic photos:

The cool cards:

Sliu Mutl?

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
I got this snappy looking card on the way to me.

anotherblownsave
Feb 26, 2008

sba posted:

I got this snappy looking card on the way to me.

Wow! I've never even seen a card like that. Congrats!

Ashekaban
Aug 30, 2011
Looks pretty.
Someone buy me a case of national treasures. Seriously. I'd like easy money.

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

I'd /love/ to put a box of NT in a break. Unfortunately, even if I could get my hands on a box (I can't), I don't think the $500 price tag would sit well with most.

In other news, I got in one (and probably only I can afford) NT break yesterday! :toot: It was a team random :ohdear: but the Coyotes and Sens were dropped! I got.... Columbus :smithicide: Go go $68 Sean Collins printing plate? :suicide:

Ashekaban
Aug 30, 2011

darkwolf220 posted:

I'd /love/ to put a box of NT in a break. Unfortunately, even if I could get my hands on a box (I can't), I don't think the $500 price tag would sit well with most.

In other news, I got in one (and probably only I can afford) NT break yesterday! :toot: It was a team random :ohdear: but the Coyotes and Sens were dropped! I got.... Columbus :smithicide: Go go $68 Sean Collins printing plate? :suicide:

its okay, a mackinnon /99 went for 3500$ as a buy it now.
gently caress me.

anotherblownsave
Feb 26, 2008

Ashekaban posted:

gently caress me.

Jesus Christ :stare:

Ashekaban
Aug 30, 2011
Oh sorry, highest is now 9800.
his /5 tag still sold for 3000

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?
I got my cards today! I didn't have a home run in there, but I got a very solid selection. It is my only regret that Rundblad got traded to Chicago.

In news only I will care about, Rob Schremp has a stick card in this year's (well, last year's) KHL set. Pretty big piece, numbered out of 50, that's the only card in the set. Someone from Latvia has had one up for $39.99 starting on ebay, I'm hoping that it'll get broken enough that another more reasonable one shows up.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

Ashekaban posted:

gently caress me.

don't sleep on these RPA's long term, if the wax keeps drying up these might be more desirable than Cup RPAs

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

sba posted:

don't sleep on these RPA's long term, if the wax keeps drying up these might be more desirable than Cup RPAs

On a scale of 1 "I loving robbed this guy" to 10 "I just took another mortgage out on my house :( " How much did that Flynn /3 run you?

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Did the NHLPA make an exception for the Cup to come out this late or is this just what UD does now?

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

darkwolf220 posted:

On a scale of 1 "I loving robbed this guy" to 10 "I just took another mortgage out on my house :( " How much did that Flynn /3 run you?

4-6

The guy was actually pretty easy to deal with, but I probably overpaid a little, he did throw in expedited shipping, which from Canada probably cost him like $20-25

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

Wow, just watched someone trade Toronto and Montreal for Columbus and Minnesota :stare:

anotherblownsave
Feb 26, 2008

darkwolf220 posted:

Wow, just watched someone trade Toronto and Montreal for Columbus and Minnesota :stare:

Why?!?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

idk but it did not work out well.... Galchenyuk FWA, Random Leafs Select rookie gold /10 and Silhouette prime of Jamie Devane . I'm not sure that CBJ or MIN hit at all.

In other news, expect a new break to go up Tuesday, after my supplier ends their Labor Day promotional pricing. We like Prime, right?

• Locked thread