Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gina like vagina
May 8, 2007

"Tears of the Mariners."

I think I read a review of that. Thought it was one of those baseball stories like "Pride of the Yankees", you know? But it's just about some crabby old sailors, stuck in this little town.

darkwolf220 posted:

Cards came in today. I wanna open them! ....But I will wait :sigh:

Look like a fun lazy Saturday/Sunday to me! Can't wait.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy

darkwolf220 posted:

Cards came in today. I wanna open them! ....But I will wait :sigh:

Good thing I saw this update as I was thinking it was next Saturday for some reason and was going to switch shifts with someone on Saturday.

Gina like vagina
May 8, 2007

"Tears of the Mariners."

I think I read a review of that. Thought it was one of those baseball stories like "Pride of the Yankees", you know? But it's just about some crabby old sailors, stuck in this little town.
:siren: Hockey break today, hockey cards today! :siren:

Just to make sure I don't miss it, I need to back home by midday AEST right?

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

SOON :stare:

Krigen posted:

:siren: Hockey break today, hockey cards today! :siren:

Just to make sure I don't miss it, I need to back home by midday AEST right?

If my math is correct, yes, noon AEST. 8 Hours from now, 7PM PST, so excite, wow! See everyone then!

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
turns out I have to work tonight :negative:

should I pm you a list of who I'd want to pick, although to be honest the short list is picking edmonton first if there they're there and then one of isles or cats and then just random anyone else :shobon: e: doesn't work on my phone at all, actually

fits fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Aug 15, 2015

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I'm not gonna be able to make it, have an old military friend who swing by tonight. Pick wisely for me though!

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

Wow, going to be a pretty empty house :( I will choose valiant for you and I am going to record this and put it on youtube, hooray!

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?
I'm leaving work now and should be online in about 20 minutes

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
how did it go :ohdear:

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

fits posted:

how did it go :ohdear:

Among other things, you got a RNH auto /25 and a Tavares jersey/auto /25. In the same box. Krigen's 1/1 Galligher beats you though :haw: .

Scans incoming, youtube tomorrow.

e: Top 9 cards imo:

ee: fits got Edmonton, NYI and Winnipeg, Shyduck got Philly, LA and Ottawa. The RNH is a Prizm parallel /25, the MAF is a gold parallel /10 (I think)

darkwolf220 fucked around with this message at 07:49 on Aug 16, 2015

Gunjin
Apr 27, 2004

Om nom nom
God drat that Burakovsky. Of course you get the good Capitals poo poo when I'm too broke to play.

anotherblownsave
Feb 26, 2008

The sponsors will like you better this way, trust me.

The one time I can't break and we finally hit Tavares :(

thompson
Jun 6, 2006
Well isn't that encouragement to get other ventures going so we can all afford breaking. Gotta get other incomes men.

anotherblownsave
Feb 26, 2008

The sponsors will like you better this way, trust me.

Oh this wasn't an income issue, this was a my serpentine belt snapped and tore up my power steering lines issue.

Ashekaban
Aug 30, 2011

anotherblownsave posted:

Oh this wasn't an income issue, this was a my serpentine belt snapped and tore up my power steering lines issue.

ride a bike bro, this way you dont have to worry about your transportation

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

Video is up: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjYyER3fpFc

I need to get better at showing all the cards to the 2nd camera but :effort:

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

Everything is packed up. Krigen, I had a spare screw down that is just the right size for that 1/1, so it should make it there inside its impenetrable fortress. That being said, tossing this up:

:siren: Sept Break :siren:

$55/spot, 10 OR 15 spots, 3 OR 2 teams. This is a modular break that can go with 10 or 15 breakers. If we make it to 15, more product will be added, see below.

1x 14-15 Fleer Showcase
1x 13-14 Ultimate
1x 13-14 Contenders
1x 13-14 Select
1x 13-14 Crown Royale
1x 12-13 Classic Signatures
1x 11-12 Contenders
1x 10-11 Pinnacle

If 15 spots, adding:
2x 14-15 Fleer Showcase
1x 13-14 Select

1: darkwolf220
2: SchrempHoward
3: Krigen
4: shyduck
5: Quantrill
6: BumikiIsFreaky
7: Surmy
8: Ashe
9:
10:
11:
12:
13:
14:
15:

1-10 are guaranteed a spot in the 10 man break, if you are in spots 11-14 and we fail to hit 15 in time, sorry, you're out of luck this time. That being said, this break is all value. Showcase yielded a RPA, a SP RPA and a 1/1, Contenders had 8 :stare: hits (they advertise 3) and we hit a /99 Seth Jones rookie auto from Ultimate, not to mention the 2 /25 autos that came out of Select.

Break is scheduled for Saturday, September 19th at 7 PM PST, payment is due no later than September 11th. Lets get this filled up right away so I don't have to have any sleepless nights :haw:

darkwolf220 fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Aug 17, 2015

Ashekaban
Aug 30, 2011

darkwolf220 posted:

Everything is packed up. Krigen, I had a spare screw down that is just the right size for that 1/1, so it should make it there inside its impenetrable fortress. That being said, tossing this up:

:siren: Sept Break :siren:

$55/spot, 10 OR 15 spots, 3 OR 2 teams. This is a modular break that can go with 10 or 15 breakers. If we make it to 15, more product will be added, see below.

1x 14-15 Fleer Showcase
1x 13-14 Ultimate
1x 13-14 Contenders
1x 13-14 Select
1x 13-14 Crown Royale
1x 12-13 Classic Signatures
1x 11-12 Contenders
1x 10-11 Pinnacle

If 15 spots, adding:
2x 14-15 Fleer Showcase
1x 13-14 Select

1: darkwolf220
2:
3:
4:
5:
6:
7:
8:
9:
10:
11:
12:
13:
14:
15:

1-10 are guaranteed a spot in the 10 man break, if you are in spots 11-14 and we fail to hit 15 in time, sorry, you're out of luck this time. That being said, this break is all value. Showcase yielded a RPA, a SP RPA and a 1/1, Contenders had 8 :stare: hits (they advertise 3) and we hit a /99 Seth Jones rookie auto from Ultimate, not to mention the 2 /25 autos that came out of Select.

Break is scheduled for Saturday, September 19th at 7 PM PST, payment is due no later than September 11th. Lets get this filled up right away so I don't have to have any sleepless nights :haw:

i might be down for my birthday break....

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

Ashekaban posted:

i might be down for my birthday break....

Let me know when you make up your mind :)

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?
In for one! Glad to see another so quickly.

Gina like vagina
May 8, 2007

"Tears of the Mariners."

darkwolf220 posted:

Thanks a bunch! Nothing of yours has ever arrived damaged and you do a great job packing stuff but thanks for extra security! Enjoy your new Coyotes patch too. :v:

Definitely in for one!

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

In for 1, and thanks for picking for me, Flyers and Sens are two favorites

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

Schremp Howard posted:

In for one! Glad to see another so quickly.

Going to try to get on a monthly schedule and be consistent, try to hit the sweet spot right around $50 except for special breaks (holiday, etc).

Krigen posted:

Thanks a bunch! Nothing of yours has ever arrived damaged and you do a great job packing stuff but thanks for extra security! Enjoy your new Coyotes patch too. :v:

Definitely in for one!

I've had that screw down forever, but everything I have ever wanted to put in it was 130 pt or thicker, so it was nice to see a normal sized card worthy of it. Thanks for the patch, I tossed some Nucks and Habs goodness into your package ;)

shyduck posted:

In for 1, and thanks for picking for me, Flyers and Sens are two favorites

I pay attention :)

Quantrill
Nov 18, 2005

i'm in for one

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy
I'm down, had a lot of fun in my first one and it will help fill some hockey related activities until the season starts.

Surmy
May 25, 2010

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
In for one, should be less broke by then.

Ashekaban
Aug 30, 2011
Gimme one tentatively!

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

Everything shipped today, thanks everyone.

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?
Got my cards today, you weren't kidding about how thick that Fleury jersey is.

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy
Got mine today, good got that Burakovsky card is nice. I love the color pattern on it. Looks like a middle wing from the shoulder patch.

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

BumikiIsFreaky posted:

Got mine today, good got that Burakovsky card is nice. I love the color pattern on it. Looks like a middle wing from the shoulder patch.

Agreed, shoulder patches make the best patches for a lot of teams. The Caps are def one of them. Calgary still has the best though :allears:

thompson
Jun 6, 2006
Hey guys. I'm selling much of my card collection save a choice few for a ring on my to be fiance's finger. A lot of it just lays around for me, so I really need to put it to good use as money, no matter how much, seems to be short when the student loans are around. It's been so much fun, but i'm pretty much retiring from the game to get smart financially and start the life that I want.

If you're interested in any of these, please let me know. Many of these have been good hits from our breaks. I'd love to send them to a better home than some ebay creeps.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/ericbledsoe12/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=

Anyways, let me know. They're all intentionally overlisted. There's also a lot that's not listed that I can go and look for. This is really going to be a process.

I'll come and just hang out the next break. I enjoy all of you.

Peace and love.

thompson fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Aug 27, 2015

Paulocaust
Jan 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Is there any interest in high end multi box/case breaks on here? Cup, the new Black Diamond, Premiere, Collection, etc...

Don't want to step on DW's toes but it looks like he's doing different product.

fake edit: That Perry patch is insane /\/\/\/\ if you're interested in trade I have a whole store full of product.

Ashekaban
Aug 30, 2011

Paulocaust posted:

Is there any interest in high end multi box/case breaks on here? Cup, the new Black Diamond, Premiere, Collection, etc...

Don't want to step on DW's toes but it looks like he's doing different product.

fake edit: That Perry patch is insane /\/\/\/\ if you're interested in trade I have a whole store full of product.

If upperdeck wasnt absolute garbage, i would be.
Unfortunately, Upperdeck is garbage.

Also, Still doing basketball, and gives up hockey, what the Christmas Thompson.

thompson
Jun 6, 2006

Ashekaban posted:

If upperdeck wasnt absolute garbage, i would be.
Unfortunately, Upperdeck is garbage.

Also, Still doing basketball, and gives up hockey, what the Christmas Thompson.

Not really. Pretty much giving up all of it minus a few important cards. It's just time.

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

Hey guys, a couple quick things.

First, I've gotten reports of someone not getting their package from last break. People in the US should have gotten it by now, Canada might have gotten it by now/will soon, Australia should get it within the next few days. Can you guys let me know if you got everything ok so I can determine if this is a random incident or something shady going on at my local post office?

In other news, I am going to be out of country from the 2nd to the 9th, maybe when I get back the break will be filled? :shobon:

Gina like vagina
May 8, 2007

"Tears of the Mariners."

Sucks to hear Dark, hope it's just a one off. I got mine here today which was awesome after an awful weekend. Packaged super awesome as always, though I'm STILL super jealous when I see your new address. ;)

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

Krigen posted:

Sucks to hear Dark, hope it's just a one off. I got mine here today which was awesome after an awful weekend. Packaged super awesome as always, though I'm STILL super jealous when I see your new address. ;)

I'm super jealous of your legit 1/1 (plates don't count :colbert: ) I've never opened one for myself, only bought a few on eBay. Hope this week is better than whatever was going on this weekend. I am off to Mexico Wednesday for a week :toot: ... with the inlaws :suicide: But they are paying for it so... yay? :confuoot:

Maybe sometime I can mail you some Seattle swag in exchange for some tasty treats ;)

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
Leaf signed Eichel to an exclusive auto deal, so no signed Eichel RC's in Upper Deck products.

Yikesssssssssss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ashekaban
Aug 30, 2011

sba posted:

Leaf signed Eichel to an exclusive auto deal, so no signed Eichel RC's in Upper Deck products.

Yikesssssssssss

Get bent Upper Deck. I hope Panini offers the moon for MacD. Paying 10 mil for an exclusive window on McD fucks Upperdeck a ton.

• Locked thread