Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rutkowski
Apr 28, 2008

CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS GUY?
My order of importance:

Andy Miele
Keith Tkachuk
Keith Yandle
Mike Smith, Phoenix Era
Mikkel Bödker
Oliver Ekman-Larsson
Teemu Selänne
Shane Doan
Stefan Liv
Phoenix cards in general

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rutkowski
Apr 28, 2008

AsInHowe posted:

What happened?

I was out all day, and saw none of it opened.
For example, Darkwolf didn't get a single real Phoenix hit. At all. He got two pararells and that's it.

Rutkowski
Apr 28, 2008

AsInHowe posted:

Does anyone here want the following:

10-11 Luxury Suite auto-patch RC - Oliver Ekman-Larsson

Yes, very much so. Anything in particular you look for as a trade?

Rutkowski
Apr 28, 2008

Alright, 17. You still got my shipping address?

Rutkowski fucked around with this message at 12:44 on May 3, 2012

Rutkowski
Apr 28, 2008

I added the adress to the paypal message I sent earlier today, I had your paypal since the first box break.

Rutkowski
Apr 28, 2008

Bought a box of Upper Deck Series 2 11-12 yesterday and got some stuff, most notably a Krüger rookie patch but also some other such as a black and colorless Carter patch(so a regular Carter then) and an Antti Niemi numbered sticker auto.

Rutkowski
Apr 28, 2008

Pretty sure I didn't, I'll check in a minute.

EDIT: Nope, no Orlov. Sorry. =/

Rutkowski
Apr 28, 2008

darkwolf220 posted:

Nice, that Niemi auto is a case hit, so a pretty good box of S2. If you got the patch too (1-2 case) that is a great box :toot:

Who did you get for the Canvases? If you got any retired players, those can be quite valuable too.
At least two patches(Krüger and Carter and maybe one or two more) + the Niemi, yeah. On top of that I got a couple of Canvas, including Crosby, and two retired players(will check when I've finished this bloodbowl game).

But yeah, I'm pretty happy with the box.

Rutkowski
Apr 28, 2008

Alright, I got in my Upper Deck Series 2 box:

Leland Irving, Young Guns
Marcus Krüger, Rookie Materials patch(plain red)
Stan Mikita, Hockey Heroes
Jeff Carter, Game Jersey patch(plain white with some stitching at the very edge of it)
Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, MVP Rookie Auto
Tomas Fleischmann, MVP Auto
Mattias Tedenby, UD Canvas
Carl Hagelin, Young Guns
Brad Park, Hockey Heroes
Sidney Crosby, UD Canvas
Simon Despres, Young Guns UD Canvas
Antti Niemi, Sticker Auto 67/99
Colton Orr, UD Canvas
Alexander Burmistrov, UD Canvas

So yeah the retired players weren't canvassed as I thought but meh I'm pretty happy with this loot even though it was "only" one numbered hit.

Rutkowski
Apr 28, 2008

AsInHowe posted:

Upper Deck, in their infinite wisdom, has apparently placed all the hits directly on top of the box.

Also, one guy pulled a Finite Miele card from a box, in case anyone wants it.
How much?

Rutkowski
Apr 28, 2008

AsInHowe posted:

It'll probably be a couple bucks. $3 shipped.
Did you send out the other card already or could I combine them?

And was that 3 bucks total or just the shipping?

Rutkowski
Apr 28, 2008

AsInHowe posted:

I packaged the other card up, but it might not have gone out yet. It will be $3 for the card, total.
Money sent.

Rutkowski
Apr 28, 2008

AsInHowe posted:

Rutkowski, your two Coyotes cards went out today.

A shipping number is in your email.

Yay thanks!

Rutkowski
Apr 28, 2008

Recieved my John Turner & Co boxbreak package from Darkwolf as well as my Andy Miele and OEL package from Gordie. Man, that OEL patch is as obvious when I stack the cards as it could be.

Rutkowski
Apr 28, 2008

Ashekaban posted:

Got Rut's package today for the Smith trade.
Also, Super stoked on the burnable sedin card!
Hope you liked them. Had a bunch of those MVP autos around of players I don't particularly liked so I figured the RNH auto could get some friends to tag along.

Rutkowski
Apr 28, 2008

darkwolf220 posted:

Oh and Rutkowski, that Fasth goaltender you have a :awesome: for will have rookie cards next year as he signed his first NHL contract and will no doubt be suiting up for a few games.
Thing is, I hate the team he used to play for and I hate that he almost single-handedly knocked my team out of the playoffs last year.

I do appreciate his skill though.

Rutkowski
Apr 28, 2008

Gonna be a while before I can partake in another break, our economy is gonna be tight this semester and not only am I going to be forced to sell off some non-Yote cards(because I'm not getting rid of these Yotes) but we're gonna have live-ins for a while.

The good news is that they're finns and I've already asked; they love hockey. ^^

Rutkowski
Apr 28, 2008

Oh god drat I'd murder for that Phoenix card.

Rutkowski
Apr 28, 2008

Don't need the patch but yeah, gonna scour eBay for a while for that jersey version.

Rutkowski
Apr 28, 2008

Man I'd love that Tretiak pad.

Rutkowski
Apr 28, 2008

Jesus Christ that's one price hike. No more shopping from the US, it looks like. :( Used to be such a great bargain too with the dollar being worth poo poo and all.

That's right, I'm a foreigner preying on a country while they're down. >=(

Rutkowski
Apr 28, 2008

Hahaha Jesus Christ that's some lazy card creation.

Rutkowski
Apr 28, 2008

darkwolf220 posted:

Rutkowski, who did you piss off to earn that pony.

My kids love the show so I watch it with them and it's pretty drat funny. :colbert:

EDIT: And furries can go hang themselves.

Rutkowski fucked around with this message at 09:43 on Mar 1, 2013

Rutkowski
Apr 28, 2008

Man that Miele card is nice despite being a /999.

Rutkowski
Apr 28, 2008

Quantrill posted:

You interested?
I've sworn off cards for at least until the end of summer, budget isn't nice to me and shipping even single cards across the atlantic is more money than it's worth.

Rutkowski
Apr 28, 2008

Gonna post it here too since this is more of a hockey collection thread in general(and it's where Darkwolf posted his tabletopchat):

Me and my wife's bonus dad bought my son a table hockey game today as an early birthday gift. We've been playing it all day and it went over really well but there's a few issues:

1. The teams are Sweden vs. Finland.
Fix: Bought NewJets and Coyote teams online.

2. The numbers are really bad. Seriously, look at this:
Granlund(64)-S.Koivu(9)-Lehtinen(26)
Lydman(5)-Rautakallio(4)
Niemi(31)

Nylander(92)-Forsberg(21)-Sundin(13)
Lidström(5)-Öhlund(2)
Salo(30)

I mean Sweden have three legendary players, one goaltender that helped bring in the first Olympic gold to Sweden but Nylander and Öhlund? Not to mention, three centers?
Fix: New teams won't have this issue because their players aren't numbered.

3. New teams won't be numbered which makes it rather bland.
Fix: I have a friend who is into Warhammer Fantasy who have voluenteered to add some numbers to the players.

4. I have a hard time deciding on what numbers to use.
Fix: You guys can help me out!

These are my ideas so far:

Phoenix Coyotes:
Tkachuk(7)-Roenick(97)-Doan(19)
Yandle(3)-Numminen(27)
Burke(1)
My own consideration of their overall best players in those positions. Goaltender was the hardest, thinking of going with Smith and 41 because how far they went with him backstopping them but Burke have been a beast as a coach on top of posting good numbers as a goaltender on a mediocre to bad team.

Winnipeg Jets:
Kane(9)-Little(18)-Wheeler(26)
Enström(39)-Byfuglien(33)
Pavelec(31)
That's right, I'm gonna ignore their captain because he play at the same position as Kane and anyone who think Ladd is a better player than Kane can go gently caress themselves.

For a Jets troll team I could use these instead:

Kovalchuk(17)-Snyder(37)-Heatley(15)
Chelios(24)-Schneider(18)
Lehtonen(32)

Rutkowski
Apr 28, 2008

Because mini-jerseys have been discussed here before:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXiWh-yxpPg

Rutkowski
Apr 28, 2008

anotherblownsave posted:

Darkwolf, looks like you might be collecting KHL cards next season! Can we break some??

According to a Swedish newspaper, David Rundblad may head to the KHL per his agent.
He is a pending restricted free agent and has skated in just 38 career NHL contests over the past two seasons.

What newspaper?

Rutkowski
Apr 28, 2008

Shane Doan looks like he is going to get run over by a zamboni.

Rutkowski
Apr 28, 2008

Ashekaban posted:

Im doubting your commitment to sparklemotion Rutko. Why have you not been in a sweet break with us for awhile? you can have the coytoes first overall.
Lack of dollars. I know it's been a year since the last break but to join one and to add the shipping on top of that is rather expensive from here, especially since I've only gotten something good once and that was in the first break(darkwolf has been awesome in adding stuff though!).

Maybe later, I just don't want to pay 70 bucks for base stuff and a /799 sticker auto.

Rutkowski
Apr 28, 2008

darkwolf220 posted:

Hey now, it is not $70. It is more like $50. Don't worry about shipping, since the postage rate increase it is as expensive to ship to Canada as Sweden.

In unrelated news, I am going to DragonCon this year. John DeLancie is going to be there. What I am telling you is if the line isn't around the block (and probably if it is anyways) you will have a Discord auto coming your way ;)
That'd be awesome.

And I'm in no way blaming the shipping costs on you, I blame God who had the stupid idea to put a huge loving ocean between Ireland and Newfoundland. >=(

EDIT: Oh yeah, another thing that keeps stealing my money is my son. He turned four recently and have a growing interest in LEGO and starships and space and I want to encourage both so yeah, ordered this baby earlier today.

http://lego.wikia.com/wiki/6973_Deep_Freeze_Defender

Rutkowski fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Aug 2, 2013

Rutkowski
Apr 28, 2008

shyduck posted:

Holy poo poo, I had that and it was probably the best Christmas present ever.

I only owned the smaller Ice Planet 2002 stuff and really wanted this but my mom never wanted to give it to me and I'm not going to be that parent because it's a loving modular spaceship with an ICBM(or well, satellite rocket) and launch ramp for the small shuttle.

Next up is the Odyssey base and now you people understand why I don't have any money. Goddamn hobbies, err, I mean kids!

Rutkowski
Apr 28, 2008

darkwolf220 posted:

I used to collect legos. I have a number of Power Miners stuff. If you think your son would be interested in fantasy mining things (look them up) I will send a few kits over for shipping costs. I need to clean up anyway...
Do you mean this series?
http://lego.wikia.com/wiki/Power_Miners

Or this one?
http://lego.wikia.com/wiki/Rock_Raiders

Cause if so hell yeah he'd love it; he loves heavy machinery and stuff like that(duh, he is four) and would be extatic to get to build all that poo poo. Don't worry about the boxes or instructions if they're torn/worn, there's databases online for that.

thompson posted:

We are literally the biggest collection of collector dorks on SA I think. I also collected legos and micro machines.
Me and my wife collect blind bag MLP figurines so yeah we're lost causes.

I also, just now, finished an order for a custom minifig that I'm making. It's an Ork Shadowrunner. ;_;

Rutkowski
Apr 28, 2008

Custom minifig from a specialty store with two pieces of equipment, torso, legs, spiked armor, head and helmet goes for about 12 bucks plus another two in shipping.

Rutkowski
Apr 28, 2008

Okay, I can't pass on champs. Put me down for one.

Also, mail sent.

Rutkowski
Apr 28, 2008

I'm willing to split a spot if I get first pick of the two. Just sayin'.

Rutkowski
Apr 28, 2008

Aight. When it's time to send the money I'll push ya my account info and I'll send it all and you send your part.

If it's too messy for DW then you'll have to wait until the next break. ;)

Rutkowski
Apr 28, 2008

Darkwolf, I found two of the Rundblad cards you need. ;)

Rutkowski
Apr 28, 2008

I know, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rutkowski
Apr 28, 2008

What's the split for me and shyduck including postage?

• Locked thread