Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ashekaban
Aug 30, 2011
Excellent thread.

Might i also add i have a huge thing for Eric Wellwood cards, and Surmy collects Jaybo's.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ashekaban
Aug 30, 2011
I am jealous. Also I apologize to dark wolf for the picture I emailed him.

I know btp is giving away a redemption for each box opened at the show this weekend

Ashekaban
Aug 30, 2011
My card guys at the expo this weekend. and buying me 2 boxes of product (So i get two redemptions from the show), but i do get to open two fresh boxes he is bringing back, (And selling me anything lehtonen that comes through as a hit). one of my redemptions is a 1/3 something, and a 1/1 something. So im kind of excited to see what exactly i got. I wanted it to be a surprise, but he told me what to expect.

He is interested in the 1/3 whatever it is.

Ashekaban
Aug 30, 2011

Surmy posted:

I pay above retail at my local shop, still going to be an improvement as sad as it is. I'd mainly be going for single hunting, and just to experience it though

One guy here is all like 30 over retail, the guy I have whose never in matches pricing I find online on canadacardworld. Then our other "sports store" does nothing but magic and yugioh cards.

Surmy did you find me sweet lehtonen cards yet?

Ashekaban
Aug 30, 2011
Got a 1/3 Halak Redemption jersey (boo only jersey)
And a 1/1 Annti Niemi 3 color Swatch.

Opened one box of BTP so far,

Got a Bryz 2 color Prime(orange White)
Glen Hanlon Auto(canucks)
and Louis Domingue auto(ramparts)
other random OHL goalie jersey

pretty stoked on the box, the die cuts look nice.

Ashekaban
Aug 30, 2011

Was just coming to post this! it looks very..meh to me from whats up there so far.

gently caress SPX.

Ashekaban
Aug 30, 2011

Surmy posted:

Eh, looks better than the last few releases in elite and SP

gently caress elite so hard.

Ashekaban
Aug 30, 2011
The wild are trolling me. Picked up some packs of pinnacle. Backstrom patch /25 agh wild

Ashekaban
Aug 30, 2011
I might. Doing a garage sale today and selling grab bags of cards. 3 inserts or 1 mem card per pack. 5 bucks per 25 pack. I am getting rid of so many base and useless doubles.

Also just sold my Canucks starting six jersey card for 36 bucks. Woo

Ashekaban
Aug 30, 2011
For sure. I just did a quick look through of my junk pile for this sale. Disappeared for two hours came back and sold 15 packs

Ashekaban
Aug 30, 2011
So i have about 15 packs of my grab bags from my garage sale left.
25 or so cards per pack, (10/11pin11/12pin11-12blackdiamond/11-12certfied/otherstuff//10-11donruss/betweenthepipes)
I have no idea what is in them.
If anyone is interested in them, make me an offer and pay for shipping and they are yours.

Each pack contains 3 inserts/SP/rookie or 1 memo hit(i had 40 packs, and had 14 memos included..jerseys/autos).

I will even offer a special extra memo.

So you will be getting 350ish cards or more!

Ashekaban
Aug 30, 2011
Got Rut's package today for the Smith trade.
Also, Super stoked on the burnable sedin card!

Ashekaban
Aug 30, 2011

Surmy posted:

Was in a case break of contenders on release day. It's a very nice set, with lots of hard signed autos. Patches are roughly 1 in every 2.5 boxes. Every box seems to have atleast one good auto. Overall like most products some good boxes some weak boxes. but overall I'm personally a fan of the set. Much better than the garbage known as Elite.

ELITE IS KING.
super sweet...

Ashekaban
Aug 30, 2011
I ended up with a 3 erikkson, 1 morrow, and 1 benn tonight... Not bad for a 60$ buyin

Ashekaban
Aug 30, 2011

Surmy posted:

5 teams 3 hit big 1 ok and dallas busted. montreal toronto columbus ftw

Dallas busts from anyone not named Ashekaban.

Ashekaban
Aug 30, 2011

AsInHowe posted:

As a general warning, stay away from Rookie Anthology. Lots of quality control issues, according to Panini.

What do you mean?

Ashekaban
Aug 30, 2011
Wolf, got the package today. Lehtonen is so pretty.

Wish the other would of shown up :(

Ashekaban
Aug 30, 2011

Surmy posted:

Yay Kari!

Speaking of which, I picked up a few packs of Rookie Anthology to celebrate getting my new car.

Owner included the bonus pack for 5$.

Inside the bonus pack?

Boom goes the dynamite?

So what you are saying is you are buying us a case of all goalies? That's my Surmy!

Ashekaban
Aug 30, 2011
You need to bring your luck to our breaks...

Ashekaban
Aug 30, 2011
If i recall, contenders stuff doesn't have a huge ton of value. But my guess is probably 40-50. As its not a super limited print.

Ashekaban
Aug 30, 2011
Hey Dark, do you happen to have a lehtonen private signings? I am looking for one. and i know you love them.

Ashekaban
Aug 30, 2011

darkwolf220 posted:

Nope, can't say I have one. Though you should be able to get one from ebay for like ~$10-12

Try 30... Gah.

Ashekaban
Aug 30, 2011

darkwolf220 posted:

Welp, CNC had their case of each Cup tonight. 36 tins. $1000 per spot in that break. And the winner is... no one. Best hit was a Wayne Gretzky honorable numbers /99 patch auto. A $500 card. Other highlights include Jordan Eberle 1/1 plate auto, Eberle Signature patch, Eberle Limited Logos, Corey Perry Rookie patch auto, Vinny Lecavalier honorable numbers /4 Program of Excellence dual auto MAF/Lehnier.

And a bunch of other ~$300 cards. Howe, Lemieux, Crosby autos.

End of the day, a huge bust. Even the guy who gets 1st overall will be hard pressed to do much more than turn a profit. Welp, glad it was not my money.

So what you are saying is surmys break earlier won.

Ashekaban
Aug 30, 2011
i will be taking a spot in that break. we need a few more ;)
its 5$ off. Well worth the gamble.

Ashekaban
Aug 30, 2011
So last nights break was stellar. Wolf ended up with a pretty decent redemption, and I walked out with a patch...lehtonen! Only took like 30 breaks but got exactly what I wanted.

Ashekaban
Aug 30, 2011

mennoknight posted:

Is anyone in this thread from Vancouver? I am culling my collection very severely before I move to Ottawa. It is hard, but I need to get it done. Does anyone have a card shop they trust I can get an appraisal at?

You could try craigslist or ebay the important parts.
Some of us around here might even be interested. I am a Dallas Collector, as well as some early Thrasher stuff if it helps.

Ashekaban
Aug 30, 2011

Surmy posted:

In a 20 Case break of Score today >.> I may have an issue with these cheap sets.

Surmy you are in case breaks of everything every day.
I think you need CCA
Card Collectors Anonymous

Ashekaban
Aug 30, 2011

Surmy posted:

I've actually only been in one OPC and one Score in the last three weeks. After these, I might jump in panini prime(Though probably too expensive/risky for my tastes) and then it's onto the expo.

Although through trading I did pickup 25 new cards for the Gudbranson collection today.

You are in a prime break already you liar!

Ashekaban
Aug 30, 2011

Surmy posted:

For anyone interested I have a bunch of cards for sale/trade

Won't poo poo up the thread with the images here but feel free to check em out http://forums.cloutsnchara.com/viewtopic.php?t=45299

All lehtonen, all the time.
phillip larsen auto

6 dollars is my offer

Ashekaban
Aug 30, 2011
I guess i can try here to offload some stuff i have kicking around.
Dont have pictures at the moment, but i can send if you'd like.

It's all going to end up on ebay eventually that doesnt get sold, so if anything interests anyone, lemme know.

Bonus : each purchase comes with a grab bag of assorted base/inserts/jersey/auto cards! 20-25 cards per pack. No cost to you for shipping it either!
1 Item = 1 grab Bag!

Pinnacle
Niklas Backstrom Threads : /25 PATCH 2 color
Mikko Koivu Pantheon
Milan Lucic Threads : /25 PATCH 3 color
Anze Kopitar Threads : /25 PRIME 2 color
Henrik Lundqvist Threads /25 Jersey/Prime 1 color
Starting 6 Capitals /50 Prime 2-3 Colors
Starting 6 Canucks /199 Jersey
Starting 6 Sharks /50 PRIME 2-3 colors

Certified
Tim Thomas Fabrics of the Game Jersey/auto /25
Jonathon Quick Blue Mirror /99
James Reimer Blue Mirror /99 3 color jersey
Matt Frattin freshman signatures

Titanium
Mike Murphy /70 Rookie
Teddy Purcell Titanium Reserve
Paul Statsny Patch /25 3 color

Other
Drew Doughty Private Signings
Johnathon Bernier Pviate signings
Ilya Bryzgalov BTP prime 2 color
Jaroslav Halak BTP redemption jersey card
Ed Giacomin Silver BTP masked Men /99

Ashekaban
Aug 30, 2011

darkwolf220 posted:

Hey, interested in the Doughty and Bernier Private Signings. What did you have in mind for them? I have a Kari Lehtonen Crown Royale Premier Dates signings /99 you might be interested in as well.

Toss me an email : Threeohashe At the gmail
and we will discuss this said offer you want to give me.
;)

Ashekaban
Aug 30, 2011

Gunjin posted:

Prime looks very nice, way out of my price range though.

Maybe we will add a box in our next break? :)

Ashekaban
Aug 30, 2011

darkwolf220 posted:

I am literally making GBS threads rainbows.

I wonder what I can get for it. $500? $800?

Enough to buy us a an all goalies case break !!!!
(come on, please)

Ashekaban
Aug 30, 2011

ElwoodCuse posted:

I was on eBay doing random searches looking for something interesting or cheap (or both) and came upon this: an autographed picture of the fight between Ruslan Fedotenko and Colby Armstrong where Ruslan literally broke his hand punching Colby in the face.

Guy had a ridiculous buy it now which meant he had no idea what this was worth and had probably been sitting on it forever. Well, lucky for him I found it and lucky for me he accepted my super-low offer.

Now why would I bother to buy such a thing at any price? Well, because I have Colby's jersey from that fight :coal:

hahahh, nice..odd to see someone actually have a armstrong AND thrasher jersey to be happy about it..he was the most hated dude there. I still have hate for him.

Ashekaban
Aug 30, 2011

darkwolf220 posted:

They are fairly inexpensive online. I think I paid $70 for it. Locks and everything. Hanging it was a bitch

Needs more lehtonen.

Ashekaban
Aug 30, 2011

darkwolf220 posted:

Hey, I specifically traded for a Lehtonen, JUST FOR YOU, and you dont like it, so i don't want to hear it.

Also in the break I was in last night an Ed Belfour/Kari Lehtonen dual auto from Elite got opened. I did not have Dallas. Also worst tin of cup ever, 2clr Brendan Smith RPA (I got that) 1clr Roman Horak RPA, Daniel Sedin 1color jersey and 3clr Joe Vitale gold RPA /46. Hooray 4 $20 cards.

It's elite. It's crap. And hey I never saw said lehtonen.

That sounds like a terrible the cup.. That product upsets me so much.

Ashekaban
Aug 30, 2011

anotherblownsave posted:

Hopefully karma gives you some awesome pulls.

If he is lucky it'll be an R and my lehtonen I want

Ashekaban
Aug 30, 2011

Frobocop posted:

Pulled this tonight:

The card is a little warped near the bottom, but there isn't any creasing that I can see. Still, by the far the coolest card I've pulled.

I also pulled a Jets clear cut foundations, which is apparently a case hit. So all in all a pretty good box!

I miss SA box breaks :(

Ashekaban
Aug 30, 2011

Surmy posted:

Pinnacle is cheaper than actual dirt now!

I just want a product that gives me a chance to get all the lehtonens...

Does anyone here collect Steve ott? I got a dumb Artifacts /75 Steve ott jersey/patch card that i just dont want to burn in a fire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ashekaban
Aug 30, 2011
Thoughts for box break
Full case Pinnacle
Full case all goalies(see if they will give it to you for 50 dollars)
Primeifacs

• Locked thread