Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
You should have made a section for your box breaking thread (explaining what it is, etc), it's kind of an inexpensive way to get into collecting and what not. Otherwise, well done!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
I'm lucky enough to have all 3 UD 1/1's that were made of Morozov. You'd laugh your balls off at what I paid for them, but I've got them!

I am missing a handful of his cards to have one of everything, but I've pretty much given up on finding them at this point.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
And he's probably doing it at the right time to drive the prices up :(

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

darkwolf220 posted:

Great, good luck. The die-cut prime numbers set is pretty crazy. The entire set is in 3 parts, the first, second and third digits of a 3 digit stat number (like total goals, total wins, whatever) The first number is a jersey, the second is an auto and the third is a patch auto. The series is numbered to the number (so if it is 383 goals, the whole set is /383)

But here is the rub: the first, jersey card is printed to the first digit (in this example, 300), the second, auto card is printed to the second (in this example, 80) and the third, patch auto is printed to the last (in this example, 3 :stare: ) Getting a complete prime number would be awesome :cool:

They did this in Elite back in 96-97...they weren't Jersey/Auto but the same premise as how numbered the die cuts were. I had the compete Jagr set and the last one was out of 6.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

sba posted:

I'm lucky enough to have all 3 UD 1/1's that were made of Morozov. You'd laugh your balls off at what I paid for them, but I've got them!

I am missing a handful of his cards to have one of everything, but I've pretty much given up on finding them at this point.

Here's a lovely cellphone pic, don't have a scanner.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
As someone who's done the expo as both an attendant (many times) and dealer (twice) It certainly is an awesome experience.

Make sure you bring enough cash, you'll find TONS of bargains and good deals. You'll also see high dollar pieces (cards, memorabilia) that will make your jaw drop.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
Hey people who open a lot of Wax, does anyone have a decent lot of Pominville base cards from last year and this year that they'd part with for a few bucks?

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

Surmy posted:

Really hopping for some Marcus Foligno cards in SPX, but not looking like it.

He's not in it.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

AsInHowe posted:

I have a ton of Pominville base.

Put me a little package together?? Anything from the past two years, let me know how much shipped to CA

If you have other not-base stuff let me know about that too

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

AsInHowe posted:

The Foligno would be $12.50. They are selling for around $11.50 or so on eBay, minus some for fees, plus some for shipping.

Any base cards, duplicates included? I'm sure that I have a ton of Pominville at home and at work.

Don't need dupes.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

Philouza posted:

Was going through my hit doubles. Let me know if anyone wants anything

http://i.imgur.com/feMat.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/VXaH3.jpg

Found a Pominville while I was searching

I'll check and see if I have this...with all the travelling/moving cross country the past year or so, I've gotten pretty far behind.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
Do people even care about 1/1's anymore?? How many Roy 1/1's exist at this point - like 75 different ones?

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
I have a really bad rear end Lehtonen signed 8x10 from his Thrasher days somewhere in my house. I will dig it up and post a pic of it for Superfan #32 over there.

I <3 Kari a lot.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

thompson posted:

I'm excited to open some hockey cards with ya'll! Fun question. What's the most you ever payed for a single card?

$350 for top left corner:

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
I watched part of your C&C break last night...the Backes Captains Cloth was gorgeous. Wasn't sure what team you had in that one.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

sba posted:

Hey people who open a lot of Wax, does anyone have a decent lot of Pominville base cards from last year and this year that they'd part with for a few bucks?

Still looking for this, mostly anything 11-12 and 12-13...I'd like a big lot so I don't have to screw with a bunch of shipping. Any cheap jerseys or parallels too.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

anotherblownsave posted:

I have some Pominville base from this season SBA if you're looking for any set in particular, let me know. I'm gonna be mailing some cards out to Quantrill tomorrow, so I can always toss some in the mail for you when I go.

I have not a single card from those two years, so whatever.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
abs, I got your package yesterday...thanks!

My GF wasn't happy that the bull card didn't have genetic information on it.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
Question:

Where's a good place to get player checklists?

Quantrill posted:

Hockey coins, Dark? What are these shenanigans? Are they legal tender to pay for more breaks? Why is Jagr's mullet so glorious? (Thanks!)

96-97 Pinnacle Mint! They had a rediculous amount of parallel coins too. Including a solid silver (I think 10 of each solid silver exist) and a 1/1 solid gold coin.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

Ashekaban posted:

Player checklists? Oh god, you are going to have to go set to set for that.

That sucks, Beckett used to do them :(

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

sba posted:

96-97 Pinnacle Mint! They had a ridiculous amount of parallel coins too. Including a solid silver (I think 10 of each solid silver exist) and a 1/1 solid gold coin.

I've been going through my cards all day so I had this handy.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
So, today I went through my Morozov collection and put everything in order and fleshed out my need list. Here's that list, I doubt anyone here has any of this stuff, but if you do let me know:

2002-03 O-PEE-CHEE PREMIER RED PARALLEL #172 ALEXEI MOROZOV
2002-03 UD Victory Silver #175 Alexei Morozov <--- I'll pay like 25 times book value for this.
2003-04 UPPER DECK MVP GOLD SCRIPT #336 ALEKSEY MOROZOV /25
2003-04 ITG Action Jerseys #M237 Mario Lemieux/Johan Hedberg/Martin Straka/Alexei Morozov /50
2003-04 Topps C55 Minis Bazooka Back #88 Alexei Morozov /5
2004-05 PACIFIC BLUE #215 ALEKSEY MOROZOV /250

sba fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Mar 18, 2013

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
Anyone have any ideas where I might be able to track down the stuff on my Morozov list?? Large singles houses in Canada? Other message boards??

(I've exhausted ebay and Beckett already, so I'm open to any other ideas.)

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

darkwolf220 posted:

Welp I didnt die, lets see how long before I hear any results.

e: Just got word, not so good, be gone for a while

Get better soon dude <3

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

Surmy posted:

Need to get a gameboy atleast!

95$/ea + shipping. Pretty happy with the price since it seems like a really awesome product with some surprisingly good re-sale. I mean hell, a Tomas Zaborsky auto sold for 70$... From what I've read, only something like 4800 boxes made as well.

I'll take any of the Morozov's you get out of it...let me know.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
Fleer Retro is cool as gently caress.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
People want ridiculous money for the Morozov stuff...and two Russian guys told me no one collects him...WTF

In fact, I sold a Robert Lang patch to a Pens collector, and he said the same thing...no one collects him. I mean I know he's not the best player in the world, but he played for a high profile NHL team, and he's been one of the best players in the KHL for years, I'm surprised that I'm the only one it seems.

sba fucked around with this message at 07:40 on Apr 16, 2013

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
Welcome back <3

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
I was about to say STOP POSTING IN THIS THREAD until Surmy posted his Morozov haul.

I don't see any though...you did well in your break for sure, so that's awesome

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

I would have done about the same, hell that's awesome.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

Surmy posted:

BREAKS EVERY DAY ALL DAY!

>.>

PS, get me your rundblad list for next weekend!

Take my Morozov list?? I doubt you'll see any of the stuff, but hey.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
I had a nice little mail day from Latvia:

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

Surmy posted:

nice pickup, That leaves the KHL Gold Collection auto /50 as your last big one to pickup from that set. Right?

Nope, the Gold Plate thing is /25 - there's one on ebay, guy wants like $50 for it and has listed it 3 times...I'll get it eventually

edit: I do need the auto still though, just kinda waiting on the prices of that stuff to come down a bit.

anotherblownsave posted:

Wow, what'd that set you back?! That's quite a collection you got there.

$50 for the 3 jerseys, the other stuff wasn't that bad.

sba fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Apr 28, 2013

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
Has anyone ever made a website to display their collection?? I'm debating creating one to display my Morozov stuff since it's like a 95% complete catalog. I scanned in one of every card I owned over the weekend, just want to figure out a cool way to do it.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

anotherblownsave posted:

That would be awesome, if you get one up and running post a link!

I want to do something like this, where I can add a little info about each card with a scan:

http://www.penguins-hockey-cards.com/en/my-cards/McEachern%20Shawn.html?ppns=30

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

anotherblownsave posted:

Still waiting for mine, the mailman thinks I'm a creep now haha, I've been posted up outside waiting for him the last two days, but because it was nice out and I happened to be home and doing yardwork, not because I'm waiting for cards lol

Edit: Ashe, that guy emailed me again about the Geoffrion, asking me if I'd come up "a lot" on my offer. I told him what the top price was I'd be willing to pay, and I told him what similar cards were selling for on ebay, I told him if he thought he could get more than I was offering, or wanted to throw it on ebay I'd be happy to bid on it haha.

I'm going through something like this on a card too, guy's listed it like 3 times with no bids. I love being someone's best hope to sell something.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
My biggest issue with the sellers I've had the conversations with, is that they're all Russian and they're all complete dicks.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
Kinda wish we had a better scanner, but this is one of my favorite Rainbows:

Base:

Gold Reserve:

Exclusive (Jersey Number)

1/1

Also, I own the game used stick he's using in the picture on the card.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
Reminds me of one of my favorite patches. Before companies started separating the shield out:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
I found the 02-03 Morozov Victory Silver finally. In negotiations for it right now.

I've never been happier to overpay for a $2 card.

• Locked thread