Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Philouza
Jul 20, 2005
I like collecting:
- Wendel Clark
- Leafs
- Oilers
- Goons from any team

I have a handful of cards I'm gonna put up for trade once I get around to it. They'll be mostly from 08/09 sets, I went a little bonkers that year so I've got some decent doubles. I think I have 3 Claude Giroux Trilogy rookies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philouza
Jul 20, 2005
My shop just got SPx in. It's usually a fav of mine, it supposed to be any good this year?

Philouza
Jul 20, 2005
Was going through my hit doubles. Let me know if anyone wants anything

http://i.imgur.com/feMat.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/VXaH3.jpg

Found a Pominville while I was searching

Philouza
Jul 20, 2005

Surmy posted:

I do like that Giroux, what/how much would you want for it?

I'm completely open to either a trade or money. Not sure what the book is on it...see it's going around $10 on ebay so how bout $7.

I can take a look at anything else I have to make shipping worth it. Not a lot of current Jets cards, but I have some Dale Hawerchuk kicking around if that's your thing.

Philouza
Jul 20, 2005
I'd be interested in:

Sundin/Tucker/McCabe 07/08 Artifacts Tundra Trios patches, 3clr/3clr/2clr /10 $35
Curtis Joseph Certified Immortals gold Prime 2 clr /25 $20 (this Leafs?)
All your Eberle jerseys
Colborne/Grabovski/Clark triple $12
Grabovski/Kulemin jersey

I'd love some pics.

Philouza
Jul 20, 2005
Do you guys prefer this year's Artifacts or SPx? Those are normally my go-to's (along with Crown Royale, not out yet). Is there something else in that price range that's better? I've been mostly underwhelmed with Panini's stuff (with the exception of Crown) at that price point. Maybe it's just bad luck.

Philouza
Jul 20, 2005

techno allah posted:

Well it all depends on what you're going for, you didn't give much info on what you like and why those are your go-to's. My opinion on Spx is on the previous page, i think the design is hot garbage. I like artifacts, but it's redemption heavy and the parallels are weak.

My collecting is all about cool looking/shiny cards, parallels/inserts and on-card autos. A one-inch chunk of a jersey is worthless to me. For a nice looking base card i give the nod to Panini Select. It's prizm done right. For inserts i go with Series 1 or OPC. These are good all-around sets with great variety. For parallels it's got to be either Totally Certified or Black Diamond. They change the whole card color, not just a tiny bit of it. For on-card auto's it's either Dominion or Sp Authentic. And then for the other series it's little things here and there. I like SP game used's lettermans. I like Trilogy's auto pucks with the thick on-card silver pen. Titanium have the rookie's and so on....

That's just for this year's releases though.

Probably the one thing I don't like is parallels. Sure, redemptions aren't a lot of fun but I don't think I hate them as much as the general public. I'm usually looking for a half-decent looking base set that's not too big, with some decent memorabilia in there too. On-card auto's are great, but I just haven't seen them a whole lot in this price range (exception being SPA, which I don't think is out for a while). Maybe I'll give Select a go, reminds me of an old Pinnacle Certified set from the 90's I have for some reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philouza
Jul 20, 2005
Last night's Artifacts box

Plus a wild card rookie redemption. Wish that Sakic card had a little colour but what can you do.

• Locked thread