Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
There was reports of a younger girl on the STARDOMS roster being completely withdrawn from the promotion by her mother, fearing Io Shirai was a bad influence, in addition to their bad press some time ago with the hidden cameras.

Even with the dropped charges, she's still carrying around a bit of a black eye.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor
No posts for eight days, everyone's in shock over Sara Del Ray signing for WWE?

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.
There's really not a lot to talk about I guess. SHIMMER is SHIMMER and only has tapings two weekends a year, women's stuff in WWE and TNA would probably go more in the respective discussions threads (and with WWE at least there's not a whole lot to talk about), DMPunk is the only one who really cared about whatever small indies and he autobanned after making really dumb posts, nobody really follows lucha close enough to know how the women's stuff is down there afaik. And at this point a joshi promotion is lucky if even their Korakuen shows make it to air on Samurai outside of OZ Academy since it has a regular TV slot with Gaora (but the tradeoff is that it's basically the remnants of the '90s AJW and GAEA crews) so about all you can really go on is results and the occasional news piece that gets out.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
There isn't a whole lot going on in Joshi right now, and even if there were only two or three of us talk about it.

Combine that with how hard it's becoming to even get Puro stuff because of that stupid RUDOS stuff, there's not much else to do.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Sara Del Rey got picked up by WWE.

I saw Rachel Summerlyn topless.

Jessicka Havok is still awesome.

A good day.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu
:(

quote:

Former WWE talent Serena Deeb, 26, was arrested on July 8, 2012 in Tampa, Florida for operating a vessel while intoxicated. Her crime was categorized as BUI—Boating Under the Influence. She was released on $150 bond.

Deeb appeared for WWE in 2010 as a member of the CM Punk-led Straight Edge Society, a group which promoted and abided to abstinence and discipline—primarily no smoking, drinking, or drugs. The faction acted as a militant organization, denouncing all people who didn't practice the straight edge lifestyle, even those who also abstain from substance abuse. Her contract was terminated in August of that year, with WWE sources cited to the Pro Wrestling Torch saying that she was not maintaining the gimmick's image in public.

Deeb continued to wrestle independently following her release from WWE. She took an indefinite break from the profession in October 2011 after suffering a serious concussion in a match and now works as a yoga instructor.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END
Sad. She tweeted about one year of sobriety back in December.

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/eie1p7

edit: :( mugshot

Strenuous Manflurry fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Jul 10, 2012

Hirams Bitch
Oct 24, 2008

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

Sad. She tweeted about one year of sobriety back in December.

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/eie1p7

edit: :( mugshot

Why is her t-shirt in front of her like that did she lose her shoulders in a drunken boating accident?

TheHock
Jul 3, 2008

I have altered my retirement plans. Pray I do not alter them any further.
Looks like she's maybe wearing a life jacket under the shirt and sitting down, which is pushing it up around her neck.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW
I can't think of the right word but she's always looked... more mature. In the face. Like even though you can tell she's young she doesn't look young. Mature is probably the best word.

(Not a knock on her, with hair I felt she was one of the prettiest divas the WWE has had)

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Lone Rogue posted:

I can't think of the right word but she's always looked... more mature. In the face. Like even though you can tell she's young she doesn't look young. Mature is probably the best word.

(Not a knock on her, with hair I felt she was one of the prettiest divas the WWE has had)
I know what you mean. It's the eyes, isn't it?

Quantrill
Nov 18, 2005

coconono posted:

I saw Rachel Summerlyn topless.

Wait...what?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Quantrill posted:

Wait...what?

Check my twitter if your google is busted.

Semi-relevant: did you know WEW is still a thing? I remember GI Hoe approaching something that could be grudgingly described as talent.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

WEW still gets a ridiculous amount of shelf space in HMV stores in the uk. More so than TNA.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END
Women's Erotic Wrestling! Pussy World Order! Basically the proto-Shimmer.

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!

Fazana posted:

No posts for eight days, everyone's in shock over Sara Del Ray signing for WWE?

It wasn't a huge surprise, Del Ray has said in several interviews that she was interested in signing with WWE in the foreseeable future. WWE is really stacking up their Divas division as of late. Kharma last year, Buggy Nova a month or two ago and now Sara Del Rey. I guess with all the departures recently they had to start scouting again.

Edit: HMV has always been a good place to go for wrestling DVDs even in Canada. Being a specialty retailer of DVDs/CDs pretty much meant they would stock more than just the new release and promo stuff you see at Wal-Mart or Best Buy.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'll believe the idea of WWE "stacking its Diva division" when I see it. I recognize Karma is out of their hands but they haven't done anything with Natalya and Beth Phoenix feels like she hasn't been decently used in years. The Division as a whole has seemed MIA since the departure of Kelly Kelly, except for AJ.

Of course Kong, Natalya, Phoenix, SDR, Buggy Nova, Ivelisse, Britani Knight, AJ, and some assorted others like Layla and Eve could be a really nice division. But I've seen nothing to suggest WWE wants to have one. Who knows, maybe that will change with 3 hour RAWs and the need to fill more time but I just can't convince myself this is some kind of design to build a real division. There's just no message on screen that that's something WWE wants.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

STAC Goat posted:

I'll believe the idea of WWE "stacking its Diva division" when I see it. I recognize Karma is out of their hands but they haven't done anything with Natalya and Beth Phoenix feels like she hasn't been decently used in years.

I remember reading last week that Kharma's apparently ready to come back whenever (hell last month she was working with her trainer and stuff) but they basically have no ideas for her. Maybe she'll come back on the 1000th Raw or something though who knows.

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!
OK, maybe "stacking the Divas" was just me being overly optimistic. More likely it's because Johnny Ace's lingerie catalogues came in late and he had to fill some Diva spots ASAP with all the departures as of late.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Suben posted:

I remember reading last week that Kharma's apparently ready to come back whenever (hell last month she was working with her trainer and stuff) but they basically have no ideas for her. Maybe she'll come back on the 1000th Raw or something though who knows.
She did apparently get married in the meantime.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 61 days!

Dr. Video Games 0055 posted:

OK, maybe "stacking the Divas" was just me being overly optimistic. More likely it's because Johnny Ace's lingerie catalogues came in late and he had to fill some Diva spots ASAP with all the departures as of late.

Johnny Ace has zip to do with talent acquisitions anymore and is basically just an on-air personality at this point (e: and not even really that nowadays). The most recent signings have been under HHH's watch.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Grandpa Pap posted:

Johnny Ace has zip to do with talent acquisitions anymore and is basically just an on-air personality at this point (e: and not even really that nowadays). The most recent signings have been under HHH's watch.
And HHH has done a pretty good job at signing the people that are already there.

Eve is finally in a good role, AJ is over as hell. They just need to find some stuff to do with Kaitlyn, Tamina, Phoenix, and Natalya.

I believe that Vince McMahon called Kaitlyn fat and personally kicked her back to FCW to lose weight, I imagine that similarly, he still hates the Hart family so Natalya isn't getting a push. Wouldn't be surprised if Phoenix and Sara Del Rey get the shaft for similar reasons to Kaitlyn of being too "think" or ugly.

It's really awful, but any talent Johnny Ace signed was much more likely to appear on TV and get a push simply because it was also the kind of girls that Vince McMahon liked. And maybe that's part of the reason why Ace was hiring such awful talent to begin with. Just another Yes-Man who was signing only what McMahon wanted to see.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 61 days!

Flameingblack posted:

And HHH has done a pretty good job at signing the people that are already there.

Eve is finally in a good role, AJ is over as hell. They just need to find some stuff to do with Kaitlyn, Tamina, Phoenix, and Natalya.

I believe that Vince McMahon called Kaitlyn fat and personally kicked her back to FCW to lose weight, I imagine that similarly, he still hates the Hart family so Natalya isn't getting a push. Wouldn't be surprised if Phoenix and Sara Del Rey get the shaft for similar reasons to Kaitlyn of being too "think" or ugly.

It's really awful, but any talent Johnny Ace signed was much more likely to appear on TV and get a push simply because it was also the kind of girls that Vince McMahon liked. And maybe that's part of the reason why Ace was hiring such awful talent to begin with. Just another Yes-Man who was signing only what McMahon wanted to see.

Who would've thought that HHH would one day be the (potential) savior of any hopes for a halfway decent WWE women's division. :v:

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Grandpa Pap posted:

Who would've thought that HHH would one day be the (potential) savior of any hopes for a halfway decent WWE women's division. :v:
All of this becomes such a moot point if Vince is in a cranky mood and just decides he doesn't want these women on TV anymore. Same goes for the Indy talent hired, with the exception of maybe Claudio (Who is tall and muscular) and if lucky, Pac (Who is short and muscular)

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 61 days!

Flameingblack posted:

All of this becomes such a moot point if Vince is in a cranky mood and just decides he doesn't want these women on TV anymore. Same goes for the Indy talent hired, with the exception of maybe Claudio (Who is tall and muscular) and if lucky, Pac (Who is short and muscular)

Well sure, hence my usage of "potential". HHH can sign great workers but it's all for naught* if Vince and the creative team never use them or put them in humiliating skits/angles.

*Apart from their receiving a nice steady paycheck for a while, which I certainly have no problems with :)

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

It seems like the only way to get a decent push out of HHH is to go workout with him.

So ladies, start doing quad strengthening exercises!

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Well, Sara's going straight to the moon.

1JoshI
Nov 2, 2011
I wonder what stupid name Sara Del Rey will be given to use in WWE?

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

1JoshI posted:

Sarita Del Rio

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 61 days!

Lone Rogue posted:

Sarita Del Rio

Eh, not quite FCW'ish enough. It'll be something like "Carla Romero" or something. :v:

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

Lone Rogue posted:

Sarita Del Rio

Unironically rooting for this

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

Sophia Dorothy Rose given her obsession with Golden Girls.

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010

Lone Rogue posted:

Sarita Del Rio

I thought of the exact same name. :aaa:

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

I hope it's Sara Del Rey just to piss off DM Punk

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Oatgan posted:

I hope it's Sara Del Rey just to piss off DM Punk

Sarah Dell Ray

apsouthern
May 24, 2007

Chain Gang Soldier
I actually read a (not very serious) article on this the other day and one of their suggestions was Lana which made some sense, especially if she takes a year or so to come up to WWE

quote:

WWE’s penchant for giving the girls one word names will continue on with Lana! We envision Lana pretty much just being The Queen of Wrestling, except her name is Lana. Why Lana? Because Lana Del Rey was popular for a few weeks and WWE writers are hacks so they’ll just throw that little Easter egg to the internet fans who know who she is.

http://kayfabecomedy.com/?p=301

Dancing Peasant
Jul 19, 2003

All this for stealing a piece of bread? :waycool:

1JoshI posted:

Tegan Del Ray

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Kharma says she's retired from the WWE. Of course she's always trolling, but she could be telling the truth.

Tasoth
Dec 13, 2011
Alright, so I look up wrestlers because I have no clue who they are. So I did that with Kaitlyn.

McMahon thinks she is fat?

:suicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 61 days!

Tasoth posted:

Alright, so I look up wrestlers because I have no clue who they are. So I did that with Kaitlyn.

McMahon thinks she is fat?

:suicide:

This shouldn't be a surprise; after all, this is the same McMahon-run WWE that reportedly poo poo their collective selves when Kelly Kelly decided to step away, and offered/were thinking of offering her a big-money contract to return. Because she's their "most marketable diva". :rolleyes:

• Locked thread