Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Ultramantis Black posted:

If you enjoyed the hard hitting ferocity of GLOW as much as I, check out the only PA screening of the new documentary.

http://tinyurl.com/7ql7l5v

Tickets available @ the UMB table at Saturday's iPPV in Philly. A mere $5 for a 76 minute history lesson on the Gorgeous Ladies of Wrestling

Something neat to look out for if you're in the Philly area the weekend of June 15th.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DMPunk
Jan 25, 2010

Not to be a dick, and being a guy I have no idea what she must be going thru, but its been like 6 months since she lost her baby. How much time do you need exactly?

Flameingblack posted:

Something neat to look out for if you're in the Philly area the weekend of June 15th.

They posted flyers about this show at the CHIKARA show in Easton. I want to see it, but I'll be in NYC all weekend hanging with a bunch of WSU people.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.
The first three confirmed names for SHINE are SDR, Santana Garrett (who I've never heard of) and... Reby Sky.

DMPunk
Jan 25, 2010

Not to be a dick, and being a guy I have no idea what she must be going thru, but its been like 6 months since she lost her baby. How much time do you need exactly?

Suben posted:

The first three confirmed names for SHINE are SDR, Santana Garrett (who I've never heard of) and... Reby Sky.

Santana was in TNA for a quick second when Orlando Jordan was doing his over the top bisexual thing. She is also a regular for Lexi Fyfe's Slammin Ladies company. Apparently, she is a Gail Kim clone as it pertains to her moves and mannerisms. She uses the Eat Defeat/Sole Food as her finisher. She's alright, but nothing special.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

DMPunk posted:

Santana was in TNA for a quick second when Orlando Jordan was doing his over the top bisexual thing. She is also a regular for Lexi Fyfe's Slammin Ladies company. Apparently, she is a Gail Kim clone as it pertains to her moves and mannerisms. She uses the Eat Defeat/Sole Food as her finisher. She's alright, but nothing special.

She's also something of a Scott Hall trainee - one episode of his YouTube show was dedicated to watching tapes of her matches with her and pointing out psychology and other stuff.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

tonight on psp.tv we'll be watching women's wrestling.
OF DEATH.

http://www.synchtube.com/r/manflurry

coconono fucked around with this message at 22:12 on May 31, 2012

DMPunk
Jan 25, 2010

coconono posted:

tonight on psp.tv we'll be watching women's wrestling.
OF DEATH.

http://wwww.synchtube.com/manflurry

IWA:MS stuff or Japan stuff?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

DMPunk posted:

IWA:MS stuff or Japan stuff?

Gonna be one of the old IWA:MS shows that actually had decent talent.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Crossing my fingers and going by Coco's love of violent Japanese people. Could go for some Kudo, Toyoda, Shark, and Ozaki

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Sounds fun.

EDIT: I was wrong this is bad.

RacistGuidingLight fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Jun 1, 2012

DMPunk
Jan 25, 2010

More names announced for SHINE

http://i.imgur.com/xmPAA.jpg

Also, AIW is having their next Girls Night Out show on August 4. I expect Mia Yim vs Allysin Kay in some kind of gimmick match (most likely cage) to headline the show.

Mayostard
Apr 21, 2007

In the Chamber of Understanding

DMPunk posted:

More names announced for SHINE

http://i.imgur.com/xmPAA.jpg

Also, AIW is having their next Girls Night Out show on August 4. I expect Mia Yim vs Allysin Kay in some kind of gimmick match (most likely cage) to headline the show.

Could they have chosen a lousier picture of Leva?

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

Sanshiro Takagi and former NEO president/current (well now ex as of today) Ice Ribbon president Tetsuya Koda announced that they're going to be starting a Tokyo-based women's promotion called Tokyo Women's Wrestling that's going to focus on younger wrestlers with the centerpiece being ex-NEO wrestler (who retired really really quickly but is still really young) Nozomi Dai. They also want to bring back the Three No's from AJW: No Smoking, No Drinking and No Boys.

Kind of worried about oversaturation in the already crowded joshi market (Reina dies only to be replaced by New Reina and now TWW) but at the same time Koda I guess has a pretty good head on his shoulders and Takagi's a really great, hardworking promoter. Dai's the wildcard because she's basically a non-entity but she's only 21 so who knows.

Kind of like rzombie says in his blog post about it, it's a total gamble because of how splintered everything is and the last thing Japan (and the Tokyo area specifically) needs is yet another joshi promotion. But they've got some good people in charge in Takagi and Koda and with Takagi there's the possibility of a DDT connection which would be good for getting them onto cards (for exposure) and maybe drawing in some crossover from DDT's apparently younger and more female leaning fanbase.

Hopefully it works out instead of being another Reina or Diana.

Suben fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Jun 4, 2012

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

The Three No's of AJW is a reasonable reaction to the rumors and recently problems in Joshi.

I have full faith in Takagi, DDT Pro and Union are both really good shows.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

Oh and you can read more about it here.

http://dramaticddt.wordpress.com/2012/06/04/please-welcome-tokyo-womens-wrestling/

I kind of hope they're able to get someone like Dorami Nagano away from Ice Ribbon who has a lot of talent but is kind of stuck in a promotion that seems to be going nowhere.

Sionistic
Apr 22, 2008

We don't need your money!
Their faces even say "yes another joshi"

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
The girl looks like she's about to either flip out and murder someone or take a nap right there. :stare:

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Nozami doesn't look very pleased.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I'm watching the Oz Academy 15th anniversary show that I got from IVP.

I might start doing a violent joshi/WomensWres night as I'm running out of redic death match stuff. Dunno I'll have to do some digging to see if I can get 3 months worth of programming put together and there's interest.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

coconono posted:

I might start doing a violent joshi/WomensWres night as I'm running out of redic death match stuff. Dunno I'll have to do some digging to see if I can get 3 months worth of programming put together and there's interest.
I'm down for the Ladies of Deathmatch Wrestling.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

coconono posted:

Is it just deathmatches or violent, bloody brawls and stuff? Because there's a bunch of late '90s LCO stuff, Hokuto/Kandori, the first Dump/Chigusa match and Chigusa/Ozaki that's pretty drat bloody.

DMPunk
Jan 25, 2010

Lets watch some WOW too!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdpvf58Hl2g&feature=relmfu

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Something from 2001 never looked so 70's.

DMPunk
Jan 25, 2010

Flameingblack posted:

Something from 2001 never looked so 70's.

The ref bump in that video was insane though.

DMPunk
Jan 25, 2010

Jennifer Blake has been yelling at me on Twitter for like the last hour. She turned heel at the last NEO show and is taking it to Twitter I guess.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

WSU iPPV this saturday.

http://www.gfl.tv/Events/Fight/Wrestling/WSU_Presents_Uncensored_Rumble_V/1540

GFL.tv WSU blurb posted:

WSU Returns Live on June 16th, at the NYWC Sportatorium for the Uncensored Rumble V iPPV Event. Tickets are already on sale at WSUVideo.com.

We will have much more on this show soon, but here is what is already announced:

WSU presents... Uncensored Rumble V
Saturday June 16, 2012
Meet & Greet: 4:00 PM Belltime: 6:00 PM
Live iPPV: 7:00 PM @ GFL.TV
NYWC Sportatorium
435-13 Brook Avenue
Deer Park, New York 11729

MAIN EVENT
WSU WORLD TITLE MATCH
CASKET MATCH - A CAREER GOES TO DIE
(c) Jessicka Havok vs Mercedes Martinez

Uncensored Rules
WSU Tag Champion Sassy Stephanie vs J-Cup 2012 Winner Brittney Savage

Grudge Match
Alicia vs Lexus

UNCENSORED RUMBLE MATCH
Winner Becomes Number 1 Contender to WSU World Championship
Terra Callaway vs Allisyn Kay

NCW Title Match
(c) Kalamity vs Sweet Cherrie
Tina San Antonio vs Annie Social

ALSO APPEARING:
Rain, Jenny Rose & Jessie Brooks & Jana & Latasha & Kimber Lee, Jennifer Cruz & Ezavel Suena & Nikki Syx & Leva Bates & More Much more on this event coming in future press releases. Stay tuned to our twitter page and WSUWrestling.com for breaking news.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Leva Bates vs LuFisto was an amazing match and totally worth getting the WSU iPPV for. Kalmity vs. Sweet Cherry also ranks highly because I love violent women. Main event, very good, lots of OH poo poo OUCH spots.

TheHock
Jul 3, 2008

I have altered my retirement plans. Pray I do not alter them any further.
WWE has apparently signed Buggy Nova to a developmental deal, and she debuted at an FCW show last night in a dance off moderated by Damian Sandow.

So...Good for her, I guess!

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

TheHock posted:

WWE has apparently signed Buggy Nova to a developmental deal, and she debuted at an FCW show last night in a dance off moderated by Damian Sandow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pznR-uSZ18w

e: In case you wanted to know what WrestleShoot thinks!

quote:

buggy nova is just another in a long line of girls that wont make it in wwe. upside is basically as a #2 heel

I'm surprised he knows who she is.

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 14:22 on Jun 21, 2012

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 31 days!

TheHock posted:

I'm actually very happy to hear that, I've seen her a few times in NWA Hollywood when she feuded with Candice LaRae, and she's not a half-bad wrestler. Plus she's really quite pretty. :3:

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Grandpa Pap posted:

I'm actually very happy to hear that, I've seen her a few times in NWA Hollywood when she feuded with Candice LaRae, and she's not a half-bad wrestler. Plus she's really quite pretty. :3:
I really like her name, it's super unique and unlike most of FCW's random name generator sounds nice.

I cannot think of her without also thinking of Buggy the Clown from One Piece though.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 31 days!

Flameingblack posted:

I really like her name, it's super unique and unlike most of FCW's random name generator sounds nice.

I cannot think of her without also thinking of Buggy the Clown from One Piece though.

Don't worry, I'm sure they'll make her change it to something wonderful like Chrissy Jakes or Erin Blaze before long. :v:

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

Grandpa Pap posted:

Don't worry, I'm sure they'll make her change it to something wonderful like Chrissy Jakes or Erin Blaze before long. :v:

Erin Blaze would be awesome because that's a very pro wrestling name.

So give it a week or two and she'll be known as Megan Stansky.

And it'll be the Meegan pronunciation.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Is this Megumi Kudo? And if so, does anyone know what match it is?
http://youtu.be/HMbUocmNPMY?t=1m8s

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

rotinaj posted:

Is this Megumi Kudo? And if so, does anyone know what match it is?
http://youtu.be/HMbUocmNPMY?t=1m8s
Yes. I'm struggling to remember what match it was, but I recognize the costume, and can even tell you what was going on. She was getting triple teamed at the time, and someone blew fire onto her and gave her a really nasty burn.

e: That was her white costume. Still looking, I can find that match pretty easily when I get home, got a big disc with her best matches.
e2: Argh, I can't figure out who that is in the Silver facepaint. Shark usually wore Green, I know it isn't her. Combat Toyota usually had crazy hair.

Megumi Kudo is awesome though. Just buy these:

http://new.ivpvideos2.com/product_info.php?products_id=1915
http://new.ivpvideos2.com/product_info.php?products_id=1916

Kudo isn't the only girl to do barbed wire back at that time, but a lot of the other girls who did were big, monsterous or butchy looking gals, like Shark, Shinobu Kandori, and Combat Toyoda. Even Ozaki was looking pretty grunge and tough.

Kudo was pretty special for being a normal looking girl with really good looks who could take an obscene amount of punishment, and dish out just as much or more. She's the innovator of the Kudome Valentine, better known in the US as Hurricane's Vertebreaker or Homicide's Gringo Killa. Kudo is also I believe, the first woman to ever compete in a barbed wire match.

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Jun 21, 2012

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Flameingblack posted:

Yes. I'm struggling to remember what match it was, but I recognize the costume, and can even tell you what was going on. She was getting triple teamed at the time, and someone blew fire onto her and gave her a really nasty burn.

e: That was her white costume. Still looking, I can find that match pretty easily when I get home, got a big disc with her best matches.

We should do a DM Punk Memorial night.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

Read over at DVDVR that Io's said she's going to be returning. She was never fired from STARDOM and Rossy Ogawa (STARDOM's owner) backed her and said he believed her. Apparently the evidence against her is circumstantial at best and basically hinges on the fact she checked her luggage with NOSAWA so she may be in the clear.

And it was announced last week that STARDOM wrestler Arisa Hoshiki was quitting to "focus on school" but I guess the word is that the real reason was because of this whole deal and her parents (she's 16) not wanting her in "that kind of environment" so they basically forced her into quitting.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Angelina Love just quit TNA. Hopefully she goes into something less dangerous for her skull like crash helmet testing.

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Come to me .... and live forever.
According to the Open The Puroresu Gate blog:

"In a statement just issued today by Stardom, they announced that the pending marijuana smuggling and Customs Law Violations charges against Masami Odate, aka Io Shirai, have officially been dropped. The prosecution in the case will not pursue the charges, thus Shirai is officially free and clear. Shirai was released from custody on or about June 22 according to her latest blog post (ameblo.jp/ioshirai) but now it’s finally over and she is truly innocent."

"Unless there’s an unexpected last-minute change to this Sunday’s card, it sounds like 7/22 is the earliest she’ll be back, which would mean a return in time for the big Korakuen on 8/5."

Good news. Obviously STARDOM isn't dropping her, but will the stigma of even being accused carry forth? I should hope not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 31 days!

coconono posted:

Angelina Love just quit TNA. Hopefully she goes into something less dangerous for her skull like crash helmet testing.

I remember reading about her after she had a concussion back in like 2008 or 2009 or something, and her boyfriend at the time said she would go into really deep bouts of depression.

When I heard she left TNA, I hoped she would retire from wrestling so she could rest up and take care of her health, but apparently she also posted on her Twitter that she's accepting indie bookings now, so who knows. :smith:

• Locked thread