Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu
:(

quote:

Former WWE talent Serena Deeb, 26, was arrested on July 8, 2012 in Tampa, Florida for operating a vessel while intoxicated. Her crime was categorized as BUI—Boating Under the Influence. She was released on $150 bond.

Deeb appeared for WWE in 2010 as a member of the CM Punk-led Straight Edge Society, a group which promoted and abided to abstinence and discipline—primarily no smoking, drinking, or drugs. The faction acted as a militant organization, denouncing all people who didn't practice the straight edge lifestyle, even those who also abstain from substance abuse. Her contract was terminated in August of that year, with WWE sources cited to the Pro Wrestling Torch saying that she was not maintaining the gimmick's image in public.

Deeb continued to wrestle independently following her release from WWE. She took an indefinite break from the profession in October 2011 after suffering a serious concussion in a match and now works as a yoga instructor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Lone Rogue posted:

I can't think of the right word but she's always looked... more mature. In the face. Like even though you can tell she's young she doesn't look young. Mature is probably the best word.

(Not a knock on her, with hair I felt she was one of the prettiest divas the WWE has had)
I know what you mean. It's the eyes, isn't it?

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Suben posted:

I remember reading last week that Kharma's apparently ready to come back whenever (hell last month she was working with her trainer and stuff) but they basically have no ideas for her. Maybe she'll come back on the 1000th Raw or something though who knows.
She did apparently get married in the meantime.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu
But can she run the ropes?

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Oh I know, I was just being slightly tongue-in-cheek in my reply. I have yet to see her wrestle (so far she's just been the GM character in the FCW episodes Bright House has aired), but she'd have to be quite spectacularly uncoordinated to be as bad or worse than KK (who made me fear for her life and the lives of others whenever she set foot in the ring).
Adding to it is that Kelly has 10 years of gymnastics plus cheerleading and she's as uncoordinated as she is. Still, as long as she's better than Rosa or Alicia...

Diva Dirt has an interview with Daffney and it gets a bit emotional at times :(

Perigryn fucked around with this message at 08:46 on Jul 17, 2012

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Flameingblack posted:

DVDs also cost outrageous amounts more than they do in America because of various reasons. Niche markets in Japan mean that the cost of a DVD will go up to flatten sales:profit ratio and they just generally spend much more on things than we do in America.
That's something they COULD do something about but there's an awful lot of people set in their ways who refuse to do so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu
From Daffney's facebook

quote:

Monday night I was in a car accident. I was driving along I-4 and I hydroplaned at 70 mph, went off the road, and my car flipped. I landed upside-down in 3 feet of water. I was able to climb out of the passenger side and waded to safety. Luckily someone saw and stopped to help. It took 2 1/2 hours to tow my car out as it was wedged deep in the ditch in the woods.

Thank God I had my seatbelt on. If I hadn't I'm sure my injuries would have been much worse...if not fatal. I want to emphasize to all my Daffanatics to please remember to buckle up.

I cannot explain the feeling I had when I realized what had happened. When I saw my totaled car the next day at the junkyard it really hit me. I'm so grateful to be alive. Now, I'm just trying to pick up the pieces and get things back to normal.

I lost a lot of things that night. As I landed in so much water - my phone, ipod, video camera (with all the bonus footage for Shine 2), some clothing , and some other things were destroyed. They are all material objects and can be replaced, however it is going to cost a pretty penny.

I will be auctioning off quite a few items in the near future to try and make up for this loss, so please check out ebay in case you see something you like and want to bid.

Thanks for letting me share this unfortunate incident with you guys, and thanks in advance for the love and support.
Thank goodness she's safe.

• Locked thread