Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010

DMPunk posted:

Video of the match where "Forever 18" Cherry reveals her age. The 10 bell salute is amazing.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xqm3m3_02-cherry-vs-emi-sakura-union-05-04-12_sport?start=707

Is that Yoneyama at ringside wearing belt armor? :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
I blame NOSAWA for this. :argh:

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
Mio apologizing for her sister implies she's aware Io is into recreational drugs, not that Io has basically been ostracized from society. Jeez. :psyduck:

Mio and Io not being their real names is a crushing blow. Next we'll find out Sachiko and Chisako are aliases.

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
Her slow descent into what, exactly? She was caught with some pot in a painting, which despite Japan's harsh view of the stuff does not imply she's a raging drug addict or something. While there's certainly a social stigma associated with dating Juggalos, that dude still has wrestlers sticking up for him, so it's not like that would've gotten her booted out of Triple Tails.

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010

Flameingblack posted:

But isn't it true that if Io wanted to do these awful things, she'd distance herself from her closest friends and family? She doesn't even have to be doing anything but pot, but it's looked down upon in Japan heavily. It's unlike the US where you can get away with murder and people forgive and forget.

Are you basing the idea that Io's friends and family have all shunned her solely from that random guy's blog? Who also had this to say:

quote:

But befoer that, I was so surprised the fact that Io Shirai is NOSAWA Rongai's girl friend! and they are living together! Io Shirai is a beautiful wrestler. She once appeared Japanese famous TV show Ame talk. NOSAWA Rongai is 13 years older than Io Shirai. And NOSAWA Rongai is ugly. The reason why the fact that they are living together revealed is that police asked them their address. I am so jealous.

:psyduck:

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
That goes for anybody with a fanbase. There's always going to be a creepy obsessive minority that go crazy over stuff like that. Japan is maybe unique in that some stuff gets directly marketed to that sub-fanbase to get more money out of them.

I don't know anything about people in Japan's views on pot, but I'd imagine it varies from person to person like it would anywhere.

Flameingblack posted:

I wouldn't really consider "Otaku" as the norm in Japan, but typically Japanese are more reserved and private about their personal lives, in contrast to America and the UK where tabloids are some of the biggest forms of entertainment.

They have lots of tabloid and rumor-mongering poo poo over there too.

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010

DirtyDirtySheets posted:

The thing with the anime chick was a paper published photos of her post-coitus with a bandmate, and she had apparently hosed all her band mates. Not sure why this got left out of the previous post since, when you google, that's all you actually see and not much stuff about fans burning cartoons.

Actually I read the same thing last night while I was looking up voice actors and Google suggested it. It just said she revealed on a TV show she likes old guys and a bunch of enraged fans started breaking their merchandise. It didn't mention the actual scandal at all.

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
This thread needs a tuba.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4E_7q4hzWFc

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
Flippy Femmes.

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
The girl looks like she's about to either flip out and murder someone or take a nap right there. :stare:

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010

Lone Rogue posted:

Sarita Del Rio

I thought of the exact same name. :aaa:

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
Stupid people?

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
Daffney is even more positive than DDP when talking about wrestling stuff. :stare:

And another reason to hate Johnny Ace.

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
Who thought introducing Kana to barbed wire would be a good idea? :stonk:

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
Entrance exams at 24? That seems like it'd be uncommon in Japan.

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
Why is every wrestling company in the world run by loving babies? :argh:

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
:suspense:

I don't understand Japanese movies at all.

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
As far as I know, Kana's only murdered one person but people act like she's Low Ki, scourge of the indies. Quit being babies. :colbert:

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
Wasn't Aikawa the gravure idol who got kicked in the boobs a lot until she was accepted as a pro wrestler?

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
Is the red on her chest from the blood or from chops?

That should be the picture people get shown when they ask what joshi wrestling is like. :gonk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
She seems to do a lot of top-rope legdrops. Maybe she's been Hoganized.

• Locked thread