Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Do you like roll-ups? Do you like concussions? How about 45 second matches? Then American Women's Wrestling is for you! There's not a whole lot to talk about right now. The current state of the big-two's women's divisions are in poor shape. So here, have some pictures:

WWE Divas
iMPACT Wrestling Knockouts

However, the Independent scene is much more exciting, treating these ladies as athletes, legitimate competitors, and real people and not characterless gimmicks. The American and Canadian US Indy scene for women is booming, and there are a lot of future legends of the division in addition to some promising news ones. Current big names on the scene include Sara Del Rey, The Canadian Ninjas, Cheerleader Melissa, and new-comers Athena and Saturyne. There are a couple of big-name promotions worth checking out:

SHIMMER Women's Athletes: The biggest name in the US for female competitors to showcase their legitimate talents.

CHIKARA Pro: While not neccisarily a women's promotion, they don't have a "Division" of women wrestlers either, and prefer to treat them as equal as their male competitors. Last year, CHIKARA put on a trio of shows called "Joshimania" which showcased talents of yesteryear, the stars of today, and a few to look out for in the future. These can be bought from Smart Mark Video. (Night 3 is considered the best night to buy)

Pro Wrestling EVE: A UK promotion featuring the best of the best in Europe. Former alumni Brittani Knight was signed to FCW Wrestling recently.

AIW Absolute Intense Wrestling is worth mentioning for their yearly shows called the "Girls Night Out" featuring nearly exclusive female talent.

Joshi, is a brand of wrestling in Japan featuring well, women. A few years ago, a new Joshi boom hit Japan and a lot of older legends came out of retirement to face a new wave of graplers which says a lot about the creme of the crop. There are many different styles of Joshi, from the stiff, hard-hitting style of the 90's, the shoot-style fighting of girls like Kana, and a more Diva-like approach. Those brutal moves like the Gringo Killa and Burning Hammer? Women innovated those. They do not like your necks.

If you're looking to get into an all-around approach to Joshi, watch Joshimania from CHIKARA, or the Sendai Girls FLASH Tournament (Available in full on YT)

Wrestling New Classic: The successor to Tajiri's SMASH, it's still in its early stages right now with only one show as of writing, but it houses some of the biggest names in the new wave of Joshi. Kana (One-Third of the founders), Mio Shirai, Makoto, and Syuri are all here and going off their matches from SMASH it should be one of the best promotions to watch.

Ice Ribbon: A school started by Emi Sakura several years ago, it started out as an after-school program for girls as an alternative to other clubs. It's grown, and now features some of the bigger names in the new-wave of Joshi. Hikaru Shida is their ace, and they've got an impressive roster featuring Tsukasa Fujimoto and Riho (At 16, she is an 8 year veteran!). Emi Sakura has since left the promotion, to start a new one in Thailand.

STARDOM: Features some impressive high-speed, high-flying talent as well as other styles common in Joshi. Io Shirai, Natsuki*Taiyo, and Yoshiko are from this promotion.

SENDAI GIRLS: Founded in 2005 by Meiko Satomura, another school like ICE Ribbon for younger girls and former models. DASH Chisako (Who dresses and acts like Jeff Hardy), her sister Sendai Sachiko, and Misaki Ohata make their homes here.

Some more in-depth resources, featuring results and interviews!

Divas of Destruction
Diva-Dirt
Dirty Dirt Sheets
Ring Belles

:siren: :siren: Please do not bring in the shitposting and drama from the last topic. :siren: :siren:

Please help me branch out some of these descriptions for those looking to get into this style of wrestling. I admit that I don't really keep up with too many of these promotions and I know there are others with more expertise.

Thanks!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvitl5NIevc

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 00:08 on May 5, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Dramatic DDT Blog posted:

The day some people thought they would never see has finally come. Cherry, the resident female wrestler on the Union roster who has always claimed to be very young has revealed her true age. Cherry lost the Age Contra Makeup match to Emi Sakura, who was wrestling on behalf of an injured Mio Shirai. Cherry was defeated with one of her own signature moves as well as from some interference from Mio. Defeated, Cherry said she was born on 14th May, 1974 which makes her 37 years old going on 38. Cherry told the audience she debuted at 30 years old and did so because it was her dream to become a wrestler, no matter how old she was. Cherry’s passport was flashed onto the giant screen behind her to serve as confirmation while a ten bell salute took place in the background.

:asoiaf: I use to say that Kana was a vampire for looking so young at her age, but Cherry, who's been claiming to be between 18 and 21 for the past seven years actually looks that young. The relevance of Cherry's age is pretty big for her, since it's been her gimmick since she's started. She's known for doing spots where people announce their age and always saying "I'm the youngest!" and although I would have thought she was in her late 20's, I never expected she would be so close to 40. For comparison, she's a year older than Trish Stratus.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

You can now vote for Layla El's next opponent on WWE.com, but further proving that Vincent Kennedy McMahon doesn't give a gently caress what the internet thinks, AJ Lee went from first place with almost 45% of the votes to seconding Kelly Kelly who now has a minor lead over AJ (With Kelly's numbers increasing just about consistent with a vote for AJ.

With Kharma and Natalya completely absent on the poll.

Suben posted:

JWP has two "Best of" DVDs for their 20 year anniversary, one covering the '90s and one covering the 2000s I believe. And they can be yours for the low low price of around $55!

Each.
Unfortunately, IVP doesn't carry any Best Of shows, just a couple random shows scattered across the past 17 years.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

The daughter of Ric Flair and the daughter of Eddie Guerrero to produce the second worst female wrestling match in history.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

As a niche, it was already pretty hard to get sometimes, but this is kind of dumb. I wish more companies would follow IR's idea of putting shows on livestream service. Even though it's just 19 O'Clock wrestling, that's still a weekly show that's super easy for foreigners to watch and I appreciate that.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

"emphasize a lucha style and looks." in the Joshi world more or less means "Emphasis on the WWE Diva style"

Admittedly, they do it better than the WWE themselves though, but a lot of that style is just really flashy roll-ups.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Suben posted:

Pretty much. Granted I don't know why anyone would think Yumiko Hotta would be a draw in 2012 though...

STARDOM's basically the one company doing it right so far and that goes to the strength of Nanae as a trainer (and probably Natsuki*Taiyo and Miho Wakizawa too if they're involved in the training) so that you have pretty girls who actually show some promise at being competent inbetween the ropes.
STARDOM is hands down one of the best Joshi training school I've seen. I know SMASH/Wrestling New Classic isn't really training new girls, but Syuri and Makoto improved leaps and bounds when they joined the roster.

Ice Ribbon is a mixed bag, Shida and Fujimoto are both pretty fun to watch and some of the younger girls are getting really good at those flashy roll-ups, too.

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 22:52 on May 15, 2012

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Do you know how I can tell Cherry is close to retirement? She's challenged Yuko Miyamoto to a deathmatch for the DDT Extreme title. A man who beat the poo poo out of Ken Ohka in his last title defense (Though admittedly, everyone beats the poo poo out of Ken)

Here's a Yuko deathmatch against Kyoko Kimura.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsHwEkEdJbo

When Joshi girls are close to retirement, they usually take at least one death match, and not exactly the light stuff either. It isn't mandatory or anything, but most of them want to do it because they'd never tried it in their career before.

Chii Tomiya, who's four foot nothing and looks like a child at 22, was in a death match against Mr. Pogo, and it went exactly like how you would expect a Mr. Pogo match to go. He stabbed her with a sickle :v:

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Gordy posted:

It's also for DDT, so correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think they hardly ever go to the point of using light tubes, do they?
It's Union, technically, and yes; they do. Yuko himself is holding the DDT Extreme title on behalf of BJW Wrestling.
Cherry is coming to the defense of Ken Ohka's beatdown, to defend the honor of Union Pro.

There are a lot of Indy companies in Japan who always share talent, and even share titles between them. It's really neat.

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 22:44 on May 18, 2012

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Gordy posted:

Ok that's different. I didn't know DDT was sharing the belt as well as the talent. Definitely makes more sense if it's BJW related.
Union is...Exactly what it sounds like. It's the little-sister company of DDT Pro, but hosts a couple BJW guys, and some independent workers (Like Cherry and Mio Shirai) as well.

DDT Pro has always had working relations with other companies though, besides BJW. There are the major companies (NJPW, AJPW, NOAH, Dragon Gate, and Zero-1) and the rest of the independent companies usually work together.

When Daisuke Sekimoto held the DDT Openweight Championship, he was still a "BJW" guy.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

coconono posted:

Trying to find this. Because I secretly hate women or something.
I don't think tape of the match exists, there's a single picture on google. Funny enough, it's from my own photobucket.

I guess you'd have to find someone that speaks Japanese well enough to ask her on Twitter if tape is around.

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 19:13 on May 21, 2012

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I even know what show it is, I know everything about the event because my friend really wanted to see it, but I can't find links for it, or even anywhere to buy it.

http://www.cagematch.net/?id=1&nr=68983

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Suben posted:

I don't even get why she left Ice Ribbon. She's basically done nothing except apparently join (and then get kicked out of) an indier than indy promotion called Pro Wrestling Wallaby. It would've been nice if she had gone to JWP or something but in all honesty I don't know who's going to really find use for a 4 ft. whatever girl who's in her 20s. She really wasn't going to get any better as far as position than she was getting in IR.

Of course now ever since Emi's left Ice Ribbon seems kind of directionless and just things happening with no real build or anything so who knows. I'm not lamenting the loss of IR's Korakuen show because an intergender tag tournament that didn't include Matsumoto/Kasai and Kana/Shida didn't do much to interest me.

Losing out on Uematsu's retirement from the WAVE show and Haruyama/Kuragaki and Arisa Nakajima's return match from the JWP one sucks though.
Looking up the reason she was kicked out of of Pro Wrestling Wallaby, and it looks like she didn't like the way the promotion was being run or something, said some curse words, and got kicked out for being unprofessional.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Suben posted:

Yeah, I remember about the "unprofessional behavior" and I can imagine some small-rear end indy nobody's ever heard of isn't going to be the best run promotion ever.
I also read that she was kicked out for drinking "A lot" but I can't imagine that "A lot" for someone her size is that much.

I don't know anything about her personally, I follow her on Twitter and she tweets about Pokemon and seems really shy. You don't hear about many people having a press conference to announce they've been kicked out of a company though.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Io Shirai is facing possible jailtime for smuggling drugs into Japan, from Mexico. Posession of pot is a really big deal in japan that can get you into a lot of trouble. For comparison, the last wrestler who was found in possesion of marijuana was put into jail for 5 years, and was blackballed from wrestling in Japan.

I had an argument with DDS a while back that maybe, Io Shirai had left Triple Tail.S (With her older sister Mio and friend Kana) because Io didn't want to go forward with the over-sexualization that Mio and Kana had begun to do, but maybe Io got kicked out for being the rotten child.

Her sister said in a blog that there'd been cracks in the relationship between the two for a while now, and it's possible that Mio knew this thing was going on, but didn't find out about the news until everyone else did.

Here's some more information from Ring Belles:
http://ringbellesonline.com/2012/05/24/io-shirai-busted-for-possession-of-drugs-facing-jail/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Suben posted:

Sucks for Io that she's basically going to have her career ruined because of Japan's ridiculous views/laws with regards to weed.
Or she'll be forced to work in America where people don't really care.

Didn't NOSAWA get arrested like, last year? I blame ICP, it's their fault!

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Coco mentioned to me on Twitter than Nosawa and Io were living together, which isn't a shock to me. But apparently one or the other has a kid? Mio mentioned the kid on the blog and I've seen pictures of a baby online. I doubt it was Io's own child, I don't think she's taken enough time off to be pregnant, but if they're living together and taking care of NOSAWA's child then that's a pretty messed up situation.

Still, it's really weird to hear about this kind of thing in Japan. I'm even honestly reacting to it in a different way. If you told me that Portia Perez were caught with pot it'd be weird, but whatever. But a young girl like Io (Just turned 22) is going to be in jail for the next five years and her career is basically over is awful, but even just knowing she was smuggling in pot in the first place is the big shocker.

It just never seemed like something that they did in Japan. (Although NOSAWA is fairly use to American lifestyle, working with JCW so much)

I mean, Mad Man Pondo and Necro Butcher go to Japan all the time, but they're not dumb enough to try and smuggle drugs with them.

(Note: I have no idea if Pondo smokes pot or not)

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Looks like there's another STARDOMS related scandal, because it seems as if the main photographer for the company has gotten into trouble for installing cameras in the shower rooms at STARDOMS shows at Shin-Kiba 1st ring.

Good show, STARDOMS. Two big scandals in one day. Not the fault of the promotion itself, but it's just very unfortunate all at once.

e: The scandal was released a couple days ago in the paper, but it's a huge black eye to the company as a whole. It makes STARDOM look like an awful company, even though both instances were beyond their control.

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 22:01 on May 24, 2012

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Suben posted:

It was a guy who worked not only for STARDOM but JWP too and it was found out after WAVE's show there last month. The story I remember reading (when I saw it at DVDVR) was that they found a pen-sized camera in one of the bathrooms that the talent used and traced it back to him, then Rossy worked to keep it quiet because he thought it would be damaging to joshi puroresu's reputation but Tokyo Sports blew it out into the open.

Unless that's the second incident in as many days like that...
Yeah, I'm reading the original news about it, and it was a couple days back. Still it's all at once and everything seems to just be crashing down around them.

What next? Is Natsuki part of the Yakuza? Yuzuki releases an adult video in the middle of a JWP ring?

Japanese fans are seemingly brutal when it comes to things like this, I don't think Io Shirai is going to have much of a fanbase left in Japan no matter how this goes. I don't know to what extremes Joshi fans go, but I know fans of these pop idols go into a frothing rage if there's even the chance these girls have a boyfriend.

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 22:21 on May 24, 2012

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Suben posted:

So I guess she was living with/in a relationship with NOSAWA too? I kind of wonder if that's what caused the rift between her and Mio
Living in the spotlight for 5 years, since she turned 17. Boosted to Joshi fame when she became part of Kana's crew, just an unfortunate attraction to one of the bad guys after the Mexico trip.

She liked a bad boy, and bad boys make good girls do bad things. Or maybe she was rotten all along, who knows?

I'm actually more interested in the part of Mio's blog where it mentions a kid. I don't know a whole lot about this, but I've seen the pictures of the Shirai Sisters with a newborn. Originally I thought it was their new younger sister or something but it could be NOSAWA's kid.

Suben posted:

Oh god, I wonder if NOSAWA tried to turn her on to ICP...
The most upsetting news of all.

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 12:36 on May 25, 2012

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Not exactly new "news" but someone from Japan's compiled all the facts in his blog. He confirms that Io Shirai and NOSAWA have been dating, they live in the same residence.

Io Shirai's real name is "Masami Odate" which has been released in police reports, which means unfortunately her older sister's last name is also public now. She has been suspended indefeinately from STARDOMs and replaced by Kyoko Kimura (Who ironically, only pretends to smoke pot).

quote:

Let me clear the facts
-They returned from Mexico in Narita airport, they possessed drugs in a self-portrait which they had
-They did not admit the fact that they possess drug intentionally
-NOSAWA Rongai got suspended eternally from AJPW because he was absent the match because of drinking
-NOSAWA Rongai was arrested by stealing Taxi and suspended enternally from NJPW
-AJPW has announced that he does not blong to AJPW
-NJPW has announced that he will be absent all the match of Best of the super jr XIX 2012
-Black tiger is NOSAWA Rongai
-Io Shirai is NOSAWA Rongai's girl friend
-NOSAWA Rongai and Io Shirai are living together(cohabitation)

The reactions of wreslters
-He is my friend. He said he did not do it. I believe it.(Minoru Suzuki - Nosawa's long-time tag-team partner)
-Only thing I can do is to belive him. He is my partner.(TAKA michinoku)
-I think it is something wrong. He did not admit it. so I believe it.(Takagi Sanshiro - Owner of DDT Pro/Union)
-I appologize of what my sister did for all the fans.(Mio Shirai)

It doesn't seem that anyone's standing up for Io at all, even her older sister said it was unfortunate and she apologizes for what her sister has done to her fans.

Here's the guy's blog:
http://blog.livedoor.jp/hbkidcool/

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 22:48 on May 25, 2012

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Suben posted:

God that really has to suck. NOSAWA has MiSu, TAKA and Takagi standing up for him.

Io's sister throws her to the wolves.
Who's going to stick up for her though? Kana? It seems like Io burned a lot of bridges. Kana wasn't the most well-liked person when Triple Tail.S formed, and although Kana rebuilt that reputation years later, Io had to have burned just as many bridges splitting from the group to join Stardom.

She left a big black eye on STARDOM, who is dealing with the spy camera scandal from a few days earlier, so I don't think she even has anyone but her sister left and that relationship was strained, according to Mio in her blog.

It's unfortunate, and the way things are adding up it's possible she's broken relationships with every good influence in her life to be with a sleezy Juggalo who's always in trouble.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Suben posted:

Right, she's obviously not made the smartest decisions but at the same time even her own sister is pretty much turning her back on her while at least someone as stupid as NOSAWA has people (respectable people even) sticking behind him.
Like I said, Kana might be the only girl with a good enough status to stick up for her and mean something. I can't imagine sticking up for Io in Japan is a good idea for any Joshi, and I can't really think of any good relationships Io's had with other wrestlers since splitting with Triple Tails.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Suben posted:

That's my point. A guy with a long history of being an idiot (this, stealing a taxi, being a drunk in general, being a juggalo) still has people standing up for him while Io screws up once and is practically disowned by everone which is just kind of sad.
Welp, she has a couple of years to think about how dumb it was to abandon her sister and friends I guess.

She was a really good wrestler who could have made it pretty far in the business if she would have just been a little bit smarter about who she associated herself with.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Bocc Kob posted:

Mio apologizing for her sister implies she's aware Io is into recreational drugs, not that Io has basically been ostracized from society. Jeez. :psyduck:

Mio and Io not being their real names is a crushing blow. Next we'll find out Sachiko and Chisako are aliases.
I'm not sure how long she's been dating NOSAWA, but she could've left Triple Tails because of her slow decent into what we have now. I mean, if there are rumors to be stirred, Kana will start talking eventually.

Mio isn't saying anything like "I can't believe my sister would do that!" or "I believe her" so it sounds a whole lot like Mio knew her sister's been doing these things for a while.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Bocc Kob posted:

Her slow descent into what, exactly? She was caught with some pot in a painting, which despite Japan's harsh view of the stuff does not imply she's a raging drug addict or something. While there's certainly a social stigma associated with dating Juggalos, that dude still has wrestlers sticking up for him, so it's not like that would've gotten her booted out of Triple Tails.
But isn't it true that if Io wanted to do these awful things, she'd distance herself from her closest friends and family? She doesn't even have to be doing anything but pot, but it's looked down upon in Japan heavily. It's unlike the US where you can get away with murder and people forgive and forget.

Regardless, her Japanese career is still dead, she'll have to find work in the US or Mexico from now on, because there aren't going to be many places that will accept her now.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Suben posted:

Issei Sagawa killed and ate a Dutch woman in France and after he got out of jail became a minor celebrity (even writing restaurant reviews for a Japanese magazine), starred in an exploitation film and wrote books about what he did and about a series of child murders in 1997.

So smoking pot is apparently worse than literally killing and eating someone.
:stare:

I guess there must be a level of being so cartoonishly evil and winning over people for being crazy that people are willing to forgive you for.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Suben posted:

I mean that's obviously an exceptional case though... I think.

I hope.
Well, I remember the really dumb backlash about a manga character possibly having a boyfriend. It was huge, and people were boycotting the publisher because of it. I'm not comparing the manga-reading shut-ins to wrestling fans, but I'm sure there's some cross-over considering the kind of looks Io has.

I'm sure getting in trouble for pot is more forgivable for men than it is for women, as misogynist as that sounds. Guys have smoked pot in Japan before, and although they did come back, I don't know if I would consider working for Antonio Inoki in the modern era a crowning achievement or anything.

Io is probably blacklisted from the bigger indy promotions, and is going to be stuck in those small ones no one's ever heard of. (But not Wallaby, they have high standards!)

She'd do best to just move to Mexico or the US and continue there.

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 00:29 on May 26, 2012

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Bocc Kob posted:

Are you basing the idea that Io's friends and family have all shunned her solely from that random guy's blog? Who also had this to say:
Well, no. The translation of Mio's blog is just fine (Which is what I had translated poorly, but it's nice to be confirmed by someone who uh, really knows Japanese).

I don't think Io was shunned, but I know if I were in her position and was getting into poo poo that wasn't acceptable, I'd not talk to my close friends or family either. Mio already said she's sorry for not being there for her sister and there were cracks in the relationship, but that could be entirely because Io wanted to get away from them, not the other way around.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

STAC Goat posted:

Ok, so I don't want to offend anyone or make any sweeping stereotypes about Japan. So I'm asking if these things I've apparently learned from the last page or so are accurate.

- Female entertainers in Japan can't reveal to the public that they have boyfriends or are sexual beings or else their fanbases will turn on them rabidly out of some twisted stalkerish notion that they were betrayed? And this is just like normal and accepted instead of seen as a twisted subculture like "shipping" is here in the US.

- If you're, at worst, a stupid pot dealer who dates a Juggalo in Japan you run the rusk of being blackballed from the business and shunned by friends and family?
I wouldn't really consider "Otaku" as the norm in Japan, but typically Japanese are more reserved and private about their personal lives, in contrast to America and the UK where tabloids are some of the biggest forms of entertainment.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

DirtyDirtySheets posted:

There is currently a women's wrestling tag team called C.U.N.T. Someone posted their introduction video here, multiple times in fact.
That doesn't give you permission to use the word, or start calling women that, in general.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

DirtyDirtySheets posted:

In the first post, that you made. You made a point to post this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvitl5NIevc

I wasn't calling call any woman that either. Nice try though.
But I don't see anything wrong with that video. :confused:

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

DMPunk posted:

New promotion in Florida starting July 20, which will run monthly shows on iPPV is being called SHINE. Name makes sense as its a sister promotion to SHIMMER.

http://i.imgur.com/B3fTu.jpg
At first glance the logo looks like Shimmer got cut off somewhere. SHIMMER produced Athena (Who may be wrestling's best rookie), I look forward to seeing the other girls they scout/train.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I have contacts in Japan that help me get shows, for that matter. Random DVDs that would be hard for someone from America to pick up themselves because of either a language barrier or an unwillingness by retailers to ship to the USA. Beyond that, it's much more convenient to just host your "tapes" online and trade them around like that. I was too young to partake in the tape trading era, but I do have a couple FMW tapes on VHS I got from trading back in early 2002.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

coconono posted:

IVP stocks a lot of Joshi.
Preaching to the choir my friend. :hf:

I was talking about physical tapes, I never even thought that the DVD's I've been getting from IVP Videos is basically the exact same thing.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Ultramantis Black posted:

If you enjoyed the hard hitting ferocity of GLOW as much as I, check out the only PA screening of the new documentary.

http://tinyurl.com/7ql7l5v

Tickets available @ the UMB table at Saturday's iPPV in Philly. A mere $5 for a 76 minute history lesson on the Gorgeous Ladies of Wrestling

Something neat to look out for if you're in the Philly area the weekend of June 15th.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Crossing my fingers and going by Coco's love of violent Japanese people. Could go for some Kudo, Toyoda, Shark, and Ozaki

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

The Three No's of AJW is a reasonable reaction to the rumors and recently problems in Joshi.

I have full faith in Takagi, DDT Pro and Union are both really good shows.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Nozami doesn't look very pleased.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

coconono posted:

I'm watching the Oz Academy 15th anniversary show that I got from IVP.

I might start doing a violent joshi/WomensWres night as I'm running out of redic death match stuff. Dunno I'll have to do some digging to see if I can get 3 months worth of programming put together and there's interest.
I'm down for the Ladies of Deathmatch Wrestling.

• Locked thread