Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mental Midget
Apr 18, 2005

We're glad you could play SQIV. As usual, you've been a real pantload.
One of my favorite types of Defense games are the ones that go through a winding preset path on different "levels." One of my favorite games of this genre is GRave Defense HD - It's got a lot of humor and if you love zombies and defense games it's a no brrrrrrrraaaaaaaaiiiinnnnnnnn-er (sorry)

Also the same developers got the Night of the Living Dead license and used their GRave Defense engine to make it NOTLD themed. It's got sweet sound clips from the movie such as "They're coming to get you Baaaaarbara"

Edit: Also really nice job, OP

Mental Midget fucked around with this message at 21:56 on May 7, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 22 minutes!
Lipstick Apathy
Night of the Living Dead is public domain actually, not sure if that applies to video games as well, but the movie itself is not copyrighted.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!
I'm pretty sure Sentinel 3: Homeworld is a goon made game, or at least a goon works for the team. It's also a really great tower defense game.

SaucyLoggins
Jan 4, 2012

Panstallions For Life
What's with the lack of game categories in the game store? I mean, Racing has it's own category but basically everything else is lumped into Action or Casual. How hard could possibly be to add new categories.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Don't see it listed in the OP, but for $1 Gurk 2 is pretty darn fun. It's definitely got the "oldschool PCRPG feel" down.

(Don't let the fact that Gurk 1 is pretty boring discourage you.)

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

precision posted:

Don't see it listed in the OP, but for $1 Gurk 2 is pretty darn fun. It's definitely got the "oldschool PCRPG feel" down.

(Don't let the fact that Gurk 1 is pretty boring discourage you.)

Thanks for this, I'm killing the gently caress out of some goblins right now.

Lord Yod
Jul 22, 2009

Ok just finished categorizing the other half of the list I put together. At some point I'll try and organize them a little better but I think this'll help alleviate the 'hey I just got a phone what are some good games' posts.

Now I think I'm going to reinstall JA2 from GOG and see about porting it to my phone. I wonder if 1.13 will work?

inSTAALed
Feb 3, 2008

MOP

n'

SLOP

Civil posted:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bithack.apparatus

Apparatus is an excellent game for those of you who like to build machines out of components. Most puzzles can have multiple solutions, depending how creative (lucky) you get.

I want to like this game, but I'm so unbelievably bad at it. I got it during the 10 cent sale at the end of last year, and I hit a brick wall after like 10 or so levels.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Found an Android port of Exult, might wanna throw it under the PC Game section.

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer
First, I didn't know Refraction was made by a goon and I got it through the AOTD from Amazon. I must say, that game is a nice brain burner on the later levels.

Another suggestion for FPse. I used PSX4Droid 3.0.7 Beta when it was free and FPse worked much better than PSX4Droid. I believe the P4D that is on Play is the same one that I got for free.

Here are the video settings options of FPse Software, FPse OpenGL Render and PSX4Droid.

Sentinel 3: Homeworld($2.99) - Requires a LOT of time on your hands to play the Endless levels. To get about to wave 100 requires about 2 to 3 hours when playing at fast speed for me. After getting to wave 250+ on hard mode, I only gained about 40% of a level and I was already in the low teens. There are in-game incentives that you can buy to save time essentially. Unlock all the weapons, weapon slots, turrets, turret slots and drones($0.99). Unlock all abilities and level to max for ONE of the two commanders($0.99 x 2). Unlock all levels for the campaigns you have unlocked($1.10). Finally, you have to purchase the second campaign as it is not included($1.99). If you buy nothing but the game it's only $3. If you want to save as much time as possible and just play the game however you want to it costs $9.05. Whatever you do though, it's a fun game.

Edit: Question about emulators. I know emulators aren't illegal, but how come someone can sell the PS1 bios on the market(It's not being sold by Sony)?

SlayVus fucked around with this message at 04:30 on May 8, 2012

Munkaboo
Aug 5, 2002

If you know the words, you can join in too
He's bigger! faster! stronger too!
He's the newest member of the Jags O-Line crew!
My god... Dungeon Raid is really loving addictive.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Munkaboo posted:

My god... Dungeon Raid is really loving addictive.

I definitely agree with this.

I was hesitant to get it because I didn't think I'd like it...but now I can't seem to stop playing it.

Best $3 ever spent.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Almost 600 turns. My god. Can't stop. Must not stop.

Lord Yod
Jul 22, 2009

I just bought Gunman Clive based on the trailer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMDfq8PLfLM

Lots of brown!

Game runs pretty well on my sensation, definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a contra type game.

Tag Plastic
Jun 10, 2006

Not organic.

Vykk.Draygo posted:

I'm pretty sure Sentinel 3: Homeworld is a goon made game, or at least a goon works for the team. It's also a really great tower defense game.
Not really goon made, as I mostly deal with all the crap you don't want people with actual skills wasting their time on, but I get to have opinions and pretend I helped :v:

Joey Donuts
Feb 19, 2004

My code word will be: Endurance.
I played Hero Academy on my friend's iPhone all weekend and holy crap I can't wait until that's on Android.

rotaryfun
Jun 30, 2008

you can be my wingman anytime

Lord Yod posted:

Lots of brown!

Game runs pretty well on my sensation, definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a contra type game.

Can't wait to play this. Looks great.

Splizwarf
Jun 15, 2007
It's like there's a soup can in front of me!
Watched the trailers but didn't see anything date-wise; what's the ballpark prediction for Star Command? Looks awesome, the fires remind me of Syndicate and that's a pretty drat good :3: feeling.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Throwing out a kudos for Lil' Kingdom. Basically a Tiny Tower clone style game, but it's reversed (you build a dungeon rather than a tower). The graphics and animations are fantastic and it runs very well on my GN, and it's cute as hell.

VVVV I actually am enjoying this one more than TT, just because of the incredibly entertaining graphics and style.

CLAM DOWN fucked around with this message at 18:06 on May 8, 2012

Splizwarf
Jun 15, 2007
It's like there's a soup can in front of me!
poo poo, right after this thread gets me started on Tiny Tower last night? :argh:

e: ugh, nevermind, it's put out by Glu, and they're usually real assholes about making their games unplayable after a little while unless you buy some of their currency. I actually came in originally to post about how pleasing it was that Tiny Tower's not pushy about being a freemium game. Not being lovely about it makes me honestly a lot more likely to end up buying some scrip down the road. With Glu games it's usually very clear that you're going to have to pay just to get by when the honeymoon ends.

Splizwarf fucked around with this message at 19:56 on May 8, 2012

rotaryfun
Jun 30, 2008

you can be my wingman anytime

Lord Yod posted:

Lots of brown!

Just a quick note after playing for a minute.

The game runs really really fluid and smooth on the Galaxy Nexus. The controls are intuitive and work well. I see myself spending some time on this one.

Civil
Apr 21, 2003

Do you see this? This means "Have a nice day".

inSTAALed posted:

I want to like this game, but I'm so unbelievably bad at it. I got it during the 10 cent sale at the end of last year, and I hit a brick wall after like 10 or so levels.

The trick to me actually understanding what I was doing is knowing that all your buildables exist in 2 planes - the rear one is generally the one that the balls and goals exist in, and moving things into the "near" plane allows you to pin items, rather than just nail them together.

If you're already down with that concept, then I guess the game just isn't for you.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

rotaryfun posted:

Just a quick note after playing for a minute.

The game runs really really fluid and smooth on the Galaxy Nexus. The controls are intuitive and work well. I see myself spending some time on this one.

Unfortunately it's a little short, but it's otherwise a really great game. It keeps introducing new gameplay mechanics at the right pace, a pivotal part of game design that a ton of mobile developers miss. Gunman Clive and Bean's Quest are definitely the best original games for Android side-scroller fans.

Baldbeard
Mar 26, 2011

can anyone recommend me a good management style game (Tiny Tower, Farming, etc..) game that has more interaction with you friends? Me and my roommates are looking for something that we can actually kind of play together, be it raiding each others towns or whatever. I'm open to any style or genre actually as long as it's competitive and has a lot of social options.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

CLAM DOWN posted:

Throwing out a kudos for Lil' Kingdom. Basically a Tiny Tower clone style game, but it's reversed (you build a dungeon rather than a tower). The graphics and animations are fantastic and it runs very well on my GN, and it's cute as hell.

Oh good christ, the baby dragons. :3:

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Kyrosiris posted:

Oh good christ, the baby dragons. :3:

I KNOW RIGHT, ugh I am so addicted to this now.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

CLAM DOWN posted:

I KNOW RIGHT, ugh I am so addicted to this now.

"Hee hee, they think I'm a real dragon!" :3:

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

SlayVus posted:

Edit: Question about emulators. I know emulators aren't illegal, but how come someone can sell the PS1 bios on the market(It's not being sold by Sony)?

Sony probably just hasn't noticed yet.

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer
How can I find RPG games on the Play market? There isn't category for those under games.

Interrupt
Mar 30, 2010

SlayVus posted:

How can I find RPG games on the Play market? There isn't category for those under games.

People usually just sprinkle 'RPG' all over their description, so at least you can find it by searching.

I'm surprised there's not at least an 'Adventure' category. Where is an RPG supposed to go now, Brain? Action? Puzzle?

edit: Just checked and Delver is sitting at #77 in the 'Top Paid Arcade & Action' list, sandwiched between a football game and a racing game. An RPG, a sports game, and a racing game all in the same genre list. That makes sense.

Interrupt fucked around with this message at 20:24 on May 9, 2012

SaucyLoggins
Jan 4, 2012

Panstallions For Life
I finally bit the bullet and downloaded the Amazon App Store. Sadly the game section is considerably better than Google's. It has tons of categories including RPG. I just find the game on amazon and then d/l it on the play store.

Get your poo poo together Google! That's Microsoft level incompetence.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I'm considering uninstalling Draw Something because apparently there is a huge software update literally every two days. What the gently caress.

crumpuppet
Mar 22, 2007

ROBORT > EVERYTHING
Just caved and bought Delver. Loving it so far but I must say it would be nice to adjust some settings, especially the looking around sensitivity which is very fast at the moment. Also pausing wouldn't go amiss. Other than that it's great! Very smooth on my aging Desire HD.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM

precision posted:

I'm considering uninstalling Draw Something because apparently there is a huge software update literally every two days. What the gently caress.

Most people bitch about their apps not having enough updates.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't I guess!

Fiendish Dr. Wu
Nov 11, 2010

You done fucked up now!

precision posted:

And a new set of technical deficiencies with each update.

Civil
Apr 21, 2003

Do you see this? This means "Have a nice day".
And the fact that you're now drawing your own advertisements now that it's owned by the most evil company in gaming.

egg tats
Apr 3, 2010

Hoplosternum posted:

Great op!

I didn't see Nemo Picross in the list. It's a logic puzzle game, aka pixel puzzle. It's free, heaps of playtime & I've been addicted to it since the day I got it and at least several other goons love it too. After I finished all the puzzles, I reset it and am doing the whole thing again, in a different mode. Not sure what I'll do with my life after I've finished again:ohdear:

I've also suggested Bizzle in the past, it's a cute Korean block dropping style game. Free. I think goons would enjoy it, but not sure if anyone listened to my past recommendation.

You'll play nonomatic, probably the best picross on the entire platform, especially if you've got giant sausage fingers. It comes with a decent number of puzzles, and the puzzle packs are all rather large and worth the money.

Lil Kingdom seems to be exactly what I wanted out of Tiny Tower (tiny tower without the mobage or developers downright hostile towards the android platform).

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM

Civil posted:

And the fact that you're now drawing your own advertisements now that it's owned by the most evil company in gaming.

All companies are "evil". Even google.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Civil posted:

OMGPOP was doing that even before they were bought by Zynga.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Yod
Jul 22, 2009

gently caress yes.

Terraria is getting ported to Android

quote:

Now Terraria is being ported by a developer named Brad Gearon who is planning to bring the hit indie game over to Android. This Android version could end up being an official port of the game since Brad seems to have gotten permission to release it publicly on the market without fear of violating copyrights or anything of that nature. We are assuming he got this permission from the original Terraria developers.
So far the game looks like it is coming along quite nicely. The controls are all onscreen and so far the visuals look spot on when comparing them to the PC version. One interesting feature we found through reading the blog posts on Brad's site is that the game will be synced with Dropbox for world and player saved game storage.
As of right now we do not know when Terraria for Android, as we are calling it, will be released onto the Google Play store or for how much. We have contacted the developer and when we hear back with additional details then we will post an update.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5Q_pdrF3Iw

Also:

Trailer for Gameloft's upcoming N.O.V.A. 3 FPS:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKlKaJnbFek

• Locked thread