Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe

Splizwarf posted:

Not as a goon game unless we figure out who made it. Looks cool though, trying it myself now.

I think it was eenmachine? Its all over the ios games thread. Hes also working on a Tiny Planes game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe

illicitporpoises posted:

Another Hexage game, Robotek, gets really tedious and grindy not too far in. Even if you do buy some of the upgrades.

You know I really liked Robotek. Enough so that I bought the $1 IAP.

I'm not too far in the game and it's gotten so tedious it's not fun anymore. Since the game is based on luck - the upgrades can only help so much. If I mess up all my slot pulls - I'm still screwed. I wanted to like you Robotek =/

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe
So is there any way to get these Becausewemay deals on my kindle Fire?

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe
I've been playing ski safari lately. I. Love. That. Game. It was big in the iPhone thread for a while. What do you guys think?

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe
So I used to have an iPhone and I feel like games were always going on sale or dropping to free. Does that happen much on android? Is there a recommended app for tracking apps and sales?

I know about the amazon app of the day but it usually sucks.

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe
I used to have an iPhone and had soooooo many apps. I don't have hard evidence to point to but the play store just seems alot emptier than the iPhone app store. However I think that's more with games. Most of the "useful" apps are also on android.

Another anecdotal thing I've noticed. There seem to be more free apps on android (I presume supported by ads) than on iPhone but the apps you do pay for are more expensive. Again anecdotal but I'm curious to hear your opinions as well. Anyone recently switch from iPhone?

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe

precision posted:

Oh, well I don't pay attention to those kind of licensed/big-studio games so I wouldn't know about that. The only thing like that I've bought is Final Fantasy Dimensions.

See that's part of the issue on Android. I don't know anyone who's purchased more than maybe 1 or 2 apps on Android. The expectation is that all apps should be free. Combined with the huge variation in devices, I can see why developers both big and small are reluctant to bring their apps to the play store. And the stuff that does cost money in the play store typically costs more than $1.

In the App store I've spent over $50 on apps. Most of that was a $1 at a time. Apps also went on sale all the time or went free so I was alot more active in the store. When a $5 infinity blade or something game goes on sale for $1 I jumped on it.

I'm not sure what the point is I'm trying to make. I guess I'm just expressing my frustration with a different ecosystem / culture.

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe

FordPRefectLL posted:

I was born in 1988, am I a nazi??

I've been playing Final Fantasy Dimensions. I feel like the game could be a lot more interesting if tossing it on autobattle and doing something else every time I get into one of the huge random encounters wasn't an option. Maybe I just liked Final Fantasy when I was a kid because I wasn't as aware of what is enjoyable as I am now.

Yes please turn yourself into the authorities.

Love the new Rayman update. Can't believe I've waited this long to get it. I always thought it was an endless runner.

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe
Guys the next humble android bundle just dropped. Beat the average and get frozen synapse. You should get the bundle for that reason alone but there's also a bunch of other games including Organ Trail which I've wanted to pick up.

Get it

Edit: ah sorry on my phone and the last read post jumped down past the humble bundle comment. My bad.

Lowness 72 fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Jun 18, 2013

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe
My Dick Butts are 1-1. So...I guess you have the better name.

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe

Boiled Water posted:

I have to ask: Why not take out your phone and play it there?

It's alot more obvious you're loving around then

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe
N
Anyone still playing pocket planes?

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe

Antti posted:

Isn't Pocket Planes the game Pocket Trains was set out to be? As in, they realized Pocket Trains wasn't working so they changed it to aeroplanes instead. I haven't heard of them developing Pocket Trains.

Yes. I thought EEEN was loving with me.

But it sounds like he isn't. I'm so excited.

Any idea what quarter it's coming??? I gots to spend me some money on bucks.

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe
So I'm FINALLY playing knights of pen and paper. It's great. I love it.

I'm starting to unlock the secret classes. When should I switch over? Do I wait to start a new game? Is there a best combo? I think I remember talks of a best party but I'm not sure as I wasn't playing at the time.

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe
Speaking of Galaxy Note 2 and the stylus. Why do some games work with it and some don't? Is there a fix?

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe

SpitefulHammer posted:

Do you mean the button on the S Pen? I don't really ever use mine but I don't see why it wouldn't function stylus-wise with most games.

No the actual stylus itself. I figure it should just act as a capacitive touch but that may not be the case. Some games see the stylus as if it's my finger where other games only work with my finger.

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe

uapyro posted:

Which games? Every one I've tried has worked with my Note 2

A few examples I recently tried (though there are certainly more)

Raiden Legacy - works in the menu but not for controlling the plane

Ski safari - doesn't work at all

The Room - Doesn't work at all

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe

Corridor posted:

And now Puzzle and Dragons is demanding 100mb of free space on my device. Which didn't even exist when I bought the phone. I have several gb spare on my SD card, why aren't you using it :argh:

I thought you couldn't install apps to the sd card period. My Note 2 certainly can't.

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe

Shnooks posted:

Screw whomever suggested to put TripleTown into the OP. I almost missed my train and my train stop this morning because I was playing it. Its so addictive.

Any suggestions for similar games?

Rocket island.

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe
gently caress I tried to buy pixel defenders. It went through but the dl failed. So it made me buy it again. Just checked my email and I have two separate receipt emails so I think I was double charged. Anyone run into this? Is there a quick fix?

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe
Taken out of context - that post is pretty god drat funny.

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe

Flarestar posted:

Most of the hate for Star Command is due to heightened expectations - the game's worth the price on the market, IMO. It's not great, it certainly could've been better, and yes the recharge times start off pretty slow, but it's still a pretty decent game for what it is. *shrug*

I didn't make it past staffing my ship at the beginning. Takes an hour for people to walk anywhere.

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe
Can anyone comment on Fangz? It's on sale today and looks interesting.

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe
Not sure how many of you check the Amazon free app of the day regularly. Usually it's crap. However, the past few days have had some great apps for free.

Over the past few days they've had Carcassone, Naught, Flick Golf Extreme, Monsters ate my condo.

Today is Riptide.

I'm guessing they're doing a holiday push. Anyway - everyone should check it out for the next few weeks.

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe
Drastic is on sale for 6 bucks for anyone who was waiting for a price drop (like me). I finally picked it up.

Advanced wars on my phone? Yes please

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe
To add to Paladinus' list - everyone should be playing Pixel Dungeon. Jeezus I can't stop playing it.

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe

Kheldarn posted:

A crosspost from the iOS Games Megathread about FF6 Sprite Work:

This is brilliant! Nice catch.

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe
My problem with the Google surveys is that half the time they are terribly designed surveys. Like it will ask (1st question )

What brand of car do you own?

No choice for "I don't own a car". There's a bunch of similar questions I've received as well where I've been forced to just choose something random because the questions were terrible.

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe

Stan Taylor posted:

Oh god. Turbonerds.

Is there a pixel dungeon thread? I've been playing it lately and I feel like I'm not getting any better. I can never kill goo. Game is hard.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3602583

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe

Morpheus posted:

Can't imagine they're running, period. My friend spends all day behind a computer and uses a treadmill to get some sort of exercise in the day via speedwalking or light jogging.

I, myself, am a lazy rear end and will have none of that.

But it's kind of a shame that ACS doesn't have portrait mode - as far as I can tell the game screen is done in such a way that it'd be possible to orient everything in that manner.

Is his nickname Skeletor ?

(anyone here read Reamde?)

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe

a shameful boehner posted:

Is there any reason to hope that FTL will be ported to Android devices eventually?

I'd love to have that on my tablet to justify using it again.

I am considering buying an iPad solely for FTL. I really don't want an iPad though.

edit: It was hyperbole. I really wish they'd port it though. Heartily enjoying enhanced edition on my pc

Lowness 72 fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Apr 10, 2014

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe

eeenmachine posted:

If anyone wants to give Disco Zoo a once-over we'd appreciate it!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nimblebit.discozoo

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNNN. Hell ya I'll play this.

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe

leonje posted:

My wife couldn't find it either.

I don't suppose there's a way to sync disco zoo between my n5 and iPad is there?

In options - you can enable google sync

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe
So how many of you have played Funky Bus now?

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe

nozh posted:

So I know disco zoo is old hat now but I still enjoy it. What I don't enjoy is the data usage when I'm not connected to Wi-Fi. Can I turn off the data somehow without compromising my save file? I'm so close to the timeboni...

You can restrict background data usage

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe

Potsticker posted:

Punch Quest was pretty good.

Punch Quest

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe

eeenmachine posted:

It is Monument Valley meets Desert Golfing. Free with some interstitial video ads. Should hit Android eventually.

I love your games. This sounds awesome.

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe

explosivo posted:

Fiz is good but the interface is a little clunky sometimes. You need to learn to pause the game a lot so you don't end up wasting a bunch of time managing inventory.

There is an autopause in the options. It will pause the game when in menus unless you are brewing a beer.

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe

Chinook posted:

Perhaps the same could be said of all games. What is a game?! A miserable pile of clicking.

Yeah, its definitely like what you describe, but there is enough fun to be had deciding which upgrade to go for next, and so on.

Wasn't there a huge fight over whether or not the nimblebit games were actually games or just clicking simulators or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe

Gorgolflox posted:

I've been looking for a puzzle game like Professor Layton but without the storyline nonsense. Just a collection of cool and fun puzzles to play while I am on break at work. Does anyone have any suggestions?

I'd also be interested in this

• Locked thread