Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SaucyLoggins
Jan 4, 2012

Panstallions For Life
What's with the lack of game categories in the game store? I mean, Racing has it's own category but basically everything else is lumped into Action or Casual. How hard could possibly be to add new categories.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SaucyLoggins
Jan 4, 2012

Panstallions For Life
I finally bit the bullet and downloaded the Amazon App Store. Sadly the game section is considerably better than Google's. It has tons of categories including RPG. I just find the game on amazon and then d/l it on the play store.

Get your poo poo together Google! That's Microsoft level incompetence.

SaucyLoggins
Jan 4, 2012

Panstallions For Life
Thanks for the heads up Lord Yod. Terraria on Android is fantastic news indeed.

Lil Kingdom seems to have more to keep you busy than Tiny Tower. But both I played for a couple days before the whole... wtf am I doing with my life thoughts kick in. They're not even really games.

SaucyLoggins
Jan 4, 2012

Panstallions For Life

pixaal posted:

With the way digital stuff is I just don't get why you need a "launch date". Press the RELEASE button when the code is done and ready. There is no need to hype it up beyond taking pre-orders and saying yeah it should be ready in the next week or two.

People like dates. There is no way having a soft release period would ever work in the favor of marketing/the developer. It's like telling your kids that Christmas could come any day in the next two week period. They'd get so excited but eventually lose it and stop caring from either disappointment or from having nothing solid to look forward to.

• Locked thread