Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
That's not Samus, that's Sargent Calhoun apparently. The price-tag for characters drops significantly if you're just using them for a cameo, right? Or maybe they factor in the marketing it'll do. Basically I'm trying to minimize the cost of that stupid Villain Anonymous bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Worried that it will explicitly state at the end that it was the hand of god which sets that plane down safely, sort of like Contact or Signs. Did anyone else get that sense from the trailer?

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

kiimo posted:

Why would that worry you?

It looked good otherwise, and that always spoils my enjoyment of a film. The story of someone getting religion because of an interventionist god conjured up by special effects is the dumbest kind of preachiness.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Bowling's eternal so they should have drilled three holes in his head and tossed him at some pins. Classic prank.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

There are a lot of ersatz companies there (Yepple?) but among them, this stuck out like a sore thumb

That looks like an actual Volvo logo. Did they pay for product placement, in this of all movies?
I'm interested about the monster design too. Like a corporate, vampiric lava-lamp.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

soapgish posted:

A rational want but even if it performed as well any other time of the year, which it very well may not as people now come to expect their works at a certain time and can safely and slowly get hyped, the nominations alone are so political that it'd be like Obama running for a Chi-town suburb's city council after leaving office. They're in too deep to start doing doing spring or summer releases.

People who aren't ready at the drop of a hat to go see a Coen brothers film can go hang. I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm saying the film-going public should up their game.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Vagabundo posted:

Good to know it's going to be more like Pitch Black than the stupid bullshit that was Chronicles of Riddick.

It looks like it'll be exactly like Pitch Black. It's a shame, I really enjoyed (conceptually that is, Chronicles was a lousy film) the franchise moving from a taut action film into a sprawling space opera. It was just so inexplicable.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Did Matthew McConaughey change his agent recently? It seems like this past year or two he's been on a spree of universally interesting movies.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

You're watching Old Boy with your family?

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

I wish that was my biggest fear so I could totally set my mind at rest about it ever happening.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Looks like Titanic in togas.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A guy once yelled at me for speaking during the adverts and when the film started he took out a bag of individually wrapped toffees. I will never forgive that man.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

I Am Legend could have been a good movie if they hadn't botched the ending so badly.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

kiimo posted:

Here's our Transcendence trailer with Alcon's contribution*.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHSAbEKWRQk

*bungling counter-productive fiasco.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xg29TuWo0Yo

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Even more interesting he spends the entire film sitting down playing an old German man. Every Hardy film I've seen, even the good ones, have focused on his physique. I hope it works out for him.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

I was on the fence because I wasn't really feeling Eisenberg's performance but then Chris Morris showed up in the final second so of course I'm going to watch it.

Harminoff posted:

I just really hope that it doesn't have some fight club twist and both of them were him all along.

Of course they're both him.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Now I just need to read the book to deduce how it ends.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Deakul posted:

I was really into TMNT as a kid, loved the 80s cartoon and the live action movies.

This new one looks like total crap though, I don't see what some of you people are seeing.
Shredder looks like a mess of CGI just like the Transformers were and the turtles themselves look like horrifying creatures that were aborted during the concept design stage but they made them anyways.
And Megan Fox as April is likely one of the worst casting choices I've ever seen/

It's a kids movie and you're not a kid anymore, why would you expect to enjoy it?

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

I hope more films are made out of twitter hashtags.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

second-hand smegma posted:

Generally regarded as a classic. It won some kind of fake trailer award way back when.

I can only interpret this as the editor went out and bought himself a trophy with a custom name-plate after he hit a certain number of views.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

I, Robot Automata. To be honest I think another attempt at the source material isn't totally unwarrented.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

The MSJ posted:

She dies of old age like most of the other major characters.

After Voldemort blasts them with his latest, most lethal spell of rapid aging!

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

For some reason that trick makes me think of Metal Gear rather than Alien now.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

I guess they're shrugging off the series' fatalism and getting into the grandfather paradox?

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Hollismason posted:

Also I have to post this because it's batshit Iron Sky: The Coming Race

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NG2utrMwTyY

I admire this guy just because seriously, he's making the movies he wants to make.

Most ludicrous thing in that trailer is Sarah Palin as president.

Mr. Squishy fucked around with this message at 11:03 on Jan 15, 2015

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Was that Michael Cain?

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

How sexy young people are and we're so old!

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

muscles like this? posted:

I'm not sure how I feel about it. Like its kind of hard to tell what exactly they're going for and as presented it doesn't really make a lot of sense why Batman is fighting Superman.

I really really hope it's red kyrptonite. Or uh, one or both of them get tricked by Mr Mxyplic.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

She actually got inside the oven!

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

I would hope that Meryl Streep didn't have a child solely for a cool bit of stunt-casting in 20 years time.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Hahaha, that looks so poo poo, and also pointless.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Whenever I see a flash of Cumberbatch in those things I wonder what on earth he's doing there. Lot of Brits in the Bulger story?

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

To be honest, Obvious Mental Problems are probably the reason this film got made.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

I was thinking more A Beautiful Mind... was Bradley smart in that movie?

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

It was David Fincher... respectable.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

I'm uncomfortable with calling a different version of Macbeth a remake.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Sir Kodiak posted:

Yes, I was purposefully being silly.

We have fun.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Round the Twist movie.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

They're hamming up Bond's tiredness as a metaphor for Bond's (the franchise) tiredness. Probably. Like how every other line in Skyfall was "wow, aren't you passed it, why are you still here?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Ya it looked monochrome throughout: either sepia or black and white.

• Locked thread