Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Josh Lyman posted:

What's a better deal? The TigerDirect Zotac 560 Ti at 905MHz/4010MHz for $183 after tax, rebate and free shipping for the Newegg Zotac 560 Ti at 950MHz/4400MHz for $188 after rebate, shipping, and no tax?

Better deal is dealing as little as possible with TigerDirect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,

The Lord Bude posted:

It is, but I have always felt that there is something subtly 'off' about UE3 games. A strange, cartoony wrongness to the graphics.

It fits the theme park-esque vibe I get (and love) from Irrational's worlds, both Columbia and Rapture.

I've also asked this in a few other places, but maybe you guys know best: is it to be expected that my 7850 2GB would only be able to give me pretty much constant 60fps @ 1080p on High in Bioshock Infinite, and that V.High and Ultra would see noticeable, extended parts where performance dips at that resolution?

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,

How do I completely remove Catalyst/AMD drivers from my Windows 7 machine? I ran through the uninstall utility, there doesn't seem to be any Catalyst/AMD installations on my computer, and yet AMD Driver Detect tells me that I have the latest drivers installed and I can still run Borderlands 2 @ 1080p with everything cranked.

The reason I want to remove everything is that I want to install an old version of Catalyst because I think it may be what is causing Bioshock Infinite to not even boot on my system (goes straight to black screen and then error message). It was working fine on the 13.3 beta, but started messing up with the new 13.6 beta.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,

real_scud posted:

You mean you ran the AMD Cleanup Util and it still left something on your computer?

I just ran the uninstall for within Control Panel, not the AMD Cleanup Util... the AMD Cleanup Util cleared out everything, thanks.

That said, installed 13.3 Beta and Bioshock Infinite still gives me a black screen + error at startup. Now I have no idea why.

[edit] Apparently it has something to do with launching at full screen? Added "-windowed" to the Set Launch Options in Steam and now it boots fine, after which I can reset it to fullscreen in game... bizarre. Could this have something to do with the 2K/Irrational/AMD opening movies and if so is there a way to bypass them?

[edit 2] Disabled start up videos, still black screens at start up if I don't tell it to launch in windowed mode... bizarre.

testtubebaby fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Jun 9, 2013