Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

madsushi
Apr 19, 2009

Baller.
#essereFerrari
I just wanted to say that I managed to score an MSI 680 Twin Frozr yesterday from NewEgg (they were only up for ~15 minutes) and that it arrives today. It will be replacing my 460 and I am very excited. Hopefully this is the right thread for posting about awesome video cards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

madsushi
Apr 19, 2009

Baller.
#essereFerrari
If you have a 670/680 and you're having problems with D3, it's probably due to V-Sync/Adaptive V-Sync. I know several people who all had this issue (or you can read the 100+ page thread on the nVidia forums).

The solution is to install the 302.71 beta nVidia drivers, which aren't "officially" even released in beta yet. After installing them, I've had no issues in D3.

madsushi
Apr 19, 2009

Baller.
#essereFerrari

LittleBob posted:

So if you guys weren't satisfied with the 680's performance because you're some sort of sperglord that has to game on a 27" monitor, would opt for a second 680 and a PSU upgrade for SLI, or just suck up the cost and get a 690?

The 680 can easily power a 27" monitor. The issue was that the initial drivers sucked, and had several issues. The new drivers are like a night and day difference -- not in performance -- but in lack of stuttering and other bad effects.

madsushi
Apr 19, 2009

Baller.
#essereFerrari
My EVGA 660ti just arrived, with two loose screws floating around the box. Opened up the box, and all of the screws securing the PCB to the sheath are stripped and the two floaters had obviously fallen out completely. Just sent it back to Amazon, here's hoping the next one arrives in better shape.

madsushi
Apr 19, 2009

Baller.
#essereFerrari

Athenry posted:

69.18% (including Macs) are using a 64-bit OS according to the Steam Hardware Survey.
http://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey

So, yeah they probably should.

32-bit apps can run on both, 64-bit apps can't, so they probably shouldn't pick a platform that limits who can play their games.

Let's also remember that your average PC probably has between 1-2GB of RAM, and 64-bit would make no difference for them whatsoever.

madsushi
Apr 19, 2009

Baller.
#essereFerrari
Are you talking about nowinstock.com?

http://www.nowinstock.net/computers/videocards/nvidia/gtx780/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

madsushi
Apr 19, 2009

Baller.
#essereFerrari

Shaocaholica posted:

What display setup do you have that uses 3860 x 2070?

Probably meant 3840*2160