Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.
^ oh god that's good! [edit] It's gonna be awhile before something beats my Asus 9800 GT with a 50% overclock

Say, what ever happened to that feature where you could take a screenshot and the game'll pause and the GTX would render a 16k screenshot?

Ak Gara fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Aug 31, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

After getting sick of blower style cards I moved to the ones like MSI's Gaming X with it's 2 big fans for quiety goodness, since the new 1st party cards are already going to have non blower style fans, I wonder what the 3rd party ones will do to make me want their version. I mean, they're all reference boards so :shrug:

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

Well, if we compare by price point the 2080Ti gets compared to the Titan Xp I guess?

Which one? The Titan XP or the Titan Xp or the Titan Xpp or the Titan Xppp

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

If the 2070 Super is as powerful as a 2080, I wonder if the 2080 Super is going to make the 2080 Ti redundant? There's no news of a 2080 Ti Super is there?

2070 Super SLI looking real tempting. Also, I keep saying 2070 Supra instead.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

HalloKitty posted:

It would also legit reduce power draw. Can't remember the model, but there's an ssd with so many goddamned leds that it throttles because of their heat

While trying to find the max radiator thickness on the TT The Tower 900 I found a build someone did and their fans use over 380 watts of power.

for the loving fans.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/728114-the-tower-900-lga-2066-build/

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

betamax hipster posted:

Buy some artwork from a local artist and mount it to the inside of the glass.

gently caress cable management, stick a photo of someone elses nicer looking computer onto the inside of the glass!

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

My next system is going full water loop with cpu + gpu and I can't decide if I should get rid of my 1080 Ti and get a 2080 with waterblock or if I should risk damaging my 1080 Ti by getting and installing a waterblock myself.

I guess it depends on how big Ray Tracing is going to become vs how easy it is to install a gpu waterblock

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

buglord posted:

Here's a fun one, what is the loudest video cards you guys have ever owned?

I had dual 680 blower cards in SLI. It was great. It really made me appreciate silence and products like Noctua and MSI Gaming gpu's

Apparently the AMD R9-290X ran kinda loud?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5YJsMaT_AE

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

Maybe I'm reading it wrong but if a single 480mm radiator is listed at 2000W capacity, where the hell are my 2000W GPU's??

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

Fauxtool posted:

putting a waterblock on a gpu is not significantly harder than on a CPU. Unless you can get a good price for your 1080ti, putting it under water is probably more cost effective. Neither will see much OC benefit, just run cooler and quiet.

One of the issues with adding a waterblock is I have a non reference card, there's only like 2 that make a waterblock for it.
EK has one but not the nickel plexi version.

1080 Ti TF6

The type I would like. The GPU will be on display as the motherboard lays flat in the case I'm getting (core X9)

Although... this would go great with my Gigabyte z390 aorus ultra

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

GPU prices will always be crazy. Like, I can literally buy two RTX 2080's vs a single RTX 2080 Ti for the same price. I've tried but a guy I hired long ago keeps slapping me when I even think about SLIing again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

I think I had SLI work really well once. (I think it was minecraft) but when Doom 2016 first came out I just kept getting trouble so swapped my SLI 680 for a single 970 and got better performance.

ALTHOUGH. I'd totally buy a non working 2nd card just to add it to my water loop for the look