Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

SinineSiil posted:

Sadly no. My laptop bios doesn't let me do that.

I might just get a cheap 1GB GPU for my old desktop to play this game then.

Alternatively run it in a virtual machine where you get to set the parameters.

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

Are we taking bets on how high the temp/power/noise will get this time?

Melting point of the solder/An additional PSU/Jet taking off from inside a tumbledryer

Edit: I just realised the next line of GPUs from Nvidia has the chance to be called 1080 just as 1440 becomes the norm :v: .

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

Beautiful Ninja posted:

1440p is not anywhere close to the norm, it only represents 1% of monitors on the Steam Hardware Survey, anything above 1080p is still nearly non-existent for single monitors.

I concede. You have defeated my humor with your superior logic.

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

Where are AMD putting all those watts? 100 watts is a lot of heat.

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

Shouldn't be. I'm getting 60fps easy on an i7-870 and a gtx760, essentially ancient hardware.

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

The conversation in scene one if the card had been on: "WHAT!? I CAN'T HEAR YOU OVER THIS LEAF BLOWER!"

"WHAT!?"

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

Fat_Cow posted:

Ah, alright shows how much I know. So do I just put off playing them till they are patched to working order?

Unity might be patched somewhere in the far future but I wouldn't get my hopes up. Dying light on the other hand is very playable at 1080p 60fps at minimum settings on my 760. Bear in mind that at bare minimum settings Dying Light looks like BF4 on med/high so it's not an ugly experience.

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

It is at least partly their fault since they sold off their fabs following a long line of terrible business decisions.

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

SwissArmyDruid posted:

That chestnut is so goddamn old as to be completely irrelevant to the current discussion, and even then, it does nothing to explain TSMC's woes at 20nm.

AMD selling off spinning off their foundries into GloFo is not the goddamn problem here, why the gently caress would you even bring that up for any reason other than grasping at straws because you don't understand a single goddamn thing about what I just said?

Having directly control and oversight over your production would certainly help mitigate or resolve problems before it becomes a problem. See also: Why Intel don't have this problem.

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

If by chance you are right it may still be paranoia.

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

veedubfreak posted:

Nvidia has already said that the 980 is the full chip. The Ti would have to be a different chip. Looks like another videocardz made up picture.

They could go insane and straight to a 990 double whammy.

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

wipeout posted:

Just incase anyone is running a 750TI in a quiet system and wants more silence, the Accelero S3 has compatibility.

(Also the Accelero S1 Plus fits, too, no modification required. It has the correct mounting holes... I did this after buying an EVGA SC edition, and the fan running at a min of 40% all the time. It never hits over 65deg now, in a case with low ventilation).

Considering the low low TDP couldn't you take off the fan and leave it at that?

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

It will however dissolve rubber.

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

Assemble it while submerged in mineral oil.

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

That's kind of difficult if Apple is taking every chip made of that particular GPU :(

How is this a bad thing is AMD is supposed to live on?

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

In theory yes, but in theory being an Apple subcontractor is a really good deal.

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

And yet this was still a better deal than catering to nerds

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

The only hdmi devices I know of that still do TV-like calibration on hdmi are MacBooks.

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

FaustianQ posted:

Since this seems to be the default Nvidia thread, question VIAs upcoming 28/16nm CPUs, could Nvidia inject cash to into VIA and get a listening deal where it's VIA designed CPUs with Nvidia iGPU for use in Tegra products? Would this trigger some bullshit with Intel? If not couldn't Nvidia stealth maneuver into the x86 market by holding VIAs purse strings? Wouldn't this be pretty much VIAs big break as well?

Afaik Nvidia holds a x86 license which basically says "you can use our technology but never make a real cpu, only pcie add in cards".

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

I think I read it in the AMD thread when a discussion came up about the Intel-AMD cross license agreement (which basically fucks AMD in some impolite areas if they try to make a major move).

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

This all sounds great for possibly budging into a multi-billion dollar heavily parallelized computing market Nvidia accidentally stumbled into, but rendering prowess is still the "get the foot in the door" thing.

Wasn't this market only a thing because some nerd made a CUDA machine learning library in his bathroom?

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

repiv posted:

Interesting, the new GP100 Quadros have NVLink in a PCI-E form factor.

Hopefully us consumer plebs will get that next generation - SLI should be a lot less janky with a 40x faster interconnect :monocle:

I thought this was a non-issue except for the most hardcore of enthusiasts. Have I been mislead when told SLI was as good as dead?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

I don't know if fury is to be emulated. The vrms on that thing got obscenely hot