Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqoeVm5fZuQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

the best ff dad is the one from lr who fakes his death by wearing joke shop glasses, and #2 is the other dad from lr who does the same thing

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

I am happy with the trailer. Kinda disappointed by the absence of a release window but that sort of news does not have to come from a trailer I suppose.

Sunning
Sep 14, 2011
Nintendo Guru

Fister Roboto posted:

This sounds suspiciously like the opening to FF12.

Sounds less Romeo and Juliet by Baz Luhrmann and more Hamlet by way of Franco Zeffirelli.

Who's up for Duscae 2.0 for the next 72 hours?

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

I don't get how people prefer the original FFT translation outside of a few golden lines. Yes the newer translation is stilted and tries too hard, but at least it's comprehensible and I'd rather take a translation that makes sense but I have issues with, over the incomprehensible gobbledegook the original translation was which just happened to have like 5 funny meme lines.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I haven't played either but the examples people are posting make it sound like both translations suck

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Help Im Alive posted:

I haven't played either but the examples people are posting make it sound like both translations suck

Nah, the WotL translation is good, if a bit stilted.

If it wasn't for the PSP remake I'd never have found out what the story of FFT was about.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Attitude Indicator posted:

can't wait for FF15: Child Holding Simulator 2019!

is noctis narcoleptic? doesn't he just sleep inthe demo too?

The chance for a good nap is the only thing in the demo that ever gets Noctis remotely excited, it's great.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

epitasis posted:

I mean. they have scenes together. the one looking out at the broken arch thing, the terrible laughing scene, the one in the water. so those things happen. they are in close physical proximity to one another, this is much is true

The scene in the water is awesome!

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Terper posted:

"My son... can I have a release date?"

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Holy poo poo what an absolutely boring, pointless trailer

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I'm glad people stayed up to late to see that

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Red Suit posted:

I'm glad people stayed up to late to see that

I'm glad I didn't. I don't get what they were going for. It didn't even have voice acting, surely they must be at that point by now?

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
My guess is they wanted to set up part of the world and the relationship between Noctis and his father. Maybe their enemies just tried to assassinate the royal family and the mother was killed? Dad is sad and the narration talks about how Noctis will inherit the conflict between the countries?

I feel this might be a decent scene in context but it's not trailer material, at least not without some heavy editing.

Renoistic fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Aug 5, 2015

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
They're setting up that his dad turns into a giant gravity whale and is the final boss.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Chaotic Flame posted:

All of the characters in FFX get a lot more talkative during battle once you get the airship. They have something to say almost every battle now.

Isn't there an endgame glitch where once you enter Sin they cut waaaaay down on dialogue? Also replaces your cool airship music with silence. Makes the endgame kind of grim

pretty soft girl
Oct 1, 2004

my dead grandfather fights better than you
Decided to play through NES FF2 on a whim the other day after running into this insanely detailed guide that breaks down a bunch of mechanics that the game makes 0 reference to, in particular equipment having a D&D style spell failure %

http://guides.gamercorner.net/ffii/

It's actually a surprisingly fun 8 bit RPG when the mechanics aren't opaque to the point where you have to resort to punching yourself in the face for an hour to survive basic encounters. It's still challenging but I'm a few hours in and haven't had to do really any grinding or deal with many party wipes. I kind of wish the GBA version was mechanically closer to the NES one while better explaining it instead of just removing a bunch of the mechanics entirely, it always felt way too easy

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

Wow, Square, wow, you promote child abuse? I'm triggered. Vibrating as fast as Beef Waifu's avatar, really. Also don't hold your son in the rain, you rear end in a top hat. That's how kids catch pneumonia and narcolepsy.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Renoistic posted:

Maybe their enemies just tried to assassinate the royal family and the mother was killed? Dad is sad and the narration talks about how Noctis will inherit the conflict between the countries?

Nah. "As the stars chose the son to be their light" refers to his powers of seeing "the light of expiring souls", i.e. he's able to tell when people close to him are about to die. The "stars" are connected to the Summons, since when you unlock Ramuh, the text message that pops up says "Noctis has assimilated a new Astral Power".

Basically some gods of some kind blessed Noctis with their powers, which his dad is very upset about because this leads to come sort of cursed destiny.

Take a good look at the ending of the Duscae demo, 2:15.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

I thought that was a pretty good trailer, but because it has been so long since we've gotten to see anything new from FFXV I can't help but feel a little disappointed by it.

Hopefully they show a little bit of new gameplay stuff during the ATR.

pretend to care
Dec 11, 2005

Good men must not obey the laws too well

ImpAtom posted:

Are you playing the PS4 version? That supposedly had hosed up RNG.

Yup, it's definitely bugged in some way. I was replaying the same save repeatedly (as one is wont to do trying to get this kind of thing), and Geo would target the same exact characters and do the same exact attack each time, and each time I got a Reflect Targe.

Annoyed, I gave up, went to Monster Arena and fought a Ghost like 3 times and got a NE armor drop. Went back to kill Geo and get Anima and lo and behold, the first loving battle, he drops a Ductile Rod with NE.

Something about leaving Baaj and coming back "refreshed" the RNG on that fight. Really bizarre.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
The trailer did its job for me and drat well, if that'll be in the game and representative of what they'll show; hot drat. The storytelling I want. Long drawn out moments like that.

http://www.twitch.tv/squareenixpresents ATR Starting now

e: trailer bit, first scene in the story?

1) armstice signed
2) lucis goes to see Luna for the marriage, before the (signing?) ceremony
3) peace offer is nothing more than a ruse to lower the shield of Luc's place
4) crown city + crystal taken, notcis learns on the way that he his pops and wife are said dead
5) noctis starts off with his friends?

Lots of work making Luna such a good character that she'll make up for Lightning being poo poo

Q: Airships? A: We're still looking into it (technical reasons)
Internally proved that an airship flying higher than a bird can be implemented
Really wanting to have a fully functional airship in the game
Understanding that many want it, wanting to meet demands of players

Q: Memorable FF15 villain, will we see one like other FF games? A: Information will come at a time in the future about this character, cannot reveal anything but, "he's not going to be beaten by any previous villains, he's going to top all of them"

Q: Playable demo? A: Still doing that, we did not forget. Finalized content to put into it. Final game promotional plans finalized. Goal is to reach fans existing and those not yet fans. Playable demo is important in that goal. Set release date, wait a little longer. Absolutely have not forgotten about it.

In-development footage being shown, live captured,

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Aug 5, 2015

pretend to care
Dec 11, 2005

Good men must not obey the laws too well

Mirificus posted:

Are you playing the PS4 version?

Sorry missed this when quoting the other guy, but yeah. Guess it's a little bit buggy. More details in a reply up there ^^^

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants
Sounds like we're still not getting FFXV any time soon.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

DQ11 is going to come out before FFXV

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

PAX Prime then TGS for the next showings of FF15 and ATR

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Aug 5, 2015

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Due to popular response to Duscae, FF15 will be released episodically/in early access.

Through some twisted form of project management, FF16 is released in full before the final episode of FF15.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Booze confirmed for FFXV

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

MrLonghair posted:

Q: Memorable FF15 villain, will we see one like other FF games? A: Information will come at a time in the future about this character, cannot reveal anything but, "he's not going to be beaten by any previous villains, he's going to top all of them"

did they forget that caius ballad is the most powerful character ever

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

corn in the bible posted:

That's Toriyama's nonsense.

I was actually curious and looked it up. This game isn't being directed by Toriyama or written by Watanabe. It might turn out to be a whole different beast from XIII. I think the last FF Nojima wrote was X. Well, not counting spinoffs. Then again, he's also writing FFVII Remake so FFXV is definitely gonna take forever to come out.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Caius turns into 3 different Bahamuts.

A FF7 character with the right summon materia can summon 3 different Bahamuts.

Summoning 3 Bahamuts against Safer Sephiroth barely makes a dent. Therefore Safer Sephiroth is better than 3 different Bahamuts and Sephiroth is stronger than Caius.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

corn in the bible posted:

This is hosed up, if the FFXV bad guy is stronger than Caius.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

But Lightning is stronger than Caius

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

She never kills him, he just chooses to retire because he is bored.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

In Training posted:

Can you blame him? He was fighting Lightning in one timeline and Serah and Noel in another. This being XIII-2 he was probably up to something in another dozen timelines as well. I'd be bored too.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?

In Training posted:

That's the excuse he made up so Lightning would stop beating his rear end.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Lightning is actually the badguy (postop)

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

NikkolasKing posted:

That's Toriyama's nonsense.

I was actually curious and looked it up. This game isn't being directed by Toriyama or written by Watanabe. It might turn out to be a whole different beast from XIII. I think the last FF Nojima wrote was X. Well, not counting spinoffs. Then again, he's also writing FFVII Remake so FFXV is definitely gonna take forever to come out.

There's nothing nonsense about it. Caius Ballad is the strongest character in the Final Fantasy franchise.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

fronz posted:

There's nothing nonsense about it. Caius Ballad is the strongest character in the Final Fantasy franchise.

And Lightning is the creator of our universe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
Watch the party fighting or rather immediately getting wiped by a Marlboro! (From the dev build)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQdoyQiUuMM