Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
sir please

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost

Baal posted:

sir please

Jenova is actually Mwynn, which means Sephiroth a fal'cie. Cloud and Zack are infused with cells from Project S, with the S actually standing for Sin.

Varance fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Aug 31, 2015

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

ImpAtom posted:

They don't actually look very similar beyond being designed by the same character designer, even in that photoshop .:ssh:

They also wear the same clothes if you bought the DLC.

Tempo 119
Apr 17, 2006

FF8 >> FF8

Sunning
Sep 14, 2011
Nintendo Guru

Meridian posted:

Is it possible that anyone is still excited for this game? Good lord.

Attitude Indicator posted:

there's no way ff15 is coming out any time soon if they still need 6 months just to determine when it might be done.

I think they'll get it out by late 2016 even if it means cutting out features, such airships, side quests, or a same date PC port. In the transition from Versus XIII to XV (and Nomura to Tabata) we saw the game drop features, such as multiple playable characters, in order to get some semblance of shippable product.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
They announced a date to announce the release date because they are still scoping the possibility of just porting FF15 into the Just Cause engine so you can zipline your car or airship to behemoths.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Is there any concrete reason to believe FFXV will actually be a good game when it releases

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Pureauthor posted:

Is there any concrete reason to believe FFXV will actually be a good game when it releases

No, but equally there's no concrete reason to believe it will be a bad game. The demo was fun.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Pureauthor posted:

There's no concrete reason to believe anything is good, ever

Life is nothing, a void... time, without meaning...

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Pureauthor posted:

The demo was fun.

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Attitude Indicator posted:

there's no way ff15 is coming out any time soon if they still need 6 months just to determine when it might be done.

You are not understanding how software development works. They don't need 6 months to determine when it "might" be done. They already have that projected date in mind and have probably had one for quite a long time now.

What they want is 6 more months before they are willing to announce a specific public release date. That is a completely different animal and given the history of this game's development it should be no surprise to anyone that SE wants to feel extremely certain about that date before announcing it. It isn't like so many other AAA games which announce release dates and there is at least a small accepted possibility that the date might be delayed. The impact that FF XV will experience if it delays a release date after being publicly announced will carry with it much more damage to the game and brand than what is usually experienced in this industry. They are making the right decision by waiting until they are as certain as they possibly can be save for announcing the date like a week before it hits the shelves.

Pureauthor posted:

In addition to the positive feedback from the demo, it has been made quite clear that they are taking constructive criticism seriously and are making changes based on that criticism. That plus iirc another demo is coming?

Xavier434 fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Aug 31, 2015

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Pureauthor posted:

There is a demo out for the game so you can at least judge part of it based off that.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!

Baal posted:

vii's not a sequel to x

shinra's descendants invent spirit energy as a power source > space travel > they leave spira > 1000 years after FFX they settled on the Planet > they found shinra power > farplane tech adapted to lifestream > mako

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
You know what? I'm calling it here. Regis will turn out to be the real villain at the very end and Noctis will have to fight his dad and it turns out this is all a ploy to get rid of the invisible giant gods and Noctis will have to hold his dying dad in his arms and yell the Japanese equivalent of no. Cue rain. Actually, I take it back, it'll be raining when they fight, and in the end a single ray of light will come back from the sky. THEN, cue sad J-rock.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
Or it'll just go patented FF batshit at the end and just have Noctis and crew fighting themselves from the future as they try to stop the planet from hurtling into the sun. Or just Necron again.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Free Space: The final boss theme will include ominous latin chanting.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Terper posted:

There's no concrete reason to believe anything is good, ever

Life is nothing, a void... time, without meaning...

*synth violin music starts playing as the final boss fight against Terper starts*

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Cake Attack posted:

*synth violin music starts playing as the final boss fight against Terper starts*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWYJsTfahoA

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Can the final boss just be a traffic accident on the way to the beach, and they need defeat Ifrit to put out the fire and roll credits as they pull up.

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Rirse posted:

Can the final boss just be a traffic accident on the way to the beach, and they need defeat Ifrit to put out the fire and roll credits as they pull up.

Do this except have the player press a random button every 8 seconds to drive forward for 3 seconds before you stop. The player needs to do this for 2 hours to get to the beach or else they don't unlock newgame+.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Free Space: The final boss theme will include ominous fake latin chanting.

Fixed that for you.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

i remember when fabula nova crystallis was revealed, the very first thing people noticed was that they mistranslated the latin words

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Actually, FF10 is a sequel to FF7

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Actually the official timeline splits depending on whether or not Cloud used a Phoenix Down on Aerith.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

fronz posted:

Actually, FF10 is a sequel to FF7

Both are sequels to Chrono Trigger, it's true. Also Xenogears too since Lucca shows up there.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
Is there any way to turn off the voice acting in Final Fantasy X? Tidus's voice is really annoying me and taking me out of the game. I've looked for an option but can't find it.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

No

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

theblackw0lf posted:

Is there any way to turn off the voice acting in Final Fantasy X? Tidus's voice is really annoying me and taking me out of the game. I've looked for an option but can't find it.

it's called the mute button

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Is this one of those creepy Japanese commercials where they take fat, ugly people and make them pose like the games they're advertising? That ad for the new Ace Attorney game where a morbidly obese guy is the stand-in for the PC was weird.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

The White Dragon posted:

Is this one of those creepy Japanese commercials where they take fat, ugly people and make them pose like the games they're advertising? That ad for the new Ace Attorney game where a morbidly obese guy is the stand-in for the PC was weird.

Good christ man, it's just a photo at Pax with a fan.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I would like to see that ace attorney ad though

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I didn't know what was a sequel to what so I bought a $40 book to tell me what to think about video games

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

A Steampunk Gent posted:

I didn't know what was a sequel to what so I bought a $40 book to tell me what to think about video games

You didn't need to pay $40 to know that FF10 is a sequel to FF7

The Gentlemieu
Jan 1, 2013
Soiled Meat

fronz posted:

You didn't need to pay $40 to know that FF10 is a sequel to FF7

Well if you had just read the datalog...

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

The Gentlemieu posted:

Well if you had just read the datalog...

I hope there's a datalog in the remake and that is the only way to find out what the code to the safe is

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

I'm just going to leave this here, as my week disappears.

http://www.romhacking.net/utilities/1143/

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!

Rirse posted:

There will be a minigame that is just a straight copy of Desert Bus. You have to drive eight real-time hours in a perfectly straight line through a desert, except your car slightly veers to the left. Finishing it will earn you the "Drive Pro" key item that doesn't do anything. There will also be a trophy for completing this.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
I thought you were all joking around when saying that X is a sequel to VII...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Truly we are The Last of Us.