Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

mandatory lesbian posted:

it always strikes me as weird when people ask how clothes stay in place in a game where spells that control gravity exist

Gravity spells cost MP though so she better have a lot of ethers handy when out in public.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
It's held up by that thing Lightning used in the intro to 13

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

it always strikes me as weird when people ask how clothes stay in place in a game where spells that control gravity exist

Lulu doesn't know gravity :colbert:

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Augus posted:

Lulu doesn't know gravity :colbert:

so what, maybe she just knows enough to not have her clothes fall off

it's magic, just roll with it

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
In my experience Record Keeper is an order of magnitude less scummy than Brave Exvius and Mobius re: transparently coveting your wallet. There is definitely still gacha shenanigans but you can get by quite comfortably as a free player.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I got really bored with record keeper considering how much you have to do before anything interesting happens with the combat. Exvious and Mobius both gives some actual menu choices which makes them more engaging, and I liked that Exvious was a full game on a phone and the content seems to be perfectly doable with free stuff which is what I consider good.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

I'm enjoying the spell animations in FF2 gba

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

Varance posted:

Title is Dissdia Opera Omnia. Turn-based RPG featuring a cast from all the FF games. Getting a 3-D Record Keeper vibe from the initial video. iPhone/Android.

I'm already convinced that my wallet will bleed from this one. And yeah, it has a gacha. Confirmed already.
Beta Registration for the JP version gets you Seymour, Terra and Mog right out of the gate.

OK, I'M SOLD. gently caress you, gently caress all of you, I don't give a poo poo about Brave Dongsvius, Record Cukper, or All the Butz, but I love Dissidia and I'm getting this. The Spiritus design looks fine, you loving goons. I'm gonna spend SOO MUCH MONEY on this, I'm already hhype, I'm getting hype right now, let's go, let's go, oh yeah, this is sooo goooooood. Aaah, I'm so excited for a new Dissidia!

That being said, I don't agree with it being a turn based game, because Dissidia isn't really that at all, despite the two PSP games having a (garbo) RPG system in place because somehow they thought it would work, but a full fledged fighting game being on the phone would probably be a hassle for everybody, both devs and players, so whatev. I hope the story is EVEN MORE ridiculous.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Complaining about bizarre character design is 25% of the fun of this thread.

The other 75% is complaining about the games, complaining about the staff, and complaining about Gologle.

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost
For those wondering, Mobius is a direct sequel to FF1. The reason why the world is dying? Direct result of Warrior of Light breaking Garland's time loop.

FF1, Dissidia and Mobius take place in the same universe. Mobius is the bridge between FF1 and Dissidia. You'll understand a bit more when the crossover events start coming.

Gameplay-wise, it's FF13 with a twist. Paradigm Shifts are a thing and will be coming down the pipe in due time. See: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBEooIk2ahA

Varance fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Aug 28, 2016

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
the ending of FF1 says everythings cool tho, this is bullshit

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
well, other then the warriors of light being completely forgotten, that's sad

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Nap Ghost

the ending of FF1 says everythings cool tho, this is bullshit
The ending of FF13 says everything is cool as well, but...

Screwing with time and space has funny effects on reality.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3

Varance posted:

For those wondering, Mobius is a direct sequel to FF1. The reason why the world is dying? Direct result of Warrior of Light breaking Garland's time loop.

FF1, Dissidia and Mobius are take place in the same universe. Mobius is the bridge between FF1 and Dissidia. You'll understand it a bit more when the crossover events start coming.

Gameplay-wise, it's FF13 with a twist. Paradigm Shifts are a thing and will be coming down the pipe in due time. See: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBEooIk2ahA

I don't know if you're lying specifically to spite me so I'll pick up Mobius, but if you are, that makes you a stone cold monster man.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Do FFRK or Möbius do well on tablets?

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Nap Ghost

Toshimo posted:

Do FFRK or Möbius do well on tablets?

RK does fine on most devices. Mobius is one of the most graphically intensive titles on the smartphone market and requires something med to high end from the last 2-3 years to run well.

That said, you can also run it on a PC under Nox or Bluestacks. And it looks fantastic. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0huxqOkA6Xc

Varance fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Aug 27, 2016

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

What's with Square and retconning unambiguously happy endings to actually be really lovely things that ruined everything?

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Augus posted:

What's with Square and retconning unambiguously happy endings to actually be really lovely things that ruined everything?

Worst was 10-2 ruining things by deciding Tidus deserves to be alive.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Mega64 posted:

Worst was 10-2 ruining things by deciding Tidus deserves to be alive.

Yeah his waterbirth at the end of X was... I guess not meant to symbolize his return?

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Nap Ghost

Augus posted:

Mobius was largely created by former The Last Remnant (Unreal Engine experience) and FF13 devs (reassigned after Lightning Returns), as a project to see if Square Enix could put mainline FF production values into a mobile game (yes, you can). That should tell you all you need to know.

If you've played through either The Last Remnant or the 13 trilogy, Mobius will both sound and feel familiar.

... especially when the FF13 event hits: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPtLqnbmuHo

Edit: If you want to spoil the hell out of yourself, here's a video of a major Chapter 3 event that we don't have yet: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9-JDdDL-8M

Varance fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Aug 27, 2016

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
I still don't believe you're telling the truth because I haven't seen anything that substantiates your claim.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Mega64 posted:

You could probably waste an entire day asking questions about Marteria's design. Like, why is she wielding a staff when she has six swords on her back? Wouldn't using gears for heels be extremely dangerous? How the hell do the dress and crown stay up?

Still not as many "WTF" design choices as Luso though.
I see her crown as a literal can of worms in a still image.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Is Mobius a bunch of free to play bullshit. Because I wouldnt mind a game that has paradigm shifting on my phone.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Varance posted:

Mobius was largely created by former The Last Remnant (Unreal Engine experience) and FF13 devs (reassigned after Lightning Returns), as a project to see if Square Enix could put mainline FF production values into a mobile game (yes, you can). That should tell you all you need to know.

that game is doomed from the start

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It is a mobile game, so yes

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Baal posted:

It is a mobile game, so yes

I hate mobile gaming

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
mobile gaming revenue is what lets us have big budget video games. therefore i am ok with mobile gaming

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

mobile gaming revenue is what lets us have big budget video games. therefore i am ok with mobile gaming

Big games existed before mobile gaming.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Pyroxene Stigma posted:

Big games existed before mobile gaming.

Big games were dirt cheap to make compared to today

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
FFRK was fun for a while but all the later difficulty stuff boils down to "have these exact skills from gacha or you're megafucked" and the game had a really bad issue for me where there was a 3s delay between every animation for some loving reason, no matter what device I used.

but..

Aw poo poo, it's fuckin' Yda!

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I'm rooting for Mystic Quest characters. Benjamin was in Theatrhythm so it's possible.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rt4Y-mYU3Zk

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Man, I'm pretty sure I fought to this song in Xenoblade Chronicles X.

Black Mage Knight
Jan 25, 2012

stop biting my cape
Part of Dissidia Arcades OST is currently on iTunes, btw. So if you want to jam out to MASSIVE EXPLOSION on the regular you can pay money for it (I did).

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Nap Ghost

Black Mage Knight posted:

Part of Dissidia Arcades OST is currently on iTunes, btw. So if you want to jam out to MASSIVE EXPLOSION on the regular you can pay money for it (I did).

Or you can listen to it for free on Takeharu Ishimoto's Soundcloud page, which has half of the the official soundtrack and a couple of the newer songs released since the OST came out:

https://soundcloud.com/takeharu-ishimoto/sets/dissidia-final-fantasy

Bonus: The DFF arrangement of Ominous Prognisticks (boss theme) from the FF14 Heavensward OST:

https://soundcloud.com/takeharu-ishimoto/arrange-from-final-fantasy-xiv

Varance fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Aug 28, 2016

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Varance posted:

Or you can listen to it for free on Takeharu Ishimoto's Soundcloud page, which has half of the the official soundtrack and a couple of the newer songs released since the OST came out:

https://soundcloud.com/takeharu-ishimoto

What the gently caress is this version of Ominous Prognisticks :laffo:

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Nap Ghost

kirbysuperstar posted:

What the gently caress is this version of Ominous Prognisticks :laffo:

Should have heard it performed live last night during the tournament. :catdrugs:

Edit: Actually, you can: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMrmFT8sJno&t=745s

Also, MASSIVE EXPLOSION live: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMrmFT8sJno&t=1518s

While I'm at it, Mobius occasionally puts up a pretty good fight for the buttrock crown: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnDfmI2v3iY&t=88s

Varance fucked around with this message at 09:53 on Aug 28, 2016

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

I like how we just left a bunch of people in the Leviathan

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Tae posted:

Big games were dirt cheap to make compared to today

Maybe if they stopped caring about pore counts on skin textures and throwing enough money at advertising to feed and clothe a few African nations that wouldn't be the case.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Varance posted:

FF1, Dissidia and Mobius are take place in the same universe. Mobius is the bridge between FF1 and Dissidia. You'll understand it a bit more when the crossover events start coming.

I wish the game was more forgiving when it comes to the grindy bullshit because I really like what I played up until I hit that wall early on.