Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

FFXIV is the only game I've ever paid a subscription for and it's been well worth it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavelcade
Dec 9, 2015

I'm actually a boy!

mandatory lesbian posted:

i see you've never interacted with real life conservatives before

In reality this is how most people deal with global warming though. It sucks but i gotta drive my car to work and meat is tasty so I'll still eat that. It sucks but I gotta live now, let someone else deal with it is a pretty accurate portrayal of most people.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Cavelcade posted:

In reality this is how most people deal with global warming though. It sucks but i gotta drive my car to work and meat is tasty so I'll still eat that. It sucks but I gotta live now, let someone else deal with it is a pretty accurate portrayal of most people.

i'm talking about how people who outright deny global warming exist

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

"The planet is dying" is something most people have no reason to know about because the only people who really know about it are crazy people living in Cosmo Canyon who believe that Shinra is using Grandama's Soul to power your toaster.

The crazy people are right but I assume most people don't even know it.

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

most people not believing in mako is bad is the most realistic thing in FF history.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

voltcatfish posted:

even Random Insignificant Dungeons in Heavensward have really loving good music

like Poison Ivy

And Great Gubal's really chill Library Musak

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

mandatory lesbian posted:

i'm talking about how people who outright deny global warming exist
You do understand that even if 100% of all scientists agree that something is happening, does not count as actually doing science, right? It is getting colder and will start snowing mako in a few months while they pat each other on the back about Jenovasday.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I hope summoning Ifrit isn't bad for the environment

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Doomtrain may always be on time, but its long summon can't be good for the environment.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

I mean, I love The Black Mages and the Earthbound Papas, but let's be honest: if you've ever seen footage from one of their concerts, a more appropriate smiley would be :bahgawd: with the :black101: axe instead of the shaking fist

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

The White Dragon posted:

I mean, I love The Black Mages and the Earthbound Papas, but let's be honest: if you've ever seen footage from one of their concerts, a more appropriate smiley would be :bahgawd: with the :black101: axe instead of the shaking fist

https://youtu.be/RdldFfsJc98?t=44m10s

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

ImpAtom posted:

"The planet is dying" is something most people have no reason to know about because the only people who really know about it are crazy people living in Cosmo Canyon who believe that Shinra is using Grandama's Soul to power your toaster.

Who the gently caress is Grandama? Is this a Japanese cartoon thing?

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
the brotherhood anime did a good job familiarizing me with the party members, but man the world setting is so boring and the main villain (from the spoilers which sound pretty true) seems pretty lame

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Gologle posted:

Yes.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Gologle posted:

It's short for Grand Admiral Adama.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Is that Jon Stewart's dad?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

RatHat posted:

Is that Jon Stewart's dad?

No no, he's a animal-clone imbued with Jon Stewart's dads memories from the alternate timeline where Samantha Bee died trying to gather seashells on the seashore.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Gologle posted:

You're the weeb, you tell us.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

Barudak posted:

No no, he's a animal-clone imbued with Jon Stewart's dads memories from the alternate timeline where Samantha Bee died trying to gather seashells on the seashore.

No, you can't leave us hanging with that, you have to tell us what episode that is from.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Augus posted:

Every numbered final fantasy game (and a solid amount of the non-numbered ones) has good music, sorry nerds.

This is absolutely true and even bottom-tier FF12 is still totally decent all things considered.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

ImpAtom posted:

Also Barret used to be a coal miner before Shinra shut them down in favor of clean, efficient mako power.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Just started chapter 2 in Final Fantasy Tactics. Finally got my Lancer and my Ninja after the first battle, and I'm level 14. Will I be fine just using the starter characters for a while, or should I expect to swap out with some story guys? Also, is there any job that I can use effectively while also using my monk skills? Might want to branch out eventually. Lastly, I'm wondering if I should stay lancer or go to samurai?

Im surprised how much I'm enjoying this game. Grinding doesn't feel like a grind, and watching my team grow is really satisfying.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

Die Laughing posted:

Just started chapter 2 in Final Fantasy Tactics. Finally got my Lancer and my Ninja after the first battle, and I'm level 14. Will I be fine just using the starter characters for a while, or should I expect to swap out with some story guys? Also, is there any job that I can use effectively while also using my monk skills? Might want to branch out eventually. Lastly, I'm wondering if I should stay lancer or go to samurai?

Im surprised how much I'm enjoying this game. Grinding doesn't feel like a grind, and watching my team grow is really satisfying.
You can stick with your starter team all the way to the end if you want, aside from a couple of super rough patches (make a separate save before entering Riovanes Castle, I'm warning you now) FFT never gets super hard. You might want to, though, since a lot of the special characters (like Agrias, for example) are bonkers powerful and can be any of the generic classes in addition to their unique class.

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

I'LL PUNISH YOU ACCORDING TO YOUR CRIME

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

You can stick with your starter team all the way to the end if you want, aside from a couple of super rough patches (make a separate save before entering Riovanes Castle, I'm warning you now) FFT never gets super hard. You might want to, though, since a lot of the special characters (like Agrias, for example) are bonkers powerful and can be any of the generic classes in addition to their unique class.

This is especially true for Cid, when he joins you you've pretty much won the game already.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

bloodychill posted:

This is absolutely true and even bottom-tier FF12 is still totally decent all things considered.

It's true, I mean I'll poo poo talk it hard but speaking objectively? It's not like it's a poorly-made game.

Just the wrong man for the wrong job. Come on Bethesda, make my Hitoshi Sakimoto x Elder Scrolls dream come true :allears:

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Vichan posted:

This is especially true for Cid, when he joins you you've pretty much won the game already.
People say that, but I still had a hard time with the game when he is fighting monster encounters.

Fister Roboto posted:

Also Barret used to be a coal miner before Shinra shut them down in favor of clean, efficient mako power.
Mako being green energy and Shinra being the evil Big Green Energy provider, would have been a good slap at Liberal thinking, if the game came out this decade.

Scalding Coffee fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Sep 26, 2016

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

I finally got round to watching that WoFF trailer and I really want it now.

also it had one of those wheeldudes from VI doing donuts which is just great

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

Gentlegoons, I ask this of you: How do you all pronounce the surname Beoulve?

I insist it's bay-OOLVE but my friend thinks it's BEE-oolvuh.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

You are correct good sir

I have not actually checked, but if it's different that's hosed up and wrong

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrENuxiu8MU&t=1204s

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

I went digging and his Japanese name (from the Dissidia site) is ベオルブ, which is like "beh", certainly closer to "bey" than "bee".

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Vanderdeath posted:

The same way a medieval Frenchman might pronounce Beowulf.

Which is weird, because there's already a character named Beowulf.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Fister Roboto posted:

The same way a medieval Frenchman might pronounce Beowulf.

Which is weird, because there's already a character named Beowulf.

He's a distant cousin of Ramza Beowulf's that no one talks about. You know, has a thing for dragons and all that, so not really something the Beowulf clan wants to be associated with.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

woah what the heck did they make you a mod of

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Misery itself (i.e. GBS once it reboots).

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

What did you ever do to deserve that?

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

:rip:

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Vanderdeath posted:

I prefer the first pronunciation because then you can just call him Bae.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Fister Roboto posted:

What did you ever do to deserve that?

I blame the FF9 LP.

FactsAreUseless posted:

Fun fact: I once suggested you to Ralp and ZDR as moderator for GBS.

FactsAreUseless posted:

I thought your ability to commit to long-term projects like an LP would be valuable, so... application withdrawn.

Then I resumed it, and...welp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

[Queen Brahne laughing]