Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Dra Cusadrehk Yfvim Vunisc > Teclicceuh > Kysac > Vehym Vyhdyco Sakydrnayt: Ajano kysa ec dra funcd kysa eh dra caneac.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Ah poo poo I forgot to get that al bhed primer on the ship at the start of the game you can never get again

Now I'll never know what e translates to itt

:smith:

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Man I've lost the Yunalesca fight so many times I've got this quote burned into my memory

"Huf! Drec ec ed! Huf ec dra desa du lruuca! Tea yht pa vnaa uv byeh un meja yht vekrd ouin cunnuf! Huf ec dra desa du cryba ouin cduneac! Ouin vyda ec eh ouin ryhtc! "

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

E's Lybdyeh Basch fon Ronsenburg uv Dalmasca! Tuh'd pameaja Ondore'c meac!
Wait, wrong game.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
Oh, I thought that was the actual English script of FF12 :v:

johnnyonetime
Apr 2, 2010

Occupation posted:

Ah poo poo I forgot to get that al bhed primer on the ship at the start of the game you can never get again

You can go back and get that Primer I after you get the airship. However it's moved to the Bikanel Desert and it's just to the right of that save sphere by the oasis.

I actually went through this go round in FFX HD Remaster and got all the primers :toot:

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Occupation posted:

That one should show up again in the Bikanel Desert.

The only truly missable ones are the 3 in Home and the one in the Priest's passage after the Wedding Scene.

e:Paydah, pid E ryja ehvu uh seccypma uhac!

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax
Good god I have to play SO much Blitzball to get this drat Jupiter poo poo. It's a total cakewalk when I'm not playing the Psyches, but the Psyches are just a huge roadblock until I can effectively eliminate Nimrook or whatever.

I'm auctioning off their players as soon as they become available, but they never drop Nim. I've only just got status reels so I think I have...three more seasons to play before I can finish Wakka's celestial weapon...? Sigh...

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

BottledBodhisvata posted:

Good god I have to play SO much Blitzball to get this drat Jupiter poo poo. It's a total cakewalk when I'm not playing the Psyches, but the Psyches are just a huge roadblock until I can effectively eliminate Nimrook or whatever.

I'm auctioning off their players as soon as they become available, but they never drop Nim. I've only just got status reels so I think I have...three more seasons to play before I can finish Wakka's celestial weapon...? Sigh...

I'm not sure if this is true or not, but I read in one guide that at team will be less likely to re-sign a player if you scout whoever you're looking to get, cheese it in exhibition against that team until the player you want has one game left on their contract, then go scout that player again, then play exhibition one more time. Might be total BS, but I'm not that into blitzball, so I've been going the 'easy route' to try and get his stuff.

I finally got the sun sigil. Game got so much easier for me when it clicked that, yeah, the birds swoop in pairs at you or the trainer, but if you're too close to her (or in a straight line ahead of her on the last part), they'll probably hit you. I felt pretty dumb. Then I felt dumber when I realized I never grabbed the sun crest :downs:

LadyPictureShow fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Apr 18, 2014

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

I posted about this on an earlier page, but if you abuse the Reset Data option properly, you can get the overdrives and the sigil in 26 games total (less if you get seeded in one or both of the tournaments).

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

If you really want a player off the team, play games until they have one game left. Save, enter an Exhibition match, forfeit, and reset until the team doesn't sign the player up again. I think it's pretty random, considering in a Tournament the Psyches dropped Brother even though he was their star player (Tied with Tidus for top scores) at the moment.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

Instant Grat posted:

I posted about this on an earlier page, but if you abuse the Reset Data option properly, you can get the overdrives and the sigil in 26 games total (less if you get seeded in one or both of the tournaments).

What's Reset Data do?

Systematic System
Jun 17, 2012

What's Reset Data do?

Returns all players to level 1, and shuffles the prizes for winning stuff.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

Systematic System posted:

Returns all players to level 1, and shuffles the prizes for winning stuff.

But...but my levels!!!!!

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Resetting levels does have some advantages, there are players with better stats at low levels compared to high levels, or they fill different rolls.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE
It also restores all the teams to their default configurations. So you reset data, go hire players that are good at low levels, win the stuff, and next time you need something from a league, reset data again until it shows up as a prize.

No reason to do it for tournaments - repeatedly entering and exiting the blitzball menu will periodically make new tournaments with new prizes appear.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Well I may never dodge the lightning 200x or get a 0:0:0, but I did win the first blitz ball match, so I got that going for me. Wish there was a scene rubbing it into those rear end in a top hat's faces.

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

KDdidit posted:

Well I may never dodge the lightning 200x or get a 0:0:0, but I did win the first blitz ball match, so I got that going for me. Wish there was a scene rubbing it into those rear end in a top hat's faces.

I was pissed until I saw the scene where Wakka leaves has him giving the Aurochs the trophy. That was pretty solid.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
you also got a extra strength sphere. plus 4 strength does make a difference that early on.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Instant Grat posted:

It also restores all the teams to their default configurations. So you reset data, go hire players that are good at low levels, win the stuff, and next time you need something from a league, reset data again until it shows up as a prize.

No reason to do it for tournaments - repeatedly entering and exiting the blitzball menu will periodically make new tournaments with new prizes appear.

On the other hand, the Psyches get Nimrook back. :smith:

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av
I am responding to some day-old posts here, sorry, but it seems they weren't answered adequately in follow-up comments.

Schwartzcough posted:

So Sony is dumping all its Square Enix stock (which is to say, a lot). Although it looks like it's more because Sony needs money than because of any loss of confidence in SE. Or maybe both.

Sony is struggling financially and I doubt it has anything to do with SE. If anything they're selling it because it's liquid. Equity investments are usually one of the first things to go when a company is looking to raise cash as they're much more fungible than say a television factory.

Dr Pepper posted:

So Blitzball has to be in the running for worst introduction to a concept ever. Once you shed the terrible, horrible default players it can be pretty fun.

Too bad that so many people's introduction to it was a forced game in which you're incredibly outclassed.

I was just saying this to my wife a couple nights ago. I think a lot more people would like blitzball if your first game made you feel awesome, rather than making you feel like a useless piece of poo poo. Everyone gets the idea that the whole game is like the canned one and just says gently caress it. Like, why not make the game relatively even if you don't have Jecht Shot; Jecht Shot should be an I Win button if you went to the trouble of getting it (and I mean normally, not abusing the net glitch).

Barudak posted:

Its an immediate 47 million USD in Sony's pocket and despite selling 7 million PS4s they are still bleeding money while they restructure.

I'm assuming there is nobody who could purchase enough of this stock to make a go at changing SE's direction.

It's about $160mm in their pocket, $47mm is just the profit.

Square has a market cap of about $2.4bn, so they're very much in reach of larger game publishers and/or general media companies. EA for example has an $8.5bn market cap, and Activision is worth over $20bn. Square's actually a really interesting target right now because if FFXIV continues to grow at its current rate it could quickly be worth more than Square's current market cap alone, never mind the other IP.

Tucked In The Cut
Nov 15, 2006

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'd rather brush my teeth
with a rusty razor
than front and bullshit
with all you fakers

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If I play ff8 and don't turn every enemy into a card, how hard will the game be? I'm not planning on doing any extra grinding, and I miss killing guys like normal.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
Without gaming the system, i recall FF8 having a very smooth difficulty curve.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Tucked In The Cut posted:

If I play ff8 and don't turn every enemy into a card, how hard will the game be? I'm not planning on doing any extra grinding, and I miss killing guys like normal.

The game is never really hard. Just get good Junctions and I can't really think of anything that will be a big problem unless you get ambushed by a Malboro or something.

Carding everything is just to make the entire game a joke.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

ImpAtom posted:

It's explained briefly in a paradox ending in FFXIII-2 and there is a very, very, very brief resolution to her character in LR.

I must have missed this. What was it?

ManOfTheYear
Jan 5, 2013

Occupation posted:

God loving drat that lightning dlc was hard as balls

In what game there is Lightning dlc? XIV?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

ManOfTheYear posted:

XIII-2, I believe. Though she did have an event in XIV.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib

Renoistic posted:

I must have missed this. What was it?

It's one of the Canvas of Prayers requests. I THINK it's in the Dead Dunes, but I'm not sure and cannot check immediately as I'm at work.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

In "that's neat but not really" news, a rating leaked that FFIII is coming to PC.

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/04/18/square-enix-bringing-final-fantasy-iii-pc/

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

ManOfTheYear posted:

Ffxiii-2, it explains what happens to lightning both immediately after the ending and sets up LR.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Man they are passing FFIII around to absolutely everything, why not I guess?

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

ShadowedFlames posted:

It's one of the Canvas of Prayers requests. I THINK it's in the Dead Dunes, but I'm not sure and cannot check immediately as I'm at work.

It's a CoP request in the Wildlands. I think you have to find a photograph in the bushes around the back of the research camp.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

ApplesandOranges posted:

The game is never really hard. Just get good Junctions and I can't really think of anything that will be a big problem unless you get ambushed by a Malboro or something.

Carding everything is just to make the entire game a joke.

I got most of the way through CD 2 before someone told me about junctioning (since I ignored it) and proceeded to junction all my spells to characters, making Squall about 10x stronger and taking the game from "wow this can be difficult at times" to :effort:

Orgia Carnaval posted:

Man they are passing FFIII around to absolutely everything, why not I guess?

Because in a series where every game is the worst, FFIII is the immortal and eternal king (now that FFXIV has been unfucked).

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

FFIII is like if HIV and cancer had a video game baby
Jesus CHRIST that game is SO BAD

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Phantasium posted:

In "that's neat but not really" news, a rating leaked that FFIII is coming to PC.

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/04/18/square-enix-bringing-final-fantasy-iii-pc/
Maybe they'll fix it?

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Occupation posted:

FFIII is like if HIV and cancer had a video game baby
Jesus CHRIST that game is SO BAD

the holocaust of jrpg's

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

It's certainly the most left-wing out of all the Final Fantasies.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

forbidden lesbian posted:

the holocaust of jrpg's

Otoh nobody was like

"Let's port the holocaust to OUYA"

Tempo 119
Apr 17, 2006

The only thing I know about FF3 is that the battle theme on Theatrhythm is really cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EVIF1Udqr0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.
There's not a lot of only-English-speakers who've played both but of those who have I'm prettttttty sure the universal consensus is that the NES version is better in literally every possible way-- including being less obtusely difficult, and when I say that realize that the NES version has the longest gap in the series between the last possible save and the final boss, and this includes six mandatory boss fights on the way.

And yeah the NES version's music is great, if you like NES music. The DS fucks even that up.