Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
But ewww Dissidia.

This is an appropriate start for a new page.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Dissidia's a good game. Exdeath top tier, spam guard and win.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Dissidia is the best DBZ game.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Butt Ghost posted:

Dissidia is the best DBZ game.
But it doesn't have Mr. Satan in it, so it can't be.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Uh, but it does?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFdduytBaj8

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Nooooo, don't make me waste money on a PSP!!!! :(

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

How Rude posted:

Nooooo, don't make me waste money on a PSP!!!! :(

Buy a vita, then.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

He said he didn't want to waste money.

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
If you like tits and Nihongo a vita is a wise investment. But this isn't the Senran Kagura thread.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
I hear Final Fantasy 15 will come packaged with PS4 high def versions of all the rest of the ultimate illusions to make up for it taking until 2034 to come out, and the preorder bonus is a PS4 Dissidia. Just wait for it bro, it isn't that long.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

I'd probably buy a game that consisted solely of Gilgamesh talking poo poo.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Dissidia is pretty rad and I'd play the hell out of it if they gave it to competent developers and put it on a system that isn't poo poo.

So basically what I'm saying is farm it out to Platinum and put it on the Wii U or PC, Square-Enix.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!

dreffen posted:

Only if they bring back John DiMaggio to reprise his voice from FF12.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
John Dimaggio is the one true Gilgamesh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOrMIgf5tTU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Gilgamesh in Dissidia is cool because he has a rocket punch and can fire missiles.

Also his gimmick is using random weapons for every attack, one of the weapons is the chicken knife and it makes chicken noises whenever it hits someone.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

If you want a JRPG where you fight angels pretty much any SMT game. I think it's canon that in SMT2 you kill God (Like, the Abrahamic one) which is why in future games there's a lot more focus on smaller deities like Izanami and such, because there's no God to keep them down.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

If you want a JRPG where you fight angels pretty much any SMT game. I think it's canon that in SMT2 you kill God (Like, the Abrahamic one) which is why in future games there's a lot more focus on smaller deities like Izanami and such, because there's no God to keep them down.

Except nope, the timeline where you kill god is parallel to the Persona series. Raidou Kuzanoha XL goes back in time to meet his predecessor and in doing so, stops the events of SMT 1 from happening, which stops SMT 2 from happening, which means Aleph never committed the original sin. In fact, in persona time line Aleph will never have existed!

SMT multiverse/timeline poo poo is crazy and stupid and I love it.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Except nope, the timeline where you kill god is parallel to the Persona series. Raidou Kuzanoha XL goes back in time to meet his predecessor and in doing so, stops the events of SMT 1 from happening, which stops SMT 2 from happening, which means Aleph never committed the original sin. In fact, in persona time line Aleph will never have existed!

SMT multiverse/timeline poo poo is crazy and stupid and I love it.

The best part is, despite it never happening, God is still pissed about being killed. Why? Because he's God, that's why!

EDIT: Any godly shenanigans involving Persona don't actually involve gods at all, but instead are the constant background war of humanity's unconscious thoughts as embodied by Philemon and Nyarlathotep, the opposing Thanatos and Eros urges.

Mr. Maltose fucked around with this message at 07:44 on Sep 2, 2014

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Dragon Quest 7 had the random left turn in the bonus dungeon where you met God, beat him up, and then he went to live in your village. But that was about it as far as deity slaying went, give or take the Demon Lord masquerading as God halfway through the game and tricking all the humans into putting down their weapons.

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

What the heck is that from?

Electric Phantasm posted:

Gilgamesh in Dissidia is cool because he has a rocket punch and can fire missiles.

Also his gimmick is using random weapons for every attack, one of the weapons is the chicken knife and it makes chicken noises whenever it hits someone.

I feel like the Gilgamesh chain in FFXIV will end up something like this.

Cake Attack posted:

He said he didn't want to waste money.

Having all the final fantasies from 1 through 10-2 in one place is pretty loving rad. I also have persona 3 and 4, plus the Ys RPG and a bunch of other poo poo. It's a great system and has a good library, plus the advantage of being able to stream ps4 games if you have one.

I am real loving sad that sony's support for it is slipping. They really had a chance to step it up around the ps4 launch given the remote play tie-in but missed the opportunity with both consumers and game producers. I feel like they could get some traction back if they made it really easy for indie developers to publish on it.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

In SMT 2 you also fight Cthulhus in random encounters, chat with Michael Jackson in a post-apocalyptic disco and chase Satan into space with the help of Stephen Hawking.

That game will always hold a special place in my heart.

Kalenn Istarion posted:

What the heck is that from?

Dissidia version of Cloud of Darkness from FF III.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Satan who is not the Devil, but their own separate thing.

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

Kanfy posted:

In SMT 2 you also fight Cthulhus in random encounters, chat with Michael Jackson in a post-apocalyptic disco and chase Satan into space with the help of Stephen Hawking.

That game will always hold a special place in my heart.

Dissidia version of Cloud of Darkness from FF III.

Ah. They've already teased Cloud of Darkness paddingpaddingpadding as a boss in the next stage of Crystal Towerin FFXIV so will be interesting to see what that looks like.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Kalenn Istarion posted:

Ah. They've already teased Cloud of Darkness paddingpaddingpadding as a boss in the next stage of Crystal Towerin FFXIV so will be interesting to see what that looks like.

Yes they've only teased this. It is entirely speculation that a dungeon that is intentionally and explicitly designed as a tribute to the final dungeon of ff3, with countless references to ff3, will have the final boss from ff3 as its final boss. Pure speculation at this point. It could be anything!!

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Kalenn Istarion posted:

He rmodel has been kicking around for a while now: http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140813050205/finalfantasy/images/3/3a/Cloud_of_Darkness_XIV.jpg, sans proper shaders and textures

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I have this game on my shelf but haven't played it yet. Hmmm

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

dreffen posted:

I seriously would pay exorbitant money for a Pokemon Mystery Dungeon-like game where you're Gilgamesh and Enkidou (chicken version as optional DLC) running around different FF worlds stealing weapons. So much money.

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

I have this game on my shelf but haven't played it yet. Hmmm

Dissidia is a fun game, if.....and heres the big if....you skip EVERY PIECE OF STORYLINE ANYTHING AT ALL. The game is a lot of fun, it scratches a bit of the grinding abnegation itch that RPGs offer while also letting you have some fun Dragonball Z style fights in Amano inspired outfits. The voice acting is generally either great or hilarious (except for Cloud and Sephiroth, they are dull and brooding), hell Mr. Anime, Johnny Young Bosch does the voice of Firion and Keith David (Goliath from Gargoyles if you don't know him from anything less nerdy) does the voice of the primary antagonist. The entire game is essentially a loot and level grind with DBZ style fighting, I've put in well over 200 hours to the thing.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Kalenn Istarion posted:

Having all the final fantasies from 1 through 10-2 in one place is pretty loving rad. I also have persona 3 and 4, plus the Ys RPG and a bunch of other poo poo. It's a great system and has a good library, plus the advantage of being able to stream ps4 games if you have one.

Their first problem was selling a mobile console at loving $400 starting price when the 3DS started at $250 and people thought THAT was way too pricey which dropped the latter to $180 rather quickly. Also why would I buy a Vita to play a bunch of games I already own when I can buy a 3DS and play pokemon/mario kart/kirby/zelda in 3D!!!

Vita just has no draw or marketability to outshine Nintendo's massive handheld install base while also having a higher price which makes it such a money loser when there's this expensive to make handheld that they're selling at a loss which is selling poorly anyway. People who care about having a dedicated handheld are just going to buy a 3DS anyway. I think it's understandable that Sony is dropping support.

It would have been better if Sony stopped trying to use all this expensive hardware on a handheld because I don't think many players care if they have good graphics or whatever on a console that they play 30 minutes at a time to kill time or whatever when they're not doing something better with their time.

How Rude fucked around with this message at 15:27 on Sep 2, 2014

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Fister Roboto posted:

Yes they've only teased this. It is entirely speculation that a dungeon that is intentionally and explicitly designed as a tribute to the final dungeon of ff3, with countless references to ff3, will have the final boss from ff3 as its final boss. Pure speculation at this point. It could be anything!!

Of course it's obvious if you know ff3 inside and out. Some don't, and I know in the party I first beat it with several got excited when they saw it.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Fister Roboto posted:

I feel like it needs to be reinfored how much of a tribute to FF3 that Crystal/Syrcus Tower are. The trash in Syrcus Tower is loving organized in the same formations as random encounters in the NES version of FF3 were.

As someone who loves FF3 (NES, anyways), it's such a joy.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Gologle posted:

Dude that won't ever happen. Stop even dreaming. It's all about Lightning and Cloud and Yuna. Second tier is Squall, and Tidus. There is no third tier, Square doesn't care about literally any of its other characters, and especially not the ones from FF1-6.

Considering FF4 gets a revamp every 2 years or so, that's not exactly true. The Japanese love their FF4. And so do I.

Also, a little late on this, but Kuja was lame and made sexy halloween costumed villains lame by being lame. Though the lameness didn't really start until the last quarter of the game. He was pretty cool before then. This is as opposed to his old-school inspiration, Kefka, who was pretty lame until the World of Ruin.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

http://www.polygon.com/2014/9/1/6087833/final-fantasy-type-0-hd-mature

Final Fantasy Type 0 will finally usher in a new era of mature Final Fantasy games.

quote:

"If you're hit by fire, you burn. If you're cut, you bleed."

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

What will a Mature Game for Mature Gamers mean for the future of Final Fantasy

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Mr. Maltose posted:

The best part is, despite it never happening, God is still pissed about being killed. Why? Because he's God, that's why!

Fun fact, since SMT 2 and 3 characters show up in DDS through the Sun Terminal we learn that all the multiverses/timelines/whatevers are connected via the Amala Network. Everything inside reality is contained inside of them, including all aspects of YHVH. And Brahmin is the one thing controlling it/above it all.

Digital Devil Saga really makes the whole amala network really weird.

dreffen posted:

Final Fantasy Type 0 will finally usher in a new era of mature Final Fantasy games.

"People die if they're killed."

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Sep 2, 2014

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Butt Ghost posted:

What will a Mature Game for Mature Gamers mean for the future of Final Fantasy
I don't know, let's ask our dear friend, main character of FFXV, Sky of the Night's Light.

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

dreffen posted:

quote:

"If you're hit by fire, you burn. If you're cut, you bleed."

Finally, the scarification sim we've always wanted. :downs:

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
So when someone is burned, that little Pokemon animation of a few tufts of flame will play? Gritty.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

It'd be cool if they manage to do something cool with it but I'm not expecting some ARR level comeback with anything else SE related

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

I'm wondering if they'll pull off an M for the first time in the franchise. Just going off the intro, Type-0's pretty bloody, you've got high school age kids getting mowed the gently caress down on screen.