Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
fantasy truck simulator

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Tabata already confirmed Stella won't be a player character, so I'm holding out for XV-2 in which she hitches rides with fantasy truckers. Or drives her own 18-wheeler.

Samba De Amigo
Jun 11, 2014

Level Slide posted:

Tabata already confirmed Stella won't be a player character, so I'm holding out for XV-2 in which she hitches rides with fantasy truckers. Or drives her own 18-wheeler.

Mini-games include delivering the cargo on time to pay the bills. You have your choice of one cab 'companion' in the form of a dog or cat (which you cannot customize, RIP)

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

InfinityComplex posted:

So what I'm getting at for FF15 is that it's going to be ultimate road trip. Right?

You can stop for a barbecue, so yes.

Can't wait to find out whether you can plow through enemies with your car.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Actually, I don't have anything against 18-wheelers, but Stella looks like a classy lady. Sure, she can probably truck with the best of them, but I can think of a classier road trip car.

That's more like it.

Sunning
Sep 14, 2011
Nintendo Guru

InfinityComplex posted:

So what I'm getting at for FF15 is that it's going to be ultimate road trip. Right?

An ultimate road trip by way of Baz Lurhman.

Expect gaudy visuals:

And romance aimed at adolescent girls:

Set to "Kissing You" by Des'ree "Somnus" by Yoko Shimomura

I don't know how much of this will come through with the final product since there is now a new director heading the game. FFXV still doesn't have release date and a lot can change at the release. The time since development was rebooted is enough to make a brand new game.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

stella will be able to swap between carspheres mid-battle in order to customize her attacks

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
The save points will be "Wonder-Marts" spaced every three miles apart. No exception, not even boss fights. You fail, you travel three miles.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

Sunning posted:

Expect gaudy visuals:

Set to "Kissing You" by Des'ree "Somnus" by Yoko Shimomura

Final + Fantasy

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

forbidden lesbian posted:

Every game is the best game in the series.

That's true.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

Gologle posted:

The save points will be "Wonder-Marts" spaced every three miles apart. No exception, not even boss fights. You fail, you travel three miles.

Wait, does that mean Noctis works for CENTINEL?

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine

Sunning posted:

Expect gaudy visuals:

Set to"Kissing You" by Des'ree "Somnus" by Yoko Shimomura

I don't know how much of this will come through with the final product since there is now a new director heading the game. FFXV still doesn't have release date and a lot can change at the release. The time since development was rebooted is enough to make a brand new game.

The idea of a Final Fantasy game even half as good as Romeo + Juliet has me beyond hype.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

Xad posted:

Wait, does that mean Noctis works for CENTINEL?

"Engaging Unlimited Form!" *starts hitting for more than 9999 damage*

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I would buy Wonderful Suikoden so fast. Don't make me long for something that can never exist.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

So who has to ride in the bitch seat? And what are the chances the car is named Chocobo?

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Kirios posted:

So who has to ride in the bitch seat? And what are the chances the car is named Chocobo?

its named cactuar

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
Chocobos will be saved for when the car breaks down in front of a ranch where the bros are forced to ask for help from the small family that runs it. One of the bros will connect romantically with the rancher's daughter on a chocobo ride out to fix one of their automatic plows. Two of the other bros will have a homoerotic moment in the chocobo barn while this goes on.

Both romances will standout to fans as far less awkward than the relationship between main bro and Stella.

BloodWulfe
Mar 18, 2003
The car is actually powered by chocobos. There's a new breed of pygmy chocobo and they put four of them in the engine where they run on a belt to power the car.

It's not horse power. It's chocobo power.

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

BloodWulfe posted:

The car is actually powered by chocobos. There's a new breed of pygmy chocobo and they put four of them in the engine where they run on a belt to power the car.

I mean, that is how boats work in FFX, minus the whole Pygmy thing.

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

BloodWulfe posted:

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

corn in the bible posted:

its named cactuar

should've been cidmobile, game ruined

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
The car is the Lowground, the airship is the Highwind. The hovercraft is the Middlesplash.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

MarquiseMindfang posted:

The car is the Lowground, the airship is the Highwind. The hovercraft is the Middlesplash.

You're missing the submarine and the spacecraft.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

Mr. Maltose posted:

The idea of a Final Fantasy game even half as good as Romeo + Juliet has me beyond hype.

Harold Perrineau and Pete Postlethwaite alone would be amazing characters in a Final Fantasy.

RIP Pete :smith:

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I've kind of ignored Final Fantasy XIII entirely but I hear Lightning Returns is Actually Pretty Good and the previous two games are on the Steam holiday sale...how stupid is the plot, exactly? I can handle standard Blizzard plot levels of stupid, but not Xenosaga levels of stupid, if that makes any sense. Would I be wasting my time on the first two? For reference, FFX is my favorite game in the entire series and of the modern ones, I probably liked FF8 the least minus the MMOs, which don't count.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

exquisite tea posted:

I've kind of ignored Final Fantasy XIII entirely but I hear Lightning Returns is Actually Pretty Good and the previous two games are on the Steam holiday sale...how stupid is the plot, exactly? I can handle standard Blizzard plot levels of stupid, but not Xenosaga levels of stupid, if that makes any sense. Would I be wasting my time on the first two? For reference, FFX is my favorite game in the entire series and of the modern ones, I probably liked FF8 the least minus the MMOs, which don't count.

I thought XIII's plot wasn't stupid at all, just that it took en-medias res wayyyy too far and left a bunch of explanations in the datalog/codex. I haven't beaten XIII-2 but I heard it's stupid but in a goofy fun way, so whatever.

Or you could just watch this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQrBSO74DzA

CuddlyZombie fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Dec 19, 2014

Gamma Nerd
May 14, 2012

exquisite tea posted:

It's a different kind of stupid than Xenosaga. I mean, there's no gratuitous biblical references. But I don't think any XS character has quite as dumb a backstory as, say, Chocolina. No, not even chaos or Jr.

Also the way the series handles time travel is beyond idiotic but that's sort of to be expected.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Yeah chaos is where I have to draw the line, magical immortal teenagers are too much for me.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

CuddlyZombie posted:

I thought XIII's plot wasn't stupid at all, just that it took en-medias res wayyyy too far and left a bunch of explanations in the datalog/codex. I haven't beaten XIII-2 but I heard it's stupid but in a goofy fun way, so whatever.

Or you could just watch this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQrBSO74DzA

I cannot bear this.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

that's a very arbitrary line

Gamma Nerd
May 14, 2012

exquisite tea posted:

Yeah chaos is where I have to draw the line, magical immortal teenagers are too much for me.

Don't talk poo poo about Spandex + Hotpants Space Jesus :colbert:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Cake Attack posted:

look man, all im saying is that immortality, one of the most common concepts in fiction, is too anime for me

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Cake Attack posted:

Yeah, personally I draw the line at ALL of Xenosaga because it's the laziest dumbest RPG series I ever wasted money on.

Burn them all the the ground.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Cake Attack posted:

I accept that any RPG is going to have some obnoxious characters, but Chaos and all types in that same mold are the most grating to me. Even Dragon Age Inquisition has a magical immortal teenager companion, and I hate him there, too.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

how do you feel about Kaos?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

exquisite tea posted:

I accept that any RPG is going to have some obnoxious characters, but Chaos and all types in that same mold are the most grating to me. Even Dragon Age Inquisition has a magical immortal teenager companion, and I hate him there, too.
the two characters are entirely different

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

CuddlyZombie posted:

how do you feel about Kaos?

He was my favorite character in Primal Rage.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Also Chocolina is far, far dumber than a magical immortal teenager, and it is great.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

exquisite tea posted:

It doesn't matter how the plot is because 13 and 13-2 are irredeemably boring. Plus they don't really matter much ultimately anywah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Having never played Lightning Returns, I'm confident in saying the plot will make the same amount of sense regardless of whether or not you've played 13-1 and/or 13-2.