Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

corn in the bible posted:

It doesn't matter how the plot is because 13 and 13-2 are irredeemably boring. Plus they don't really matter much ultimately anywah

That being said it is also very stupid, yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I remember hearing that Bravely Second is going to have a different music composer. Is this true? If so that's a shame, because Bravely Default had some really great music that compensated a lot for its weaknesses.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Ytlaya posted:

I remember hearing that Bravely Second is going to have a different music composer. Is this true? If so that's a shame, because Bravely Default had some really great music that compensated a lot for its weaknesses.

yeah it sucks

Facepalm Ranger
Jan 17, 2012

SOME PEOPLE FIND HOME APPLIANCES SEXUALLY AROUSING! ZORDS ARE NOT APPLIANCES, DAMMIT!

Level Slide posted:

God, I hope so. There better be FFXV-brand McDonald's pit stops as save points. Even right before the final boss, there should be one last place to pick up a pack of McNuggets and an apple pie.

This I would like to see. I want to see over designed McDonald-esque building and waitresses/waiters on roller blades bringing the meal to your car.

There could be one really buff, like Arnie buff, waiter with the most sexualised costume who seems to be at every stop trying to hit on one of your guys or thinks you're a famous boy band or something and the reason why he works there is cause he's loved the brand ever since he was a kid. He can also drop hints about where to find rare items or catch up on the latest gossip etc.

Food on the menu could like the Choco-Mac, Mog-Fries, ether-shake etc... Could replenish health and other limited time buffs, whilst you eat the party would make little comments about it.

Oh oh oh and collecting all the Happy-chocobo toys could be a side quest that unlocks some absurdly good but ugly (due to corporate branding) equipment or weapon.

I'm still for changing the designs so they don't look like a boy band though. As if you place the main character off centre you wouldn't know who it was.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Ytlaya posted:

Supercell Ryo. Apparently he loved the hell out of the first game and even maxed out the characters. He has some cool ideas for the game's music but I have yet to hear it personally. Maybe someone who has played the demo can chime in. I do know he wanted to shorten the inn sleep music considerably.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Facepalm Ranger posted:

I'm still for changing the designs so they don't look like a boy band though. As if you place the main character off centre you wouldn't know who it was.

Screw that, make them more like Japanese pop bands and base them on AKB48 so I can have 48 characters in battle at a time out of a pool of 140.

Facepalm Ranger
Jan 17, 2012

SOME PEOPLE FIND HOME APPLIANCES SEXUALLY AROUSING! ZORDS ARE NOT APPLIANCES, DAMMIT!

Barudak posted:

Screw that, make them more like Japanese pop bands and base them on AKB48 so I can have 48 characters in battle at a time out of a pool of 140.

You monster! :shepspends:

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Give them all cool jackets, masks, and make that a pool of 101 people instead, and have Noctis have the ability to form weapons with the other three people out of your hundred and one man pool.

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost

Barudak posted:

Stop giving Konami ideas for a Suikoden reboot.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Varance posted:

Stop giving Konami ideas for a Suikoden reboot.

The True Idol Rune.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

TARDISman posted:

The True Idol Rune.

miku has that though

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Ragequit posted:

Supercell Ryo. Apparently he loved the hell out of the first game and even maxed out the characters. He has some cool ideas for the game's music but I have yet to hear it personally. Maybe someone who has played the demo can chime in. I do know he wanted to shorten the inn sleep music considerably.

Bravely Default Battle Theme vs. Bravely Second Battle Theme.

Bravely Default Asterisk Boss Theme vs. (the presumed, since all the times it played in the demo was against Asterisk holders, but the "normal" boss at the end of the demo just played the normal random encounter theme) Bravely Second Asterisk Boss Theme.

Bravely Default World Map Theme vs. Bravely Second World Map Theme.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Terper posted:

Bravely Default Battle Theme vs. Bravely Second Battle Theme.

Bravely Default Asterisk Boss Theme vs. (the presumed, since all the times it played in the demo was against Asterisk holders, but the "normal" boss at the end of the demo just played the normal random encounter theme) Bravely Second Asterisk Boss Theme.

Bravely Default World Map Theme vs. Bravely Second World Map Theme.

Those aren't terrible but I do like BD's a lot more.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

CuddlyZombie posted:

I thought XIII's plot wasn't stupid at all, just that it took en-medias res wayyyy too far and left a bunch of explanations in the datalog/codex. I haven't beaten XIII-2 but I heard it's stupid but in a goofy fun way, so whatever.

Or you could just watch this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQrBSO74DzA

This annoys me because the music is obviously the NES chipset. Don't you know anything Square? GOD

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

yeah its fine jrpg music, people would praise it in a vacuum, but it's just noticeably not as good as the music directly before

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Nothing's ever gonna top Serpent Devouring the Horizon, that's just life.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Beef Waifu posted:

Nothing's ever gonna top Serpent Devouring the Horizon, that's just life.

pretty much

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The music is more...final fantasy is while bd really was it's own thing.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

That Person's Name Is/He of the Name is legit my favorite boss theme ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkiOHdBHnE0&t=34s

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Terper posted:

That Person's Name Is/He of the Name is legit my favorite boss theme ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkiOHdBHnE0&t=34s

honestly i like it but even in the game itself there are tracks i like better

tell me something else you love so i can insult it too

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Cake Attack posted:

honestly i like it but even in the game itself there are tracks i like better

tell me something else you love so i can insult it too

This is my favorite non-battle track from BD.

BloodWulfe
Mar 18, 2003

I legitimately enjoyed this more than FFXIII and FFXIII-2 combined. I didn't even realize it was an official ad for FFXIII-3 until the end.

e: Xenosaga is the best/worst JRPG :colbert:

CeallaSo
May 3, 2013

Wisdom from a Fool

BloodWulfe posted:

I legitimately enjoyed this more than FFXIII and FFXIII-2 combined. I didn't even realize it was an official ad for FFXIII-3 until the end.

Few RPGs manage to be quite as much the worst as Xenosaga, and it really goes the distance in that regard.

But yeah, now all we need is the reverse of this video: FFV / VI with current-gen graphics.

Celery Face
Feb 18, 2012
Nah, Shining Force EXA is the worst.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

the worst jrpg is your favorite jrpg

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

BloodWulfe posted:

Agreed. I love that lovely game so much.

Drakengard is a strong contender though.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Celery Face posted:

Nah, Shining Force EXA is the worst.

I haven't played that, and I imagine nearly a hundred Android games beg to differ, but my worst RPG ever has to be Ever Grace. Just unplayable, hilarious graphics, whatever story...

Zaphod42 posted:

Basically they over-franchised the gently caress out of Final Fantasy XIII. People kept asking for more VII and they did stuff like Dirge and the cellphone games and the vita game, and they decided to go ahead and make their next FF into a huge multi-game FF, but the core game of XIII is pretty weak.

Final Fantasy XI and XIV are both really great and very beautiful MMORPGs that have almost nothing to do with any other FF and only a little to do with each other (Although most FFs have nothing to do with each other)

XII is actually underrated. XIII sucks hard. XIII-2 probably sucks but a little less. XIII-3 (Known as Lightning Retuns because Square has ADD now and can't stick to a naming scheme longer than 2) is apparently decent.

This neatly sums up how I feel about a decade of games, holy poo poo

Die Sexmonster! fucked around with this message at 11:20 on Dec 19, 2014

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

What great, big stonking

feet. Looking good, Titan.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's gonna be a shame when we get to the Titan fight and Shimomura's composed this really thematic and super good track for him and I'm just gonna be like "Where's the vocals, goddammit?!"

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

It's so weird seeing a regular NPC for the first time as well as them driving through a populated town. Everything they've shown up to now has just been cutscenes, battles, and wandering around the open world.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Is that a nineteen sixty six Cadillac?

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Cake Attack posted:

the worst jrpg is your favorite jrpg

its actually tales of symphonia 2

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

Terper posted:

What great, big stonking

feet. Looking good, Titan.

So, the game is real?

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

It better be real. Road trip RPG is something I never knew I wanted until now.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.
Gamefaqs asking the important questions today

Thank heavens we finally solved this age-old conundrum.

The Machine
Dec 15, 2004
Rage Against / Welcome to
I'm really loving angry about that GameFAQs poll.

FFVI aged way better.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The Machine posted:

I'm really loving angry about that GameFAQs poll.

FFVI aged way better.
always remember this: no matter how much we try to pretend we're better than gamefaqs, we aren't

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
I'm actually really surprised that VI got that many votes. Maybe the mobile ports reached a new audience? :tinfoil:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Krad posted:

I'm actually really surprised that VI got that many votes. Maybe the mobile ports reached a new audience? :tinfoil:
dude, ff7 is like 17 years old now

both of the games are old, and the people debating fiercely over them are either old or are teenagers that like playing old games because they think it makes them cooler and smarter than their peers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oblomov
Jun 20, 2002

Meh... #overrated

Level Slide posted:

It better be real. Road trip RPG is something I never knew I wanted until now.

Road Trip RPG as a terrible JPN Boy Band is something I am not sure I want. Got this from like 3rd or 4th image off google.