Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Metajo
Nov 1, 2006

Created by R-Force Software
Your Console Sucks
Thief first job, and on bezerker risk pretty much guaranteed 2 bezerkers at this point, this is going to be fun...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metajo
Nov 1, 2006

Your Console Sucks
Thief/Monk/Berserker so far,

time to grind up to 20+ so that i might be able to beat byblos...

Metajo
Nov 1, 2006

Your Console Sucks
^^^ Ouch!

My final party is thief/monk/berserker/knight, no magic :toot:

Metajo
Nov 1, 2006

Your Console Sucks
Beating Omniscient without magic

:suicide:

Metajo
Nov 1, 2006

Your Console Sucks

Yeah, just finished, although i got all the way to neoexdeath around 31, there's just no way to keep up with the damage that he does and while dishing it out as well, doesn't help that almagest KO's 3 of my party every time. So despite hating grindng, I ground up for about 15 levels then was able to win after a few retries.

So just my outlook on the run:

Thief first job turned out much better than expected, if you know who drops what, you can be drinking hi-potions before the water crystal and have 4 fire/wall rings before the 3 world, not to mention tons of elixirs. Also !escape helped a lot getting through the the final dungeon.

Monk turned out to be a pretty mediocre job by the end game, it just can't keep up with damage after the legendary weapons are handed out, in the last few battles my monk was pretty much used for throwing out healing items every turn. The knuckle accessory doesn't really help as much as i expected, shame i wasted lots of time getting it.

Berserker is not that bad on this lineup, (luckily only got one,) with rune axe and when they actually hit something, they do decent damage.

Kights are OK, can really say they did anything that amazing other than win a few boss fights with guard and counter, they just deal decent damage and can take hits. Dbl grip and equip swords where helpful when combined with other classes, like making the berserker deal more damage.

The only terrible boss fights were byblos, who I beat just by luck, (2 monks got 3 crits with !charge without him casting armor.)

Overall, not having party healing magic just sucks, And not having magic in general means you probably are going to have to grind into the 40's to complete the game, (would like to see someone prove me wrong.) But other than the end grind the run was fun and enjoyable, will definitely do one again next year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metajo
Nov 1, 2006

Your Console Sucks
Are any of the numerous "rebalance" or Game+ patches on FFHacktics worth it for a second playthrough of FFT?