Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

big duck equals goose
Nov 7, 2006

by XyloJW
They should make a new Ehrgeiz game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big duck equals goose
Nov 7, 2006

by XyloJW

field balm posted:

Hi thread,
Which of the first three games has the best/most tactical combat? 3? Are there any fan patches or re-balances for the early games recommended?

Don't use a fire sword on a thing made out of fire. <- Tactical combat in FF. If you want a tactics/strategy game, I think the closest thing you find in the series is FFT.

Edit: To answer your question, I don't know, the first one I guess? You get to pick classes, so I guess you could do a all BLM party or something and give your self a boring challenge of save state reloading nonstop to see if sleep/etc hit.

big duck equals goose fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Sep 16, 2012

big duck equals goose
Nov 7, 2006

by XyloJW
I never got the point of stealing rare items from monsters in FF games because with the basic equipment you can pretty much clobber the poo poo out of enemies/bosses anyways. Just seems like a boring hassle.

big duck equals goose
Nov 7, 2006

by XyloJW

Eggie posted:

I tried damned hard to play through Xenogears because the story and tone interested me, but between the combat, the customization, and the dungeons the actual gameplay is offputting. I'll settle for a Let's Play.

xenogears has no logical story and makes zero loving sense. Its more convoluted and muddled then a metal gear solid game.

Krad posted:

The attack on the beach, Edea's parade, the battle of the Gardens, the Lunar Cry, the final dungeon, Seifer. Even if people find the battle system dull, it still has lots of great moments.

FF8 was retarded and you find a random working spaceship and... Actually, all of it is pretty dumb.

big duck equals goose
Nov 7, 2006

by XyloJW

W.T. Fits posted:

No, there's a reason which I bothered to spell out for you earlier, you just choose to ignore it because it wasn't explicitly pointed out in the game the way Cloud's issues were in FFVII. One of the problems with FFVIII's writing is that there is some stuff beyond what's presented on the surface, but it requires you to actually stop and analyze it, and nobody wants to do that while playing the game, so they just ignore it and whine about the bad writing and terrible characters.

Greetings, adult man who posted this post.

big duck equals goose
Nov 7, 2006

by XyloJW
All the final fantasy games are stupid and have no story worth a drat. Let me break it down, yo.

Final Fantasy - Some dude travels in time or something and a bunch of idiots have to turn from babies into men by collecting a rat tail and using magical orbs to stop his evil or something stupid. Terrible, at best.

Final fantasy 2 - Something about crystals and star wars. Some evil empire is evil for no reason so it's up to a bunch of fruity nerds to stop him or something. horrible game.

Final Fantasy 3 - It's something stupid about crystals too and a fart cloud is the final boss. Enough said. 0/1000

Final fantasy 4 - A gigantic sperm on the moon is evil for no reason and demands to be king of earth so he mind controls some big football player and a old man and attacks earth with monsters. only by using a space whale to get there, evil dark knight turned into a paladin who looks like david bowie must stop the evil sperm by hitting it with a sword a couple of times. Trash.

Final fatnasy 5- omgh who cares anymore. Some dude named buttz has to stop an evil skeleton from eating crystals or something gently caress fart -negative 10million

final fantasy 6 - a bunch of stupid idiots have to stop a clown man from blowing up the world... again. Terrible terrible terrible.

final fantasy 7 - a young man confused about his sexuality and origin has to stop a metrosexual from riding a gigantic green life beam to his momma's space planet or something stupid. Awful and makes no sense. Apparently guns don't do poo poo and the best weapons on earth are gigantic impractical swords and microphones being tossed by a cat robot. Grotesquely overrated.

Final fantasy 8 - some prick and his retard friends who are annoying have to stop an evil wizard from blowing up time for no apparent reason. Also they all have amnesia and tell bad jokes every five seconds. Awful.

final fantasy 9- A evil gay boy wants to blow up the world and only a furry and his dumb friends can stop him. Boring as poo poo.

Final fantasy 10 - A dead ghost of a beach bum who got fingered by his father must stop god or something? Everyone wears a ton of belts and the dialog is always like "i love... life..." "ohum" "fart" Really retarded. -100 out of 10.

final fantasy 11 - an MMO where all you do is fight small rabbits and crabs for days on end. The story is about uh.... who cares? You will be grinding out rabbits all day for years on end. Boring as poo poo. The bosses take literal days to kill and everything is done is really complicated stupid macros /ja cure "smoke this phat weed buddy!!~ CHRONIC HEALSZ! " /alarm 21 /alarm 12/" Worst MMO of all time.

final fantasy 12 - Who cares?

Final fantasy 13 - The worst of the worst. It's about... uh... a space city ruled by a alien who is autistic or something? I don't give a gently caress anymroe its just SO BORING AND STUPID FUCKKKK

Final fantasy 14 - A mmo where literally all you do is spend hours making bread and purple lace frillys for your super gay vest. Even worse then MMO 11 somehow. The story is about once again an evil empire that is evil for no reason because "THEY ARE EVIL" who cares? Written by a literal retarded 2nd grader.

Final fantasy 15 - Japanese supermodels have a really lovely matrix game or something. Not released yet, but looks terrible. Chances are it's about space magic ghosts sucking a japanese GQ models ballsack.

big duck equals goose
Nov 7, 2006

by XyloJW

mateo360 posted:

So I just Finished the main story of Final Fantasy XIII-2 I was planning on get Lightning Returns when I finished but, drat now I have to play it just to see how they end out the trilogy.

McDragon posted:

Yes, you do.

Well, you could shove $50 straight up your rear end and get the same experience if you don't feel like going to gamestop or something...

big duck equals goose
Nov 7, 2006

by XyloJW
I don't like Final Fantasy and I played lightning returns and it was the total poo poo, like, even worse poo poo then FFX13 and I played that and every moment felt like I was shoving glass into my dickhole.

big duck equals goose
Nov 7, 2006

by XyloJW

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

This is a worse posting gimmick than azure_horizon's

Gimmick? I'm being serious. Those games were terrible and I demand you tell me one redeeming thing about them.

big duck equals goose
Nov 7, 2006

by XyloJW
It's squaresoft, I'm shocked they didn't release the PC version of FFX13 and be like "ITS GOT MEGA HD GRAPHICS NOW" and charge a good $35 for it, then take a poo poo, process that poo poo into digital form, and upload it into the steam marketplace where it wouldn't launch for %90 of the players that bought it.

Hell, I think final fantasy tactics for the ipad is what? $25 or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big duck equals goose
Nov 7, 2006

by XyloJW

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Except squaresoft is usually really good at pricing their games? They're some of the fastest big AAA games to get price drops. Hell, pretty sure you could already get KH 1.5 ReMIX, X HD, and LR for $20 new in those Greatest Hits boxes months ago.

They're mobile pricing is only crazy by mobiles hilariously hosed up standards. $20 for a full length FF, especially a good one like Tactics, seems about right, to be honest.

Your trolling, right?