Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ShineDog
May 21, 2007
It is inevitable!
There are plenty out bits in the old games where people are rendered as part of the background aren't there? Doesn't that look really weird with model swap mods? Those are always going to be weird chubby duders

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShineDog
May 21, 2007
It is inevitable!
FFXIV is £10 on gamersgate right now, that's the lowest I've ever seen it. Just so you know.

ShineDog
May 21, 2007
It is inevitable!
Grabbed FFXIII in the boxing sale for a couple of quid, Played a bit.

Vanille continues to talk, and I have now witnessed her run animation.

Anyone want a copy of FFXIII?

ShineDog
May 21, 2007
It is inevitable!
Just grabbed Lost Odyssey for a couple of quid in the boxing day sales. This is basically an FF game without the branding, yes?

ShineDog
May 21, 2007
It is inevitable!
Trucking on with FFXIII. This is not going to get any better, is it?

The combat is pretty fun, but basically everything else.. drat. The real problem I'm having is there is no set up, no world building, you jump in in media res with everything going to poo poo, but it's impossible to give a drat about why you should care about a thing after the tragedy occurs.

FF7, you tool around the slums, get to know the people and it's weird whimsical nature, you learn whats at stake and what you are fighting over, so theres a reason to give a poo poo when the plate comes down.

In 9 you tool around the Alexandria and it's a fun fantasy kingdom and so you give a drat when Bahamut starts tearing poo poo up and everything goes to hell.

Even 8 gives you some time to get to know the ridiculous school before it gets attacked, god drat 13 is a mess. All this crazy spectacular poo poo happening and not one reason to give a drat. I'm not hugely far in (second flashback?) but are they ever going to actually let me see the civilisation I'm supposed to give a hoot about? I know it's linear, but the entire plot so far has been "run away from army/calamity, occasionally grab a breather"

Does this ever actually improve or should I just hop over to Lost Odyssey now?

(Everyone hates lightning apparently but she keeps hauling off and punching the paedophile in the face so she's OK with me)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShineDog
May 21, 2007
It is inevitable!
Was it one of the Suikoden games where.. Gremio gets eaten by spores?

If not what game was that?