Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Why is FF3 hated so much? I remember really liking the NES translation and the original DS one. Hell, it's the introduction of the job system!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

HD Remaster of Crisis Core sounds pretty awesome actually...I loved that game.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Wait, people are honestly saying FFIX wasn't a nod to the original Final Fantasies? As someone who started since the first one as a child I thought it was pretty obvious...and probably why I enjoyed it the most.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

So I'm kind of at that point in FFX where I'm at the end game but nowhere near ready to fight the Monster Arena bosses. What's the best way to grind AP? Is it just Omega Dungeon? I was thinking double / triple AP and grinding on cactuar town may be pretty good, but not sure on that one...

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

So who has to ride in the bitch seat? And what are the chances the car is named Chocobo?

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Goondolences.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

XIV is way better than XI ever was....easily the best MMO since WoW.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Does it really count as grinding if I fight every enemy along the way to the next story beat, as well as completing sidequests in the area before proceeding? I usually end up overleveled, but it's how I've always played these games....

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Is it just me or is the story in Final Fantasy XIII-2 kind of...terrible? I mean, I kind of dug Final Fantasy XIII's story for whatever reason, but XIII-2 essentially throws that out a hour into the loving game. And the time travel stuff is absolutely nonsense, I'm about to beat the game and I have noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo loving idea why Sazh and Snow are time travelers yet Hope had to build a time capsule or whatever the gently caress. Noel's story is kind of interesting but is ruined by Caius being the worst thing ever. And why are Lightning and Serah saviors and have magic eye powers? Because a goddess decided they were the ones? Ugh, this game has absolutely no idea what it's doing story wise at all.

The gameplay is pretty fun though! Please tell me Lightning Returns' story is not nearly as dumb as this one, because this is honestly the worst Final Fantasy story I've ever witnessed...worse than 8 (lol orphanage) and X-2. Hell, it's probably one of the worst video game stories I've ever experienced.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

mandatory lesbian posted:

pokemon is good so i'm cool with final fantasy pokemon, much like i was cool with it when it was FF13-2

The best thing about XIII-2 is the combat and the Pokemon aspects of it. Despite the complaints I have about the story it's actually a fun game to play...so I wouldn't call it a bad game. It just has a story that makes absolutely no sense and ruins anything good XIII's story had going with it (which yes, you had to read a lot of documentation to get most of it...but it wasn't bad!)

Edit:

NikkolasKing posted:

And worse than FFVIII? Let's not say things we will regret.

I have never finished FFVIII despite getting to the final dungeon because of how stupid that orphanage scene is and the amount of hoops it has to go through to make that "work." Once as a teenager, and once as an adult I have put the controller down and stopped playing right after it.

Edit 2: The actual best part of XIII-2 is Crazy Chocobo, my bad.

Kirios fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Dec 26, 2015

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Xavier434 posted:

But does it have floating red boxes?

This is very important information.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Playing through Final Fantasy X-2 for the first time and...it's quite fun! The battle system is really great!

The story sucks but ehh, after FFXIII-2 this one seems brilliant in comparison.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Oh my God FFX-2's girl power is starting to get extremely irritating. Way too poppy for the serious story the game's trying to portray.

Also Rikku is the loving worst. She was bad in FFX, but MAN, she is dialed to 11 in FFX-2.

Edit: Cool victory fanfare though! Doo doo doooooo

Kirios fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Apr 25, 2016