Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Schwartzcough posted:

It's amazing how much poo poo FFVIII fans make up in their heads to cover that disaster of a story.

It's amazing how much poo poo FFVIII detractors make up in their heads to cover their inability to read.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Oh good I wasn't the only one who saw that.

I just assumed I was having a stroke.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Barudak posted:

Every page is about FF8, the best and only Final Fantasy game.

Same but unironically

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

https://twitter.com/Nitroid/status/1095028855574880257

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Nah

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

MonsieurChoc posted:

Both Xenogears and Chrono Cross got screwed over by FFVIII.

Earning my eternal resentment.

It's pretty amazing how thoroughly this can be debunked but people will keep saying it to justify an impotent hate when the other talking points fail.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

Only a cop would argue SaGa Frontier wasn't great.

But what about the cop in SaGa Frontier?

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

I like aspects of both translations, and there's things I like about each that, in a perfect version, I couldn't imagine going without. I'm a filthy centrist please :thermidor: me.

Though speaking of a perfect version, I would kinda like to see a bit more of a 'language' difference of sorts between like the nobles, clergy, and lowborn. Maybe have Delita or Tietra lapse into it now and again, and that's why they get some weird looks at times, idk.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Barudak posted:

Unless its FFX where I dont think the party kills a single living thing.

Seymour was living, for a time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Cleretic posted:

I haven't played Gundam Versus (sadly I know barely any Gundam, but I would like to, it's up my alley), but it's definitely a lot more engaging and better-designed than Xenoverse and Jump Force. I think part of that might be that with a comparatively small cast, and a wealth of mechanical inspiration, they can come up with a lot of ways to make characters distinct from each other and faithful to their source material.

Yeah, they're really different genres, you've got stuff like the Naruto/DBZ/that new kill la kill thing/etc brawlers in one camp and your Gundam Versus/DFFAC/Gunslinger Stratos/etc competitive fighters in the other. But they're similar enough on an aesthetic level that they're lumped together without any thought to the mechanics and whatnot.