Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

Calaveron posted:

Oh man you guys should watch Final Fantasy Unlimited but don't actually watch it though because it is repetitive, tedious and hella dumb.

Final Fantasy Unlimited was one of the only two anime series ever to give me an actual headache from its sheer mind-numbing idiocy and incoherency.

The other was Knights of Ramune.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT
Just registered for weenie baby mode. Hope I don't start with White Mage again this time, that made things way too easy!

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

Pablo Gigante posted:

I'm actually hella thinking about this too since I never actually beat FF5 and I'm almost done with FF4!

Do it! I completed the challenge last year, and I'd never beaten the game before that. It's really fun!

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

Lilli posted:

I'm getting more and more excited about FJF as it draws closer. Just five more days now!

Four. The event starts midnight of the 17th, Tokyo time. That's Saturday at about 8:00 in the morning for me, here in the Pacific time zone.

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT
Started with Blue Mage. So far, this has not been a challenge at all! At least, compared to last year's challenge where I started with White Mage.

Just got the Hiryu, so it's off to get my next job!

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT
Got to Walse, got Frog Song, just managed to steal away the Elf Mantle, then beat Garula with little effort and got my second job...

BERSERKER :gonk:

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

Evil Fluffy posted:

How'd you get frog song and steal a mantle?

Frog Song from the Elf Toads in the back room of Walse Castle, the Elven Mantle from the treasure chest in the basement where the Jackanapes is.

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT
Two Frost Rods: 1500 gil
Proving that fighting bosses properly is for suckers: Priceless

And my fire job is... NINJA! :woop:

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT
And my final lineup is... Blue Mage, Berserker, Ninja, and Dragoon!

I am quite okay with this situation. Especially thanks to Blue Mage.

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

:toot:

My strategy came down to a lot of cheesing — my Dragoon dual-wielded Dragon Spears and jumped on Shinryu's head repeatedly, my Blue Mage cast Berserk on him with the Wonder Wand, and then Blue Mage and Ninja alternated between throwing up !Image and stuffing Phoenix Downs down people's throats.

I have no idea how I'm going to beat Omega with this setup!

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

Mill Village posted:

I assume he's going to use frost rods as items to kill him.

You have to equip the rod first, though.

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

It's all right. Just get a Death Sickle ASAP.

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

Mill Village posted:

These are also the same people who prefer Japanese voice acting over English voice acting, on account of not understanding the language at all.

Made a slight amendment. Often, the reason they prefer the Japanese dub is that if they understood the language, they would realize how bad the voice acting is.

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

Kin posted:

Whoever is narrating that needs to be locked in a basement with no connection to the outside world.

Look, he clearly already has been.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

Conduit for Sale! posted:

All the good stuff in Nier must be after ending A, because I played the game through to ending A and it seemed pretty mediocre.

You haven't beaten Nier until you've at least seen Ending B.