Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Pesky Splinter posted:

I prefer the Distant Worlds version, especially at the part where the two male singers sing in unison.
"Maria! Maria! I LOVE you SOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

Makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand on end.

And now with glorious 1080p sprites to go with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

GreenBuckanneer posted:

What happened to Alyssa? Everyone forgot her but Hope said she was still around...

This is actually one of the more, uh, 'subtle' I guess, points in the game. When you step through that one gate in Academia after collecting all those thingimajigs, Alyssa betrays you and sends you right to Caius. She does this because she finds out that she shouldn't really exist; in the original timeline, she's the one who died, not her friend, and that's why she gets flashes of it. Once you fix some paradoxes, it's as if Alyssa was never there; she's dead and gone, and has been for years.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I like Noel. His backstory and relation with Caius could have been explored more, but he called out Serah and Snow on their poo poo sometimes, and he's never really annoying. Also his theme is really nice.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Yeah, I'm gonna have to see that in motion before I pass judgement on it.

(it looks dumb)

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Every game is the worst game/best game in the series.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Cape Cod Crab Chip posted:

she'll spend one of her ATB bars running up to the enemy to try to launch it, during which she deals no damage and her ATB bar doesn't charge or anything. By the time she reaches the enemy, Noel already launched it long ago, so she has to jump up there and deliver her piss-weak melee attack before switching to the Ruin chaining, which (again, if memory serves) is slower than Ruin spamming on the ground due to the way her casting works. That said, though, most enemies die before launch juggling becomes necessary, unlike 13. It's kind of the same thing with the concerns mentioned above

You could just cancel the attack though?

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

She will also be voiced by Laura Bailey.

And will talk like Kainé. :getin:

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

The ATB trailer makes it look really really fun, dang.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Who wants a New 13-3 trailer? Well, uh, not exactly entirely new. New stuff starts at 1:38.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Pesky Splinter posted:

It's like she stole an iron gate and decided to strap it to her arm.
The first one looks a little better, but something seems off.

Probably those cold, dead eyes on that dollface staring at you.
Seriously. :catstare:

Still the best one she's had since 13 though, yes.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

:buddy:

Terper fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Jan 17, 2013

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmbgCBZ86z4&t=13s

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Arrrthritis posted:

B) Are villain characters worth learning? So far I've been having a blast playing Onion Knight, Tifa, and Bartz, but I feel like Golbez has a lot of potential to combo like a motherfucker. But I dunno if they're actually worth learning and mastering or if they're just gimmicky characters for the sake of gimmicks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1aY_m2PIvk

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

There are 575 different fanfictions of Versus 13 on fanfiction.net at the time of this post.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

SpazmasterX posted:

More like Witch from the future controls witches in the past to kompress time, loses to power of friendship, INFINITE RECURSIVE TIME LOOP, SQUALL IS DEAD.

Fixed that for you. :smuggo:

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

These look actually really cool though, wow. Way more inspired than that wierd city. I mean it won't look that good in-game, but still.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I thought this one was kinda nice. :shobon:

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

That looks too good for a PS3 game. Wonder what it looks like in motion.

According to the trailers we've seen: pretty bad. Framedrops were a problem in 13-2, and the trailers don't make it look that has changed.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I dig that, really, but Auron's higher-poly model looks off. It's his eyes: compare the upscaled one to the new one, you can actually see his eyes now. I dunno, I think it makes him give off another impression.

I'm not complaining, mind you, these new models are really great overall.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Griever posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hw5aFX0mlkY
E3 trailer for Lightning Returns - release date is 11th Feb 2014

"You gonna try to kill me? Huh?"

Oh Baker. :allears: Nice axe, too. Should have used that in the first game.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Their interactions will always have a sad, somber piano theme going in the background. Even during the final boss fight.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Pablo Gigante posted:

SE's having a conference right now and they just confirmed FFXV is coming to the XBone as well.

Is it being streamed? I'd like a link if so.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Crossing Those Hills from FF9 got remixed in E3.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yc47m029HtE

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

They had music playing in the streams and on the show floor, so for that.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Krad posted:

So... do we have a release date for XV? They they say 2014 at some point? Did they even use the word "release," ever?

It's... it's going to be stuck in limbo again, isn't it. :ohdear:

Considering they've rebranded it into a main title, at least it HAS to actually be released.

Sometime. :v:

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Mazed posted:

guy who thinks mohawks and glasses go together (probably a rival)

We saw this guy in the 2011 trailer. He's your driver (and seems fairly cool).

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Here's an interesting dissection of the trailer. Very gif heavy.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Here's some demo footage of 13-3. Will probably be a higher quality version of it later, though.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

At one point in development, Nomura wanted to make XV into a... musical.

Honestly I think I'd kinda like that. :v:

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

To be fair, this is what happened last time.

And when you think about it, the earlier games also had inspirations like that. FF6 and opera, FF9 and theatre...

Terper fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Jun 13, 2013

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

As much as I'd love some buttrock, I'm totally cool with Shimomura's compositions and I'm really happy she finally gets to be in a mainline Final Fantasy game.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

FFXV has already shown more characterisation and life with the characters with that high-five than XIII ever did with its dialogues.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Momomo posted:

On a scale of one to high five, where would that put X then?

see it's funny because it's literally "X" and they highfive

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

In a few months years you'll all be here posting about how cool and unique and badass they are MARK MY WORDS. :byodood:

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Just hand the localisation over to 8-4, thanks.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Woah, woah, let's not make this the best game ever here, slow down a little.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

NikkolasKing posted:

Liam's been doing voices for years but he does one role in a non-main title FF and people start fangasming ove him all the time. I don't get it.

He's also Kain in FF4DS and Dissidia. :colbert:

Besides, he's done excellent voicework in other games. We're not limited to only liking FF stuff you know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Wu9DnbzB8g