Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Samba De Amigo
Jun 11, 2014

Kortel posted:

Huh, I thought Cristina Vee only did music. Cool.

Na, she's got quite a few VA roles as well. Most recently she was in Conception II and Ys: Memories of Celceta.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samba De Amigo
Jun 11, 2014

morallyobjected posted:

Isn't that pretty much all the PSX FFs, though? I don't remember a whole bunch of straight-up reskins in any of them, though it has admittedly been a while.

I think you're right on this one. It's been a long time for 7 for me so I dunno about that one, but as far as 8 and 9 go they don't have a lot of enemy reskins. Which is nice because it's apparent in their respective card games.

Samba De Amigo
Jun 11, 2014

Evil Fluffy posted:

^^^^ SE seems to just let other companies make the mobile games now. Mobage made Record Keeper and Alim is making a Brave Frontier not-a-clone-we-promise Final Fantasy game.

Please no. Give it to Atlus, Monolith Soft, or even Bandai-Namco; but for fucks sake do not let SE anywhere near Breath of Fire. The only company that'd gently caress it up harder would be Konami as we've seen with Suikoden's DS and PSP nightmares. The time of SE having a hand in good Breath of Fire games has passed.

To be fair Konami did kind of try. Kind of?

Tactics was enjoyable, but Tierkreis is just... :negative:

Samba De Amigo
Jun 11, 2014

forbidden lesbian posted:

Every game is the best game in the series.

Woah now, don't get too ahead of yourself! We wouldn't want to say anything we can't take back.

InfinityComplex posted:

So what I'm getting at for FF15 is that it's going to be ultimate road trip. Right?

I'm only buying it if I get DLC car horns for my road trip.

Samba De Amigo
Jun 11, 2014

Level Slide posted:

Tabata already confirmed Stella won't be a player character, so I'm holding out for XV-2 in which she hitches rides with fantasy truckers. Or drives her own 18-wheeler.

Mini-games include delivering the cargo on time to pay the bills. You have your choice of one cab 'companion' in the form of a dog or cat (which you cannot customize, RIP)

Samba De Amigo
Jun 11, 2014

The ideas just seem to flow

Samba De Amigo
Jun 11, 2014

Endorph posted:

it's amazing how, for people who like to smugly joke about how video game writing is bad, goons are absolutely loving terrible at understanding stories

This is why one of the nightmares that keeps me up at night is that Telltale makes a Something Awful 'interactive drama graphic adventure', sponsored by LowTax.

Samba De Amigo
Jun 11, 2014

KamikazePotato posted:

I'm going to defend FF9's writing here, I think people are really underselling it. The main plot isn't anything special, but I think the characters and the overarching themes of loneliness and finding your place in the world were done really well in a lot of characters and I have yet to see a JRPG do that as well.

Also Tales of the Abyss has good concepts and absolutely godawful execution, and it's also a hypocrite about its own messages (ex: Luke is shat on for something that's not really his fault while other characters get away with outright murder and betrayal).

I feel that FF9 tried to hamfist the finding your own place a little bit, but it turned out alright imo. I probably won't go as far as you though.

ToA is neither here not there but yea that plot is executed poorly. IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT THAT YOU WERE CLONED! IF ONLY YOU DIDN'T EXIST! IF ONLY YOU DIDN'T TAKE HIS/MY PLACE!

Poor Luke.

Samba De Amigo
Jun 11, 2014

deadlyrhetoric posted:

Isn't that Xenogears/Xenosaga?

Definitely Xenogears

Pureauthor posted:

Ok, no. I refuse to accept this opinion. Not in a universe where the ToS2 cast and someone like Edge Maverick exists.

Also c'mon guys you're being really hard on Edge! Didn't you see all the CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT he had after wiping out an entire human civilization and population from a planet in a parallel universe mirroring his own?

God just remembering SO4 makes me pretty upset.

Samba De Amigo fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Jan 8, 2015

Samba De Amigo
Jun 11, 2014

Fister Roboto posted:

Anime exists within the world of Final Fantasy XIII, the biggest anime. Praise Allah.

Holy. I never noticed that.

Keep your paws off my mang- datalogs Jeff!

Samba De Amigo
Jun 11, 2014
So with I'm assuming it will be the same as the challenge that was in the Japanese version, The Ambition of Shinra and the Legend Reborn, in which case that's a lot of stages to clear.

The info I'm looking at from the Japanese version has it going up to floor 66-70 with about 3 stages per set of floors. There's a boss on floor 10 and floor 20, so I wonder if that continues to the top. That's a lot of bosses if so. Each set of 5 floors also has a first-time/mastery reward so the event is crazy worth it even without Sephiroth/Tifa being taken into consideration.

Looking forward to this, hopefully the difficulty spike won't be too severe since it's a challenge dungeon.

Samba De Amigo
Jun 11, 2014

Terper posted:

I love you all

But do you love yourself? That still counts as hating someone in the thread.

Samba De Amigo
Jun 11, 2014

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

When is the boss that is ranged only in record keeper

Floor 60.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samba De Amigo
Jun 11, 2014

Ragequit posted:

Aw yeah, Final Fantasy Tactics is finally out on Android.

Finally... it's been so long :negative: