Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.
Out of the old school FF games that made it to the US, VI rightfully gets all the glory, but IV was also bloody brilliant, especially to me as a young child. It has everything, Dark Knights that find their touchy healy sides, Chocobos, nasty summons, Three YES THATS THREE overworlds, I think 3 or 4 different pilotable airships, a tank, and MOTHERFUCKING SPACE WHALE. It wasn't the first FF to pull a massive awesome scale change gotcha and it sure as hell wasn't the last, but it did it right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

To everyone who talked poo poo about Advent Children, gently caress you. It's flawed in various ways but the nonstop barrage of awesome characters, locations, and combat make it a one way ticket to nerdgasmville.

Here are some things that actually happen over the course of the movie: Tifa gets hurled at a wall and owns the loving landing, nearly destroying the back wall of Aeris' church. Cloud beats the poo poo out of Bahamut in mid-air after being boosted into the stratosphere by a gravity defying chain of his friends. Everyone smugly sits around on the airship while Cloud beats the crap out of Sephiroth by using the Six Paths of Pain. Cloud continually pulls other swords out of his sword :black101:. Reno and Rude walk around all over the place being awesome and getting their asses kicked. Rufus outshines anything he does in the games and pisses off the whiny wannabe Sephiroths by DODGING A loving BULLET and hurling himself off of a giant building with Jenova's core in hand.

I could go on and on. Such a good movie. Then again my favorite movie ever is Big Trouble in Little China, so clearly I have a tolerance for good cheese.

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

Azure_Horizon posted:

This is pretty much exactly why Advent Children is so bad.

I don't know what to tell you man, you seem to be from some sort of negaverse where fun sucks.