Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
I'm playing the Fiend Arena in X-2, unlocked Standard CUp: Hard, and they really put a Rukh in that tournament? Really? You must be joking, right? :gonk: That guy's way too strong to be in an early game cup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

Well, discovered that Telekinesis makes life so much easier in the arena :v: Rukh is everything proof, except for that. It's wonderful against everything but Oversouled fiends it looks like.

Armitage fucked around with this message at 18:57 on May 17, 2015

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

maou shoujo posted:

Those two don't show up until you've cleared that cup a few times. Once they do though they become INCREDIBLY obnoxious, as they outclass everything else in the cup, so you'll need to fight them pretty much every single time. Plus they take ages to defeat unless you are already super-leveled.

An even later cup includes goddamn Trema. If you can beat him consistently though, you can farm that cup to get many Iron Dukes and Keys to Success.

It seems like the extra tough monsters and super bosses in X-2 are a bit more intimidating than the Monster Arena and Penance in X.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

Name Aeris Lord Humungus

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

Put Buddy in all the old games as a playable character

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

The Chocobo Minigame FFX is about half as fun as getting hit by a truck.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

Kyrosiris posted:

instead of FF13 make Blitzball Manager and bring it to steam

Put in characters from other Final Fantasies and I'm down.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

I wouldn't want to see the Fiend Arena version of Nooj in a Blitzball game though, he could probably beat any team you can come up with all by himself.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

Cloche posted:

I feel like Nomura's worst Final Fantasy design is often overlooked because of the long shadow cast by Dirge of Cerberus.

This dude owns. Even Shalua and DARKNESS guy (the two most extreme examples that leap to mind) have okay elements when you take them in isolation - the labcoat, the bodysuit, whatever. There isn't anything about Nooj that's remotely acceptable.

His Fiend arena fight is unacceptable :mad:

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

Too bad we're never getting a HD release of that version of FFXII.

I don't have a computer powerful enough to run a PS2 emulator :(

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

Oof, they droped the blitzball with Blitzball in FFX-2. Injuries are okay, if they didn't overdo it, and have it happen every time your player gets tackled. Another 9-10 game injury. Yippie I'm out of players.

Armitage fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Jun 28, 2015

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

I miss the leveling up in blitzball from FFX. Training in FFX-2 is an insane grind, and I don't know how to manipulate the biorhythm thing to properly train my guys so I can get the good blitzball prizes. Stuff like catch, pass, attack, and shooting tends to stay at a really low number.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

You do get some AP Eggs from Bltizball.

I also agree with the guy that wanted a standalone blitzball game. Make it like Football Manager or OOTP or something.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

if they actually make a blitzball game i hope they tone down the al bheds a little bit.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

Welp!

I'm playing the Final Fantasy Dimensions phone game, and there's this boss that is unbeatable. I thought it was a cutscene can't beat this guy boss kinda guy, Hecatoncheir, but apparently it's not.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

Gologle posted:

I've played this game almost to perfect completion (which in this case is really just maxing all jobs, collecting all memories, because Dimensions doesn't have a lot to keep players interested in 100% it) and I'm drawing a total blank on this. Which team is it, or if you're past where the teams reform, which jobs are you using on what people?

It's where you get the dark knight to be a temporary part of your Warriors of Darkness party. I've gotten to the point where he joins the battle. Problem is he misses his attacks, a lot, but that's something that's been normal throughout the game. I've found Precision Shot to be the best skill so far, and am grinding to get all my characters to get it. Unfortunately the dark knight that joins up doesn't have it.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

I finally took that guy down after leveling to 35. That area was the first time I felt I was a bit over my head in the game. I might have been a bit over leveled in other sections of the game so far, but with the encounter rate the way it is, it's kind of hard not to be over leveled. Oh well, onward! :v:

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

I hope that they're not really expecting me to feel any pity for the Avalon Empire at any point in Dimensions. With all the enemies that use Whack, Thwack, and Body Slam, I say, kill them all, repeatedly.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

It's either rote memoritzation on these superbosses, or a whole lot of luck. I was not going to beat Concherer in X-2, ever, unless it wouldn't use Megaton Press. I couldn't keep up with it.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

Hope it comes out for the PS3, might be a little bit before I splurge for a PS4.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

still think the chocobo racing one is pretty dang stupid and should have been adjusted in the remaster

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

zedprime posted:

Through some form of Stockholm Syndrome I would have been slightly disappointed. The first time I ever did it took like 2 or 3 hours, but now I can reliably do it in an hour of swearing at birds. For all the swearing at birds I come out at the end of the hour with a slightly fuzzy memory and some sort of feeling related to enjoyment.

Thinking about it, Stockholm Syndrome, a slightly fuzzy memory, and some sort of feeling related to enjoyment describes a lot of my favorite Final Fantasy experiences.

My experience with that dumb mini game: *doo doo doo* ah I am doing good with the balloons yaaaay *chocobo jumps in front of bird despite not being near a invisible boundary* gently caress YOU

FFX-2 is fun but I'd say it easily has the hardest superbosses in the series. Although I hear there's a monster combo that trivializes them.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

FFX-2 is about half the things you're fighting knocking your party down to 1 HP.

It would have saved everyone a lot of trouble in the first game if they asked Lucil to hit Sin with her Heartless Strike attack and then finishing Sin off by throwing a rock at it.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

pretend to care posted:

How is there not a cheat for this stuff? I just wanna bash Dark Aeons. Not waste hours of my life giving myself carpal tunnel in my thumbs.

Between having to hope for proper balloon placement and hoping the chocobo itself wouldn't screw with you near the end, I'd rather do the lightning dodging minigame blindfolded.

I actually would not be surprised if someone pulled it off.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

Someone better be bringing in a HUGE cake in that mod

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

I want to punch Anacondaur in the face repeatedly.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

I've wanted to try to 100% FFX-2 because I'm nuts. I unlocked the Farplane Cup and set some pretty good monsters in there to try to fight Trema, just to see what I can expect at the end of Via Infinito.

FFX-2 can take it's best ending and shove it.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

i think I drew better than that when I was 3, and to be perfectly honest i never got much better

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

If you can beat the chocobo racing quickly then you are the King of Video Games

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

Trying to go through Last Mission, just for completion purposes. Physical attack increases seem really rare when leveling. I usually get magic increases despite having both physical training and a wristband equipped.

This game is kind of why I don't particularly care for the 'random mystery dungeon' thing. It seems like this game tries to quadruple the bullshit from Nethack.

Armitage fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Aug 29, 2015

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

The Al-Bheds were much stronger in X-2's Blitzball.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

Picking up DImensions again, and in Matoya's chapter right now. My characters are around 44-45 and I feel like I'm really under leveled as I tackle the sewers beneath Gardenia. The random encounters hurt, like getting run over by a million trucks carrying a million smaller trucks.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

Gologle posted:

Yeah that areas a bit of an rear end in a top hat, because if I remember correctly the jobs you've gotten to that point (only Ranger, yes?) aren't great, but if you're like me you want to use it anyway because new job, and it only makes it worse on yourself. Thankfully Dancer is even worse! IIRC, the only reason you level these two jobs up is for the F-Abilities they make it possible to make, which are extremely potent.

What is a reliable way to learn f-abilities anyway? I can look up what abilities I need, it's just a matter of them taking about, say, 100-125 battles before I can learn them.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

The White Dragon posted:

It depends on how often you post on social media, and what. If Cloud Strife keeps talking about going to wal mart and seeing ratchets fighting, or "lol i cnant see my face #420

<thirty minutes later>

i meant i can't feel my face" it could honestly go either way.

cloud going 'loving OBAMA' and referencing conservative memes every twenty minutes

Armitage fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Oct 30, 2015

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

Going through FFXII right now, and yeah gently caress Surianders with their infinite hitting swipe attack.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

Amano had involvement in Angel's Egg so I'm a bit biased in saying i'm not a fan of his work.

If you ever want to deter someone from anime, show them that movie.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

more like fart ha ha ha. Should have made an omelet out of that egg.

Okay let's get a little bit serious. I was trying to get into anime in my younger days, and someone I knew recommended that movie. I watched it, sat through the whole thing and I ended up extremely confused when it was over. I felt like Krusty at the end of that Worker & Parasite cartoon. I guess it just wasn't for me :shrug:

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

Dunno how I managed to get through any portion of FFXII that has undead monsters. I should forget about trying to get Zalera, huh?

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

after that Sunscreen 'song' closed out the 1990s, I don't think I want to see a Baz Luhrmann influenced anything.

That's two extremely weird things that I've gone on record as not caring anything for in this thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

Just somehow beat Cuchulainn in FF12. Not sure if I want to try that fight again without shoving Quickenings down it's throat. Trying to go toe to toe with it was a horrible idea.