Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
That is looking seriously awesome. You have some great skills and you're taking the time to do it right. Keep it up! :)

Tokico Blues are pretty great struts. I didn't realize they were still making new ones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
Also that shade of green is loving incredible. I want to paint everything I own in it.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
Sounds like some bad luck, but the Scout is at least still coming along. Congratulations on your new son :)

I wish there were an easy way to get that kind of sleeve bushing out, but I've never even had luck with presses.

If the Datsun has air conditioning, often the related parts can go for quite a bit (especially the compressor) so it might be worth seeing if you can sell that on.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

CatBus posted:

3) I was shuffling cars over the weekend, and my son pushed his “truck” into the garage to take a look at it. He said it was “broken.”

Did you fix it? :colbert:

I have no idea why they started adding eyes to those push cars. It turns them from wacky fun cars to weird frightening things with dead eyes.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
I bet you could throw bedliner on top of Dynamat heatshield mat, or spray barbeque paint in the footwells and trans tunnel first.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
I'll miss the Datsun but that looks like a pretty great project on its own.

I assume you're going to start by emptying out the engine bay, cleaning up all that rust and gunk and giving it a nice new coat of POR? :)

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
Wow, don't feel bad. You've done an amazing amount of work in such a short time. We can run shifts keeping the thread alive until you're ready to get back in it.

I've never seen a stud welder in use before, I always wondered how bodyshops got those little studs on the bodywork with an arc or spot welder. So much more sense now.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
Not a bad deal on a box at all. I got a Mastercraft one from Canadian Tire recently and it's been pretty good apart from some minor build quality issues with the threaded holes for the casters.

I need to find a good deal on wall cabinets and then I'm set.

Too bad the Datsun is gone but I'm glad it went to someone good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
I did the 17x7 plus 225/45/17 game with RS3s - there was a lot of sidewall slop. jamal is right about getting a wider wheel.

Jealous of 15" wheel prices :)

• Locked thread