Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Alien Rope Burn posted:

Amused to see that blog namedrop both Breakfast Cult and Spirit of '77.

Dude knows what's up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sad Mammal
Feb 5, 2008

You see me laughin
Is there a place to buy Nechronica that isn't Ebay?

Fake edit: in the U.S., here.

Davzz
Jul 31, 2008
Normally I think Honto would be the cheapest option (relatively speaking) by utilizing SAL, but they don't seem to carry it.

Amazon.jp will certainly ship to the US, but you're going to pay out of your rear end for that.

Rakuten's cheaper than Amazon, but still not that cheap.

Sad Mammal
Feb 5, 2008

You see me laughin
Hmm, and Rakuten doesn't appear to carry it either. Better get ready to pay out the rear end, I guess :sigh:

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

There's only one thing in the mountains that leaves a track like this. The creature of legend that roams the Timberline. My people named him Sasquatch. You call him... Bigfoot.
So Ver Blue posted a preview of the color pages for the next Double Cross book a while back (Over a month ago, actually), with a note that it's still on track to come out in December.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
I remember there was a translation of the great meikyuu kingdom in the works. Has there been any progress on that front? Kickstarter, even?

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

Thread is over here, silent since July.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Baron Snow posted:

Thread is over here, silent since July.

That is a bit disconcerting.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
The rumor I heard is that the last translation attempt died out, but I don't know any details.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

I hate that I've wanted this game for years and I'll never get it. :(

OtspIII
Sep 22, 2002

Evil Mastermind posted:

I hate that I've wanted this game for years and I'll never get it. :(

I'm holding out hope. There's no way it won't get picked up eventually.

Kaja Rainbow
Oct 17, 2012

~Adorable horror~
Check over on the linked thread for a status report.

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

Kaja Rainbow posted:

Check over on the linked thread for a status report.

Intercontinental publishing logistics can be a bummer, but at least it's not dead yet.

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

There's only one thing in the mountains that leaves a track like this. The creature of legend that roams the Timberline. My people named him Sasquatch. You call him... Bigfoot.
So per Ver Blue amusement's google+ page, Infinity Code's at the printers and should be looked for either this week or next in their online store. Guess I'll be getting myself some Double Cross for Christmas.

CHaKKaWaKka
Aug 6, 2001

I've chosen my next victim. Cry tears of joy it's not you!

Infinity Code, Double Cross' latest supplement is now out. It has some nice new powers for the existing syndromes. Bram Stokers in particular seem to get a lot of love.

And Chimaeras get a power called.... Monstrous Backside.

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

Ouroboros looks like it'll be a blast to play once you get a handle on all the Primordial options you can pick from to make a character. In the meantime, I will always be a fan of shadow powers.

While I'm here, thanks to Bloody Blessing, a pureblood Bram Stoker can have a 54 attack power weapon! That's as much as FIVE space shuttles (Space Shuttles only have 10 attack power (Segways by the way, have 0 (I still love the fact you can kill someone with a segway)))!

Lv 7 Crimson Sword, pay 21 HP to get a 23 attack weapon, combine with Blood of Destruction Lv 5 to boost the attack by 10 to 33. Bloody Blessing Lv 7 gets you 21 additional attack, for a total of 54. And all it takes you is: 23 HP, 12 encroachment, a Major action to summon a Red Servant beforehand (or if you're silly, buying Blood Bonds and having it out beforehand), and 140 total XP (+15 if Blood Bonds, +5 per level (XP mitigated by construction purchases))! I'm not even counting Encroachment Rate bonuses, or T-Loises because :effort:.

EDIT: Oh yeah, armors include Bruce Lee's yellow track suit, a protective business suit, and school uniforms.
EDIT 2: Basically, Double Cross still owns.

NachtSieger fucked around with this message at 11:39 on Dec 9, 2014

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

Also, El Kabong, now a viable PC.

Guitar:

Type: Melee Skill: <Melee>
Acc: -3 Atk. Power: 2
Guard: 0 RNG: Close
Procure/Stock: 7/3
A musical instrument and
emergency blunt weapon.
Equip Effect: Your <Art: Music>
checks receive a + 1 score bonus.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!

NachtSieger posted:

(Segways by the way, have 0 (I still love the fact you can kill someone with a segway))!

The only version of Kamen Rider we haven't seen yet: Kamen Rider Segway.

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

This seems to be the "Oh, hey, D&D 4E had some good ideas" sourcebook, as there's a skill challenge system (Which may actually be one of the better implementations of that sort of thing I've seen) and at least one marking-like power; angel halos can become so shiny that if you attack anyone but them, you take a penalty.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Does Infinity Code have any new setting stuff, or is it just new powers?

I wish they'd do a Print & PDF bundle. :(

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

There's some metaplot development stuff and some new NPCs, as well as some backstory on the new syndrome and how the factions react to it.

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

So besides the new Syndrome, each other Syndrome gets 6 new powers...except Bram Stoker.

Which gets 23.

I can't tell if that's a "We know our target audience" thing or a "The author really likes vampires with blood monkey henchmen." thing

Tulul
Oct 23, 2013

THAT SOUND WILL FOLLOW ME TO HELL.

:v:

Anyway, I like this book, but I'm a little disappointed by the new Syndrome. I was expecting power copying to mean more Rogue-esque power swiping in the middle of the fight (which to be fair, you can do, but there's only one power for it), not that you could just take powers from other Syndromes.

The new Neumann power that lets you smack-talk people to death is amazing, though.

e: The power is called Offensive Language.

Tulul fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Dec 15, 2014

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
I like big Gjuam and I cannot lie
You other Overed can't deny

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

It sounds like I should pick up this book.

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

Tulul posted:

Anyway, I like this book, but I'm a little disappointed by the new Syndrome. I was expecting power copying to mean more Rogue-esque power swiping in the middle of the fight (which to be fair, you can do, but there's only one power for it), not that you could just take powers from other Syndromes.

Yeah, I was hoping for more to the "Shadow Powers" angle of it instead of being almost entirely built around 'copy powers, gently caress with other people's renegade' but maybe we'll get some of that in another book.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Are there any expansions/new books for the Kantai Collection RPG???

Ewen Cluney
May 8, 2012

Ask me about
Japanese elfgames!

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

Are there any expansions/new books for the Kantai Collection RPG???
Not sure if you're being serious, but they came out with 3 sourcebooks, which have replays and add a bunch of Kanmusu characters to play, plus some new rules and such.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Ewen Cluney posted:

Not sure if you're being serious, but they came out with 3 sourcebooks, which have replays and add a bunch of Kanmusu characters to play, plus some new rules and such.

Did they stat the Abyssal Fleet as well? Can I run an Abyssal Fleet game and play as my wife, Midway Hime?

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Giant robots shouldn't fight!

For xmas my parents preordered ryuutama for me

Ewen Cluney
May 8, 2012

Ask me about
Japanese elfgames!

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

Did they stat the Abyssal Fleet as well? Can I run an Abyssal Fleet game and play as my wife, Midway Hime?
AFAIK the supplements only cover regular Kanmusu (they add about 120 of them across the 3 supplements), though they don't have a list in the product descriptions or anything. OTOH statting up characters on your own wouldn't be all that hard.

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Do you see how he's a cat?

Little_wh0re posted:

For xmas my parents preordered ryuutama for me

Your parents are cool people.

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Apropos of nothing, are there Japanese TTRPGS out there that emulate Sunday morning stuff, like tokusatsu or magical girls?

Covok
May 27, 2013

TurninTrix posted:

Apropos of nothing, are there Japanese TTRPGS out there that emulate Sunday morning stuff, like tokusatsu or magical girls?

While these aren't JRPGs, there is Ewen Cluney's Magical Burst and Ewen Clueny's Magical Fury. Both of them are for darker magical girl stories, though. Not the type for Sunday Mornings.

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Covok posted:

While these aren't JRPGs, there is Ewen Cluney's Magical Burst and Ewen Clueny's Magical Fury. Both of them are for darker magical girl stories, though. Not the type for Sunday Mornings.

All respect to Ewen, but I really did mean Japanese RPGs. Like, I wanna know what sort of games exist like that in Japan, since America has Primetime Adventures and all that.

Like, the only game I know even approaching the genre is that Touhou doujin game, and it was kind of ~terrible~.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Covok posted:

Those both look interesting. How are they?

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Do you see how he's a cat?

Xelkelvos posted:

Those both look interesting. How are they?

Magical Burst has some design issues (notably, Youma are far too fragile), but on the whole it's a pretty decent system. I can't speak to Magical Fury since I haven't played it.

thark
Mar 3, 2008

bork

TurninTrix posted:

I don't know of anything modern that does either of those straight (although I would be highly surprised if there hasn't been SOMETHING), but...

SNE has Parasite Blood which sort of a white wolf-style beast within / play-the-monster themed henshin hero game.

One of Adventure Planning Serivce's cyclofiction games is Magikalogia which is pretty much the unofficial Madoka Magica game, so that' has magical girls I guess, but is pretty far from Sunday morning.

Ewen Cluney
May 8, 2012

Ask me about
Japanese elfgames!
I made Magical Fury because I was getting really frustrated with Magical Burst. MF is a super-simple game based on a variant of the Powered by the Apocalypse (the dice mechanic is straight from The Sundered Land). The implied setting is a little different too, with reincarnation being a major theme.

TurninTrix posted:

All respect to Ewen, but I really did mean Japanese RPGs. Like, I wanna know what sort of games exist like that in Japan, since America has Primetime Adventures and all that.

Like, the only game I know even approaching the genre is that Touhou doujin game, and it was kind of ~terrible~.
The only sentai TRPG from Japan I've gotten my hands on is a parody mini-RPG called Seigiranger (Seiji = Justice), from an RPG anthology book called "TRPG Super Session Daikyouen." In Seigiranger the heroes have to get sponsors in order to pay for their robots and such. There was also apparently a licensed Zyuuranger TRPG.

For magical girls, I've pretty much only seen doujin adaptations of anime series, and then it's more along the lines of Madoka Magica RPGs (though I did once see a website for a circle that had made GURPS Cardcaptor Sakura).

In general it seems like with Japanese TRPGs there's a lot less games that try to adapt a genre of TV shows or similar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doodmons
Jan 17, 2009
Posting to inform everyone who hasn't played it that Tenra Bansho Zero is the poo poo and way better than I thought it was going to be. Giving aiki to other players for being awesome and even to the GM if he does a particularly good bit is super cool, the Cheering mechanic is awesome, the setting is pure distilled bugnuts the likes of which I haven't seen since 40k and every character you can play is awesome. The session we played was: a disgraced former general, a ninja assassin and a T-1000 go on a pilgrimage for spiritual enlightenment and come across a conspiracy to breed Annalids. Flashbacks, flying swordfights and much honourable dialogue is had.

Whoever translated this masterpiece, I salute you. The entire book is the translator quite clearly going "In Japanese this is really clever" and desperately trying to get across how good the writing is without ruining it as a rulebook.

• Locked thread