Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

zythyl posted:

I have a good grasp of engagement designs and level design.
Well good for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Your kinds of let's play are what is referred to as "poo poo" in these parts, maybe you should just stick to youtube.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

zythyl posted:

I was talking to another dude about this and the consensus was that so far as horror games go it's fine, but for anything else it's just a loving nuisance. So yeah, I'm considering it. But only for specific titles.

No, just No.
We are fine with having a little cam in the corner if you are doing something interesting like what Vicas did with his super mario 64 lp (he played it with his feet) or of example you are playing Steel Batalion and want the show that you are using the giant controller it comes with, but if it's just your reaction to something, then no, it's just boring.

David D. Davidson fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Feb 7, 2013

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Ask him to sacrifice his Firstborn child.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
So I've been making a series of deliberately crap Let's play videos for youtube and now that I'm done with the preliminary work (parodying the "I must be the first to make a video of this game" mentality as well as day one let's play) and with the next video I'm going to actually start recording actual gameplay videos (with mandatory facecam) and now I need some advice on making sure that they are crap. So how should I make my videos worse? I'm thinking of putting on an into that goes on for too long for a starters is this a good Idea?

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

senrath posted:

That said, I have to echo the question about why you want to do this. Just to see how many subscribers you can get with the absolute worst crap you can put out, or something?

Fun mostly.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Did you guys even notice the My Little Pony background?

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
I would advise adding a bit more info to your op to tell what the game is about.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
IS A MAN NOT ENTITLED TO THE SWEAT OF HIS BROW? lET'S PLAY SYSTEM SOCK 3

BioSystem infinte is a largely forgotten game that had no impact on the gaming industry and has recieved critial reviews citing it as the single worst game ever made.
With reviews saying

ign posted:

what is this crap?

shacknews posted:

this is just horrible

Yahtzee Croshaw posted:

Who the gently caress are you and what are you doing in my refrigerator? Get out before I call the cops you bellend.
Development was hell and with many stories that are well know among the gaming community. In fact, things go so bad that to this day whenever anyone mentions this game to creator Hideo Newell, he launches into a homicidal rage and cannot be stopped until he has killed at least three schoolchildren. Today I aim to see what the fuss is all about.
The story of the game is that after a system malfunction aboard the underwater city of Colombia a rouge AI known as Comstock sets out to destroy the human race and it's up to Booker DeWitt, a survivor of a plane crash to save the world and defeat the evil AI.

Videos:
Basic training and character building.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Suspicious Dish posted:

It's 5:30. The day's almost over, dude.

It's only three in the afternoon here.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Seems alright but you should wait until the three month waiting period is up before posting this LP.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Don't worry about people judging you because you have a sponsorship, a number of LPers here have them, we're fine if you make a little pocket money off of something you do.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
That was great. I think you're good to go.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Let's just change gears before it get any creepier.
So... does anyone plan on seeing the new Star Trek movie?

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
First off let me say that getting fame from doing Let's Play on youtube is kind of a stupid way of getting fame. You see there are people who got their start doing things on the internet and actually making enough to make a living off of it, the difference is that those people do actually display talent for example Jon LaJoie got started doing videos for the internet and now does standup for a living, if I remember correctly he even got a half hour special on comedy central. Chris Hastings of Dr. McNinja fame does actually make a living salary off the t shirts that he makes alongside his webcomic. The problem with making money off of youtube let's plays is that you're just playing video games, that's not too impressive as doing stand up comedy or writing a webcomic. Doing those things require actually having talent, jon LaJoie is a pretty funny guy and he does have enough charisma to actually be on TV, and Dr. Mcninja is one of the best webcomics out there, that art is good and the writing does show quite a bit of imagination and it has actually landed Hastings a Job writing a crossover tie in for one of Marvels biggest names and that's not always an easy feat. Playing video games and being able to shout "rape" loud enough to max out the mixer bars for a good thirty seconds are not much of a talent, a trained money can do that.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
If all else fails find a friend to co-commentate with you.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
I like to carve my OPs and SSLP updates into the flesh of innocent children.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Oh and thanks for clearing out my favorites and likes, nothing I'm going to want to rewatch in there.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Also there's another Let's Play of that game going on. There's not a rule against having two LP's of the same game but, it's a personal rule of mine not to do one if I don't if I don't think I can do a better one.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Jaster posted:

Is there another LP going? I looked around and did not see one, which is why I was fine with posting at all. Double redacted in that case, I suppose.

I was taking about Ni no kuni, nobody has done Recettear yet.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Klansman and Black Panther play Slender.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Well he's glossing over the sidequests so there is still plenty to show off, it's not really a rule that you can't do a game that somebody else is also doing.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Agent Tough Juice posted:

Game sounds/other technical issues: I'll look into it. I downloaded a free program at random and just gave it a shot.

Don't do this, go into the tech support thread if you want some advise there.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

The White Dragon posted:

3) It would, but not as much as if you didn't surreptitiously change Fayt's name to Fart every once in a while without drawing any attention to it whatsoever.

This and/or you use the propper spelling of the word, I hate it when people use deliberately misspelled words for names.

David D. Davidson fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Aug 18, 2013

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Remember how back in the eighties the movie Robocop proposed that by 2015 entertainment would become so intellectually devoid that the most popular show would consist solely of two buxom woemen and a blad middle age man laughing and occasionally saying "I would by that for a dollar." Seems there was more truth to that than Paul Verhoven thought.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

gatz posted:

They do go by three initials, though, which is impressive as gently caress. :jerkbag:

I take offense to that.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Oh goodie I got about a dozen ideas I can do about Phill. Can I submit multiple videos? By the way, I wouldn't worry about having the video flagged, he has nowhere near the level pull with youtube that pewdiepie did.

David D. Davidson fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Sep 13, 2013

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
That you for taking my advice Lowtax.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Since we're talking about the podcast let me just say the Slowbeef got the story about phil and his computer wrong.
Okay so from what I under stand is that it when phil first got started and was gaining popularity Chris Furtado (aka the Mightyfurtado) and his friend Teo sent Phil a message say "hey is it cool if we make a site for you" Phil said yes and then they made thekingofhate.com. About a year or so later Phil posted on his website that he was in the market for a gaming PC and so Chirs and Teo contacted him again and said that they were doing an intership with Tigerdirect and would be willing to build him a gaming PC,and so it went more or less like you said on the video, they screwed up on the ram but besides that and the case getting cracked when they were shipping it to him everything was fine. They even threw in a bunch of software for him including Amensia, Crysis, and Sony Vegas Pro 10. Okay so then Slowbeef and Chip made their little video earlier this year. As a result, Phil is suddenly put under immense pressure to switch to direct capture. So he finally gives in and buys a hauppauger HD PVR. He then streams himself setting it up and calls on Chris and Teo for help. During the evening he starts getting frustrated when he has trouble setting it up for Livestreaming with his PS3 and begins lashing out and Chris and Teo and saying they the PC that they built for him is a lemon and that they ripped him off and generally berating them. A few days later during one of his Vlogs he tries to explain himself and then again starts laying into them and demanding that they give him the site and that they should apologize.

So in short Phil is an rear end in a top hat and Chris and Teo should be considered heroes for putting up with his poo poo for so long.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Yeah, don't do Video LP of a JRPG.
ALso don't do an LP blind unless you're a professional comedian or are just funny.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Typing on a cell phone there Lazyfire?

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Which is exactly why he should do it. Why else would he recommend it?

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Everyone hates Selphie, Let's Play Final Fantasy 8.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Mr. Maltose posted:

Ah yes, Paki part 2.

Oh, here's an idea, name each character after a real life dictator. I.e. Squall becomes Stalin, Zell becomes Pol Pot. Let's get some edutainment going up in this bitch.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Highwang posted:

Kinda got a weird question for my RE: Revelation LP.

There's a chapter where the end cutscene has no dialouge whatsoever, just an action segment. People won't mind if I keep commentary over that in the cut commentary episode will they?

I don't see anything wrong with it.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
There was a thread for the video Tie in to the movie Elf. It was just one video and it had it's own thread. Go ahead.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
I don't think Final Fantasy XIII's that bad. Not the best Final Fantasy game but not the worst. It does start out on the entirely wrong foot however I'll give you that.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
"I really have nothing better to do star wars the force unleashed 2"

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

FillInTheBlank posted:

Why can't we all just be a happy family?

Because you are a piece of poo poo, remember?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

TwoPair posted:

I haven't played the game, so I can't judge completely, but something here makes me want to disagree vehemently.

As some who has played the game, yeah there are a few moments but the rest is utter poo poo.
As for the actual LP, I think that you should rewrite the OP to be in character and then see if you can get the mod Deadpool to post it for you. Not really important but it would be kind of funny.

• Locked thread